EPIC FAILURE - Mitt can't distance himself from Ryan/Akin war on women.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Today, Mitt Romney, lied yet again as he tried and failed to distance himself from Paul Ryan and Akin war on women, including Akin's claim that women can naturally "shut down" the possibility of a rape-induced pregnancy.

Romney assails Obama campaign on Todd Akin's, abortion

By BRIAN BAKST | Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) &#8212; Mitt Romney accused President Barack Obama's campaign of trying to link him to Rep. Todd Akin's statements about rape and abortion, calling that a sad new low in the bitter election race while conceding that controversy over the remarks is hurting the Republican Party.
. (continues)

Romney, Ryan and most Republicans, including most extreme wingnuts were quick to denounce Akin's statement and called on him to drop out of his Missouri race for the Senate.

As usual, Romney's lies and denials are easy to disprove. Akin said the source for his pseudo-science was quack physician, Dr. John Wilke -- The same Dr. John Wilke who was a surrogate for the Romney campaign in 2008 and the same Dr. John Wilke who met privately with Romney last October. As reported by the Telegraph (London):

US election: Mitt Romney met Todd Akin doctor John Willke during 2012 campaign

Mitt Romney met John Willke, the doctor credited with popularising Todd Akin&#8217;s controversial views on rape and abortion, during the current election campaign and told him they agreed on &#8220;almost everything,&#8221; Dr Willke said.

Dr Willke, a prominent anti-abortion campaigner, claims to be an authority on the theory espoused by Mr Akin that victims of what the Republican congressman called &#8220;legitimate rape&#8221; do not become pregnant because their bodies &#8220;shut down&#8221; due to the trauma.

The 87-year-old endorsed Mr Romney&#8217;s bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination and was one of his official campaign surrogates. &#8221;I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement,&#8221; Mr Romney said at the time.

Mr Romney and Paul Ryan, his running mate, have denounced Mr Akin's remarks. Dr Willke has been given no role in Mr Romney&#8217;s 2012 campaign and aides stress that the candidate disagrees with his theory on rape.

However, Dr Willke told The Daily Telegraph that he did meet Mr Romney during a presidential primary campaign stop in the doctor's home city of Cincinnati, Ohio, in October last year. Local news reports at the time noted that the candidate held &#8220;private meetings&#8221; during the visit.

&#8220;He told me &#8216;thank you for your support &#8211; we agree on almost everything, and if I am elected President I will make some major pro-life pronouncements&#8217;,&#8221; Dr Willke said in a telephone interview on Tuesday.

Any wingnuts who think they can deny this should check with your favorite source, Fox News before replying:

MITT ROMNEY MET WITH DOCTOR TODD AKIN CITES ON RAPE AND SAID &#8220;WE AGREE ON ALMOST EVERYTHING&#8221;

Mitt Romney met with Jack Wilkie, the doctor who claims rape victims rarely get pregnant, and they found great agreement.

The 87-year-old endorsed Mr Romney&#8217;s bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination and was one of his official campaign surrogates. &#8221;I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement,&#8221; Mr Romney said at the time&#8230;

&#8220;He told me &#8216;thank you for your support &#8211; we agree on almost everything, and if I am elected President I will make some major pro-life pronouncements&#8217;,&#8221; Dr Willke said in a telephone interview on Tuesday.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Somewhat like Obama bailed on his divine leader. Still was one of the flock while a candidate. Did not denounce him.

Romney did denounce immediately.

Judging by the current company that one keeps does not bode well for Obama either.

Where did Romney state that he agreed on rape?

Or is this another smear innuendo? :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Somewhat like Obama bailed on his divine leader. Still was one of the flock while a candidate. Did not denounce him.

Romney did denounce immediately.

Judging by the current company that one keeps does not bode well for Obama either.

Where did Romney state that he agreed on rape?

Or is this another smear innuendo? :thumbsdown:

A bit reading challenged are you, EK? :confused:

Romney's faux renunciation is just one more flip flop, just as he has flipped on every other issue he has ever addressed. Both the Telegraph and Faux articles quote Willkie:

That means the one "smearing" Romney with "innuendo" would be... wait for it... MITT ROMNEY! :whiste:

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
"Almost everything" != everything. Perhaps Romney disagreed with Wilke on just one single point - and that point is the issue of contention right now.

Simply, though, there's too much evidence that Romney will say anything that will get him elected. Huge public outcry toward Akin = Romney denounces Akin. We'll never know if these are Romney's actual feelings or not; thus I don't even think it's worth discussion. What IS worth discussion are all the points where Romney has flipped 180 degrees.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
ROFLMAO!

You really think there is a war on women and this will divert the people's attention away from obama's failed economy and job losses?

That really is funny.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
oh i see. IF Romeny comes out and denounces atkins its all to get votes. But if he didn't he would still get smeared.

wtf..

oops didn't see how posted the thread. sorry carry on.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
ROFLMAO!

You really think there is a war on women and this will divert the people's attention away from obama's failed economy and job losses?

That really is funny.
your funny!! You really think a Republican will be the next POTUS??? What are you smokin??

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
ROFLMAO!

That really is funny.

Actually what is funny is how liberals have re branded the "war on abortion" as the "war on women". Kinda implies all women are about is aborting as many unborn babies as possible.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The way I look at it, Romney will try to cling to the standard GOP script that the GOP does not discriminate against women.

When, IMHO, the far more important question is will American women buy repacked GOP Romney Ryan bullshit?

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
ROFLMAO!

That really is funny.

That's George W. Bushwhacko's failed economy that has been recovering much more slowly due to Republican intransigence. In their rush to defeat Obama at every turn, and at any cost, they have done everything they could to sabotage and undermine the health, safety and welfare of the American people.

And the majority of the ~50% of the population whose standard equipment includes a vagina aren't laughing. :mad:

oh i see. IF Romeny comes out and denounces atkins its all to get votes. But if he didn't he would still get smeared.

wtf..

oops didn't see how posted the thread. sorry carry on.

If Romney renounces Akin's statements on one hand, and on the other, he's having private meetings with him to declare, "We agree on almost everything, and if I am elected President I will make some major pro-life pronouncements," that makes him exactly what he has always been without any help from anyone else, a flip flopping two bit, chickenshu8 hypocritical political whore who never encountered any side of any issue he wouldn't advocate for a politically expedient price.

By simple arithmetic, that means AT LEAST half of everything Romney spews is a lie. :thumbsdown:

And who I am as the OP doesn't change that truth. :colbert:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Must be some serious concern within the force. The big guns have been put in play.

Let's see, Obama has accused Romney of being a tax cheating felon who killed a woman that had cancer. And Romney is a liar. Are his pants on fire too?

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Must be some serious concern within the force. The big guns have been put in play.

Let's see, Obama has accused Romney of being a tax cheating felon who killed a woman that had cancer. And Romney is a liar. Are his pants on fire too?

Obama made no such statements. If you think otherwise, please post links to prove it.

Romney is a proven liar as documented for decades by his own words refuting and denying his own previous statements.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
This game we play here is just too damned easy sometimes.
too bad the game that is played does not have a rule concerning lying and twisting what is said.....
The game is only easy for you because you don`t have to back up your diatribe...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
EPIC FAILURE - Mitt can't distance himself from Ryan/Akin war on women.

Romney, Ryan and most Republicans, including most extreme wingnuts were quick to denounce Akin's statement and called on him to drop out of his Missouri race for the Senate.

As usual, Romney's lies and denials are easy to disprove. Akin said the source for his pseudo-science was quack physician, Dr. John Wilke --

The same Dr. John Wilke who was a surrogate for the Romney campaign in 2008 and the same Dr. John Wilke who met privately with Romney last October. As reported by the Telegraph (London):

Any wingnuts who think they can deny this should check with your favorite source, Fox News before replying:

The only reason I could think of that any woman that votes Republican is because they are trying to be in good standing with rich Republican men.

They are nothing but old fashioned Gold Diggers.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Obama made no such statements. If you think otherwise, please post links to prove it.

Romney is a proven liar as documented for decades by his own words refuting and denying his own previous statements.

so is obama so what? they are politicians. lol

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This game we play here is just too damned easy sometimes.

If the forum rules were changed so that people couldn't crap on what you say perhaps you wouldn't be so inclined to turn it into a game and they might be more inclined themselves not to see you as playing one.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Lets be a bit didactic and help Nehalem out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Women

First sentence of your link

The War on Women is a political catchphrase used in United States politics to describe Republican Party initiatives in federal and state legislatures that are seen as restricting women's rights, especially with regard to reproductive rights

Reproductive rights is code for abortion rights. So saying that the "war on women" is code for "war on abortion" would seem to be pretty accurate.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
too bad the game that is played does not have a rule concerning lying and twisting what is said.....
The game is only easy for you because you don`t have to back up your diatribe...
I made a point and anyone with a minimum of brain power got it. What is it with progressives and semantics? Sheesh. Continually picking apart statements that leave wiggle room in their wording doesn't make you the smartest guy in the room. It's pretty much the opposite.

I've said it before, most of the time you guys get no answer because we're shaking our heads in disbelief that you actually said what you said. But if it makes you feel like you won, more power to you.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004

Reproductive rights is code for abortion rights. So saying that the "war on women" is code for "war on abortion" would seem to be pretty accurate.
If only there were some other aspect of reproductive rights... perhaps something called "contraception"...

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
If the forum rules were changed so that people couldn't crap on what you say perhaps you wouldn't be so inclined to turn it into a game and they might be more inclined themselves not to see you as playing one.
I can't take you seriously because your Avatar is that of a clown. You yourself have said as much - that you should not be taken seriously. You have rendered yourself impotent. C'est la vie.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Lets be a bit didactic and help Nehalem out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Women

The War on Women is a political catchphrase used in United States politics to describe Republican Party initiatives in federal and state legislatures that are seen as restricting women's rights, especially with regard to reproductive rights

Either your vocabulary is tragically limited, or, like Romney and Ryan, you're lying divert attention from the truth. Women's reproductive rights encompass far more than just a woman's right to determine whether and when she can terminate a pregnancy. It includes the right to obtain contraceptive products to prevent pregnancy and even basic gynecological health care. Under the tyranical "personhood" bills Republicans have attempted to pass in many states, it would also determine the right to in vitro fertilization.

Ryan and Akin co-sponsored several bills in Congress that would impose the same exact terms in Federal law, and these onorous conditions are written into the official Republican Party platform.

If Romney thinks he can now stepback and "renounce" that platform, it's just one more example of him painting himself as the same flip flopping, lying hypocrite he is, now, and always has been. :rolleyes: