Epic Trolling of Newsmax

Feb 4, 2009
Gotta watch the video it is short, pay close attention to his word choices, they are perfect.
Sorry about it being a crappy format cnn video.

I did some business with a speech writer guy 6 years ago. I don’t claim to know the guy well but I do have a thing for spoken word and that dude could speak or get answers without directly asking. Similar to this video.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Gotta watch the video it is short, pay close attention to his word choices, they are perfect.
Sorry about it being a crappy format cnn video.

I did some business with a speech writer guy 6 years ago. I don’t claim to know the guy well but I do have a thing for spoken word and that dude could speak or get answers without directly asking. Similar to this video.

You are right his choice of words was perfect. I wish we would have gotten the whole conversation then CNN could have gone into their info bytes.

Feb 4, 2009
While I don’t expect the host to go way off topic when the segment is about SNL and Musk. I do suspect if it was nearly anything Biden, Obama, Hillary or AOC he would have gladly gone to another topic.
I still won’t alight him for that.
What I do find pretty incompetent is yeah the conversation took a turn in a weird direction and instead of leading or being the host he became a crybaby. Simple way to handle this would have been “We are not talking about dominion, please stay on topic”
Instead he goes with the deplorable whining about not watching SNL for years and he only watched the highlights.
Wait you are doing a news story on this and you only watched highlights. You didn’t have enough time or something, it was probably less than 10 minutes of Musk speaking that night. Dude is so busy he doesn’t have a few minutes over a fucking day to watch?
Such a low energy deplorable. So predictable.

Nov 8, 2012
Oh boy... that guy really got him... came on to discuss a certain topic... then brought up something that was completely unrelated to which they basically asked "What are you doing? Do you want to have this discussion or bring up unrelated things like a 2 year old"

He sure... uhhh... got him good.... lol. You guys live in a warped sense of reality.

If thats your idea of "epic trolling" you have extremely low standards.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Oh boy... that guy really got him... came on to discuss a certain topic... then brought up something that was completely unrelated to which they basically asked "What are you doing? Do you want to have this discussion or bring up unrelated things like a 2 year old"

He sure... uhhh... got him good.... lol. You guys live in a warped sense of reality.

I am appreciating his choice of words to force the conversation.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Should have asked Charles Barkley what he thought.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

QQ more noob.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

#triggered

• Haha
Reactions: Fanatical Meat
Feb 4, 2009

As I said above I don’t expect this host or any host to run totally off topic with one guest.
I do expect the host to be a professional. The host should practice scenarios like this in his head, there is no possible way anyone is going to be an accomplished news person without a guest ever going far off topic. This will happen.
The way he spoke and handled the guest going far off topic, then grumbling about it like a tween is not professional and if that was his plan he worked out when not on the air it was a shitty plan.
I find the writers choice and use of words very interesting. I find the hosts use and choice of words very telling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeea

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

To be fair, I guess we should bow to your expertise on the topic of 'trolling'.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I wouldn't call it trolling, epic or not, anyway. Trolling implies deliberate wind-ups about things one isn't really emotionally-invested in.

The guy had the strength of his convictions to take on Newsmax on it's home turf. (I guess burning his bridges because he's never going to be invited back for any topic.) And he did it well. If you are asked to appear on a channel like that I guess you have to make a choice whether to do the right-but-easy thing (i.e. refuse), the morally-compromised thing (duly and docilely talk about what they want you to talk about), or the difficult but morally-correct thing (appear, and take the opportunity to try and inform their bubble-dwelling audience).

Mar 11, 2004
This is great because its clear Newsmax was planning on trolling that guy instead (obvious by the pathetic anchor admitting he didn't bother doing even the most basic prep to discuss this topic and was clear they were just out to try and go "SNL isn't funny" and try and trash SNL, even more amusing is their attempt at sucking Turmp's dick in the process) and so he just used it to mock them and show how sad they are. Loved the Newsmax guy whining about how its Monday morning so its unfair to him (oh poor baby). Even better is how he couldn't even manage to discuss the actual topic himself yet and so just whined the whole time.

Also, uh, I'm realizing why I have certain people on ignore. Trolling is only trolling if you're not actually invested in any way in the topic? K... :rolleyes:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

You can't handle discussions. You start a thread, get asked one follow-up question and shrivel up like a coward.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Sorry, but this is the same low quality content I have come to expect from right wing talking heads on youtube.

This particular 20 second exchange between David Litt and newsmax does not deserve the coverage that it had. This is no different than someonemid1 getting his panties in a bunch over non binary Mother's day opinion piece.

Personally I think this kind of coverage is detrimental to civilized discourse.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 29, 2006
Host: "I'd be happy to talk to you about whatever you'd like to talk about, obviously its not the topic we have set up for right now. If you'd like to talk about SNL, I will do that with you, but I will not talk about anything else right now."

So which one is it? Ill talk about you about whatever you want, or I wont talk about anything else right now?

Nov 8, 2012
Host: "I'd be happy to talk to you about whatever you'd like to talk about, obviously its not the topic we have set up for right now. If you'd like to talk about SNL, I will do that with you, but I will not talk about anything else right now."

So which one is it? Ill talk about you about whatever you want, or I wont talk about anything else right now?

You having mental issues understanding that statement?

He's saying we have a set allocated time right now in the program and the agreement was to discuss X topic. I would be happy to discuss Y topic with you as well at a later time, but right now we agreed that X was to be discussed.

Feb 4, 2009

He's saying we have a set allocated time right now in the program and the agreement was to discuss X topic. I would be happy to discuss Y topic with you as well at a later time, but right now we agreed that X was to be discussed.

That is long but a perfectly fine way of dealing with the diversion.
Compare that to what happened.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Hahahaha. butthurt

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Sorry, but this is the same low quality content I have come to expect from right wing talking heads on youtube.

This particular 20 second exchange between David Litt and newsmax does not deserve the coverage that it had. This is no different than someonemid1 getting his panties in a bunch over non binary Mother's day opinion piece.

Penetrating the conservative media bubble needs to happen as often as we can make it happen.

Mar 11, 2004

You do realize that was Newsmax' intent, right? They weren't out to discuss it and were just going to try and spend the whole time trashing SNL and thought they'd get a soundbite from someone they don't like saying something bad about SNL, Musk, or whatever painfully stupid talking point they're trying to get across. The guy knew it so he just decided to throw their stupid shit back in their faces, which ruined their entire segment while reminding viewers how full of shit Newsmax is. Plus it showed how they operate on grade school level discourse when their head anchor couldn't do anything but whine the entire segment. Whine about SNL, tried to fluff Turmp but just showed how moronically hypocritical they are, then whined about everything else including that it was Monday morning (so apparently they hired Garfield as their anchor?).

Its a special type of stupid to have a guest come on to talk about something that you're flippantly trying to both claim isn't relevant and isn't funny but have an entire segment devoted to discussing it. Fucking clowns, which I guess is how right wingers operate these days.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
You can't handle discussions. You start a thread, get asked one follow-up question and shrivel up like a coward.
I think he just has a bunch of people on his block list so he doesn't see the posts. Even outside of P&N he pretty consistently posts things that are not true as simple matters of fact. Not opinions, actual verifiable facts that could be checked with 10 seconds of web searching. If anyone corrects him he never responds.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

[Narrator] They will never discuss topic Y

Reactions: WelshBloke and pmv

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

You think your trolling is any better? It isn't.