Enigma@home team reaches TOP 6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Originally posted by: networkman
Thanks for the article link, Peter. :) I can pass this along to some friends that I've told about the project - hopefully they'll join TA in our efforts.

You're welcome. :D

Hopefully your friends have an interest in history so they will join this effort and later on stay in TA. :p

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Nice going folks :D

SAK
What you got your quad o/c to?:)
Mines at a modest 3.05GHz atm ,think I'm limited by the cooler.

Btw hump,hump,hump?? lol what's that from;)

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Nice to see the activity is really picking up! :shocked:

I think this is the quickest I've passed the 10k mark in any project thus far. :D And I gotta hand it to Alyx really kept me straining to see if I could pass him - I did - just momentarily, and I took a screen-shot to remember it :camera: 'cuz I kinda figured I might not get another chance the way he's been moving! :p

Thanks to rest of my TeAm mates for making the project stats the much more interesting!

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
Nice to see the activity is really picking up! :shocked:

I think this is the quickest I've passed the 10k mark in any project thus far. :D And I gotta hand it to Alyx really kept me straining to see if I could pass him - I did - just momentarily, and I took a screen-shot to remember it :camera: 'cuz I kinda figured I might not get another chance the way he's been moving! :p

Thanks to rest of my TeAm mates for making the project stats the much more interesting!

:D Yeah you may not catch me for a while. I've moved all my production to this project, so it'll hopefully ramp to 6k/day. My main cruncher got hit with a power surge, so I don't know what the other machines will top out to though...

I love these small work units, I've got a few machines that are only on a few hours a day, so they actually finish work now! :)

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Opportunities
Rank..........Team................................Score..............Average...........Daily Gain..........Days to Overtake
5.............BOINC Synergy....................325,216........1,740...............14,316................4.36
4.............PC Perspective Killer Frogs....430,607........7,191.................8,864..............18.94
3.............BOINC@Poland.....................512,559........6,845.................9,210..............27.13
2.............Wristshakers........................677,120........7,601.................8,455..............49.01
1.............L'Alliance Francophone..........716,271........9,425.................6,631..............68.40

I love the sight of this. :D :thumbsup: At the current rate and nothing changing dramatically, within 2 months (if the project lasts that long) you all have captured the #1 spot. Congrats ahead on that achievement. :gift:

[EDIT: Trying to get the numbers a bit more lined out. ;)]

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
"cuppa Tea" definitely works for me - fits in with my Runescape activities for sure. I'm known as "Anaghan" there. ;)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Yea we need a cuppa Tea icon!

"cuppa Tea" definitely works for me - fits in with my Runescape activities for sure. I'm known as "Anaghan" there. ;)
Funny you mention Runescape ,my son plays that ,I can't see the attraction myself:confused: ,graphics are too naff;)
I usually have a cuppa whilst playing Guild Wars or HL2 ;)

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
One attraction for me is that it's a relatively simple Dungeons & Dragons type game that I can play from practically anywhere(with an internet connection) that doesn't require much in the way of install other than some java files.

The other reason I play is so I can chat with friends from college who are spread all over the country and have fun together. :)

RobertE

May 14, 2005
Just transfered my two running rigs over the Enigma. Set both Rosetta & Einstein to no new work, so it will be a day or so for things to completely switch over.

C2D 6320 & P4 something :)

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Originally posted by: RobertE
Just transfered my two running rigs over the Enigma. Set both Rosetta & Einstein to no new work, so it will be a day or so for things to completely switch over.

C2D 6320 & P4 something :)

Great, RobertE

Enigma can use all the power they can get, since Boinc@Poland is speeding up also ATM. :D

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
I've been passed! Darn holidays! All my home computers are off since I'm away visiting family, and the work computers are off for the break too. Seven more days and stuff will start coming back online, I'll be way behind by then!

The only good news out of this is that my main cruncher that's been down the last 3 weeks has a fried processor, so I bit the bullet and bought the quad today! I can't wait for it to come in the mail now!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a great new years!

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Well, on the plus side, I did finally get the 3400 built(already had all the parts), broke it in with a bit of SWAT4 and Rainbow Six:Vegas, and just installed BOINC now that the guys have gone home. :)

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
Fried CPU?:Q blimey that's rare! what was it?

What quad have you ordered?

The fried one is a E6400 from last October, I'm not quite sure how the mobo survived and processor died but I put it in another machine with all known working components and it wouldn't post. The new one is a Q6600, hopefully it will overclock well, the machine its going in is watercooled so heat shouldn't be to much of a problem.