Enigma@Home News

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
1 L'Alliance Francophone 138 14,485 1,274,798 International
2 TeAm AnandTech 28 28,540 1,272,843 International

As of 2:57am, less than 2k to go! :D

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
Originally posted by: networkman
Originally posted by: caferace
Congrats to the TeAm! Keep it up until next weeks temporary shutdown!!

-jim

Absolutely! Let's try and hang onto this for a while. :cool:

If we keep it for the next week we'll have it for the whole time the projects down! ;)

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Alyx
Originally posted by: networkman
Congrats to the TeAm! Keep it up until next weeks temporary shutdown!!

-jim

Absolutely! Let's try and hang onto this for a while. :cool:

If we keep it for the next week we'll have it for the whole time the projects down! ;)

My point exactly. :D

-jim

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
MM's today:

Alyx ____ 250,000 :beer::D
caferace _ 100,000 :)
biodoc _____5,000 :cool:

-jim

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
MM's today:

-jim

Congrats Alyx and caferace!:beer:

My contribution was minimal but glad help to this TeAm out!:)

Once enigma is down where to next? I was thinking of going back to malariacontrol.

Any other ideas?

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: biodoc
MM's today:

-jim

Once enigma is down where to next? I was thinking of going back to malariacontrol.

Any other ideas?

Gotta see where TAS may take us....

-jim

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: biodoc
MM's today:

-jim

Any other ideas?

Gotta see where TAS may take us....

-jim

:thumbsup:

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
OK, I noticed tonight in Free-DC that L'Alliance Francophone was picking up the pace, so I got into my best Inspector Clouseau mode. ;)

Thanks to Google Translate, I found out they're not so pleased (in a nice TeAm sorta way) and want their spot back. Scroll about halfway down the page...

http://tinyurl.com/ypj7r4

/me waves to France :thumbsup:

We're currently about 37k up... Can we hold this through the weekend? The TeAm has 24 active crunchers. AF has 88.

Can I get a WOOOO? :laugh:

To quote AF: "It's time to make an express mobilization on the project to return to the TeAm AnandTech before the break"

Uh-oh. :Q

-jim

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
OK, I noticed tonight in Free-DC that L'Alliance Francophone was picking up the pace, so I got into my best Inspector Clouseau mode. ;)

Thanks to Google Translate, I found out they're not so pleased (in a nice TeAm sorta way) and want their spot back. Scroll about halfway down the page...

http://tinyurl.com/ypj7r4

/me waves to France :thumbsup:

We're currently about 37k up... Can we hold this through the weekend? The TeAm has 24 active crunchers. AF has 88.

Can I get a WOOOO? :laugh:

To quote AF: "It's time to make an express mobilization on the project to return to the TeAm AnandTech before the break"

Uh-oh. :Q

-jim

Yikes! I think we've awakened the beast!

Hopefully we can hold off for the next while, we'll need enough of a lead to offset different WU caches. If their whole team does 8days saved work then they could sneak by after the WU generator has stopped.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Alyx
Yikes! I think we've awakened the beast!

Hopefully we can hold off for the next while, we'll need enough of a lead to offset different WU caches. If their whole team does 8days saved work then they could sneak by after the WU generator has stopped.

I knocked it to 10 days. :D

-jim

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Yeah, I'd increased the prefs on my acct from 3 days cache to 5 days cache, but it doesn't appear to have made any difference whatsoever -- over half my fleet is without work and the servers aren't releasing any more. :(

Edit: FWIW, I've added the RieselSieve project to a bunch of machines so that the CPUs aren't idle, but that's all they're crunching at the moment -- no work is coming down from the Enigma servers.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
from the AF forums:

Yes it is the blockade!
Besides our friends at AnandTech have pointed to request more funds.
I salute them because they actively read our forum ;-)

:D

-jim

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
OK, crunch what you have, because that's all we'll get for awhile. Hopefully what we have cached will keep us at #1! :laugh:

from: TJM -There won't be new work before I'll be back home or before I'll get internet access. I had to switch off workunit generator around 12hrs ealrier that I planned to, because of two reasons: at night and early morning I had connection problem(s) which I couldn't fix - I guess that's because weather here is quite bad atm (strong wind which also caused several short power outages already); the second reason is that part of the server backend had a 'one million workunits bug' - a small glitch which crashed downloader and workunits wrapper to crash when processing workunits with IDs higher than 999999.

-jim (who has ~1000 WU's cached. :))

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
Hmm seems Enigma is having troubles. ATM I can't reach their web page and my WUs aren't uploading any more. Sadly my quad lost internet for a while today, so it is already done with its cache. We'll have to just hope for the best!