Empty Store, Honest black men pay for Items!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Gangbangers or criminals of any race or color. Normally below the age 30.

Thank you.

So obviously they were not partaking in criminal activity, so my use of the word was of a clear sarcastic context.

I mean, I cannot fathom how this simple point escapes you.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Ok "Honest black men"??

Do you realize the crap you're posting here? You are implying that most black men are not dishonest and oohh lookie here we found some good ones.

Gah this entire thread is just disturbing to me.

LOL. That's like saying "a well-spoken black man" -- when our great senator from Nevada said that Obama is a well-spoken black guy.

To be fair, I understood the OPs intention and have no problem with it. It should be pointed out that there are honest people (not just black people)

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Right. Its okay to be racist when you are trying to point out so called racism. Got it. Guess I'm off to tell a bunch of kids to never ever fucking swear. Its bad.

There is definite value in pointing out racism where it exists. Calling a black criminal a thug isn't and that is why this thread and the OP are pointless but also managed to be racist in the process.

I'm sorry that it hurts so much. I'll ask the doctor to increase the dosage.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Right. Its okay to be racist when you are trying to point out so called racism. Got it. Guess I'm off to tell a bunch of kids to never ever fucking swear. Its bad.

There is definite value in pointing out racism where it exists. Calling a black criminal a thug isn't and that is why this thread and the OP are pointless but also managed to be racist in the process.
I missed this post earlier. Calling a black criminal a thug isn't racist. A racist calling a black criminal a thug simply because they like to jump at every possible opportunity to label a black person as a thug because they know they can get away with it in that particular situation is, and is completely transparent when coupled with a racist poster's history.

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Is Rob honest enough to admit the mans color is the sole basis for this thread.
If you understand that, then you should be able to understand it's why you are being mocked.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
The problem isn't the word thug. The problem is acting surprised that some black guys wouldn't steal anything, commending normal behavior.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
The problem isn't the word thug. The problem is acting surprised that some black guys wouldn't steal anything, commending normal behavior.

Acting surprised? Really.

Yet, I bet you had zero issue with the recent Darkman thread concerning a black "thug" shot for trying to rob a pizza delivery man.

The point of this thread is to bring attention to good behavior in a world (and forum) that only discusses bad behavior, and since blacks are the focal point of negative publicity recently, I am condemned because of shedding light on a positive?

Would you have an issue with me bringing attention to a recent shooting in Detroit with blacks as culprits?

Like Spatially and other die-hard "thug" bashers, you'd likely not say anything, but participate in full-on commentary about how the "thug culture" is killing America, yet, I bring a positive, and I am racist and this is "bad"?

Lol...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

He clearly wasn't "surprised." He's responding to a rather disturbing trend of late on P&N. A trend which has resulted in more than one poster being banned. The people criticizing the OP here are intentionally taking his post out of that context. They know very well what he meant.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Is Rob honest enough to admit the mans color is the sole basis for this thread.
If you understand that, then you should be able to understand it's why you are being mocked.

So drawing attention to a good deed by a black person is "mock" worthy?

Yet, the only time "thug" is used by posters here is when it refers to a black criminal...

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
He clearly wasn't "surprised." He's responding to a rather disturbing trend of late on P&N. A trend which has resulted in more than one poster being banned. The people criticizing the OP here are intentionally taking his post out of that context. They know very well what he meant.

Well he seems to be regarding non anti-social behavior as a novelty, at the very least. I didn't say he was racist, and i know he meant well, but don't you see a problem with this? It's not a big deal, but considering his point as articulated could never have been achieved - why would highlighting a particular instance of non thuggery be persuasive of anything or change the minds of any real racist here? - what's the point? At best it's unintentionally patronizing.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Well he seems to be regarding non anti-social behavior as a novelty, at the very least. I didn't say he was racist, and i know he meant well, but don't you see a problem with this? It's not a big deal, but considering his point as articulated could never have been achieved - why would highlighting a particular instance of non thuggery be persuasive of anything or change the minds of any real racist here? - what's the point? At best it's unintentionally patronizing.

I am not trying to "change the minds" of racists, because that's impossible.

What I am doing, as wolf stated, is just breaking a trend of pure negative race baiting, and giving credit where its due since plenty of people have taken the liberty to open threads with op's like: "the problem with blacks", or "thug shot", and if this is done, its patronizing?

What, you mad because good news comes out of the black community, so mad that its wrong to bring attention to it?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Simply not true.

Well find me one single thread where a white criminal is called a thug.

Heck, in the Dunn thread, he's going to jail for unlawfully killing a kid, yet spatiallyaware refers to the deceased as a "thug".

You will lose trying to defend racists.