Elder Scrolls Online release date 4-4-14

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I've basically stopped questing around lvl 25, it was just too slow and tedious and it's been done before, actually happy at how viable aoe grinding is even on my templar.

Where do you AOE grind? Just curious because I am finding the quests to get a bit tedious as well at lvl 15.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Never had dupes when anyone cared about the game : p

LOL!!

/delusional

WoW had a crap ton of dupes over it's lifetime that reared their heads up. I'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 still in use today, but not nearly as widespread in their usage.

The difference is in how widespread the damage is.

At least with ESO not having a centralized auction house, the overall "economy" is hard to damage. It hasn't effected my game play on how others are cheating in this game. There isn't much of an "economy" to speak of without a centralized location/tool for players to buy and trade easily with all other players.

The problem I find is the PVP is crap now in this game. Cheaters galore and unless you cheat, you don't stand a chance. Luckily I haven't bothered with PVP yet, but it was something I was planning on doing once I reached 50+. Now I don't think that will be happening in this game. Which means I'll eventually get bored quicker of the game once reaching max level and quit the game sooner.

Until that point comes, I am still having fun and am 40+ now. Hell I haven't even finished everything in Malabal Tor yet quest area wise. So I haven't even stepped into Reaper's March to start doing quests there. Personally I am enjoying the quests and I HATE grinding.

To me this game did quests right. They aren't a repeat of the same quest of "Go kill 50 fluffy bunnies for me please" or of "I need 50 pieces of wolly mammoth poop from the ground please go get them for me" as many MMO's tend to have. Of which most MMO's have like 5 of those quests for a given level which takes you only a quarter of the way at most to the next level. Then you spend hours on end grinding out the rest of the level. Fuck that stupid shit. I'll never play another game designed like that.

ESO has a crap ton of quests. None of them are repetitive in in terms of having to kill a ridiculous amount of npcs or get a ridiculous amount of some random drop item. There are more than enough quests at any given level to level your character to the next level. They all have pretty good flair and fun/interesting mechanics associated with the quests. Some of them are very well written as well.

For those reasons I love that part of the game. I hate the game breaking mechanics on duping that were poorly tested by Zenimax. Those are breaking PVP and that aspect of the game.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Where do you AOE grind? Just curious because I am finding the quests to get a bit tedious as well at lvl 15.

This is kind of what i have been following, but basicly any place where there are a lot of 3 mob spawns....

UmWztMu.jpg

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Oh, and if you are getting owned in pvp by people that seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear out of nowhere as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu5J9YpB68

There has been plenty of teleportation memory hacks going around. This is a video of a teleporting bot going from node to node. People use this shit along with things like speed hacks in pvp to basically destroy others.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Oh, and if you are getting owned in pvp by people that seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear out of nowhere as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu5J9YpB68

There has been plenty of teleportation memory hacks going around. This is a video of a teleporting bot going from node to node. People use this shit along with things like speed hacks in pvp to basically destroy others.

Wow... that is pretty pathetic. I can't believe this crap has to be re-learned with every new game.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Wow... that is pretty pathetic. I can't believe this crap has to be re-learned with every new game.

Even WoW had hacks like that although I never really heard of people using it like that for long. With WoW they flagged illegal movement and eventually banned them, but it was too hard on the servers to verify it in real time.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Good luck guys.

Bermot got the 80k gold and a bunch of purple items. Clemenza was a little late msg'ing, but sent him a few thousand gold's worth of items to sell.

Now going to play some Age of Wonders 3, which should be downloaded from Steam about now... :p

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
Good luck guys.

Bermot got the 80k gold and a bunch of purple items. Clemenza was a little late msg'ing, but sent him a few thousand gold's worth of items to sell.

Now going to play some Age of Wonders 3, which should be downloaded from Steam about now... :p

Holy cow thanks man!! :) I'm the lucky guy....It will all go to a good cause:) I plan to be playing for awhile.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Even WoW had hacks like that although I never really heard of people using it like that for long. With WoW they flagged illegal movement and eventually banned them, but it was too hard on the servers to verify it in real time.

Yeah, but I guess that's my point. DAoC had hacks, too. But you would think something would have been learned over the last fifteen years.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Does people actually take him serious?

First he was: ESO SUCKS!

Then he was OMG BEST GAME EVER!

And now he hates it again with vague reasons?

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Yeah, but I guess that's my point. DAoC had hacks, too. But you would think something would have been learned over the last fifteen years.

Its the same for all software. Your OS, Java, browser etc is not bugfree either. Even your CPE from your ISP is filled to the brim with exploitable bugs. And they are all longer than 15 years of experience.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Does people actually take him serious?

First he was: ESO SUCKS!

Then he was OMG BEST GAME EVER!

And now he hates it again with vague reasons?

He's actually been consistent. He likes the PvP a lot and loaths just about everything else; he was hardly vague in the video. Granted, I'm not really invested in the game. I just thought he'd go easier on it considering how much he liked the PvP.

I don't know how serious people take him. He's semi-entertaining to me though.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Its the same for all software. Your OS, Java, browser etc is not bugfree either. Even your CPE from your ISP is filled to the brim with exploitable bugs. And they are all longer than 15 years of experience.

Yes, all software has bugs, but still, teleport hacks and dupes?

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
There were economy damaging dupes in WoW as recently as late cata with the epic red gems being the main source, along with mounts.

Back to eso though, I am enjoying this game the more I play it. Have two lvl 12 character, sorc and dk. The only thing that annoys me, and only marginally, is the lack of inventory/storage space and the quick slot wheel.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Yes, all software has bugs, but still, teleport hacks and dupes?

Checked the bugs in other software lately? :p

So many bugs are like....really??? Even OpenSSL.

The question is how fast they fix them and what they do to those abusing it.

Specially PvP will be a very mixed bag the first couple of months.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
There were economy damaging dupes in WoW as recently as late cata with the epic red gems being the main source, along with mounts.

Back to eso though, I am enjoying this game the more I play it. Have two lvl 12 character, sorc and dk. The only thing that annoys me, and only marginally, is the lack of inventory/storage space and the quick slot wheel.

You can buy space, but it becomes increasingly expensive. I got 100 slots on bank and 100 on myself. And I am VR7 now.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Checked the bugs in other software lately? :p

So many bugs are like....really??? Even OpenSSL.

The question is how fast they fix them and what they do to those abusing it.

Specially PvP will be a very mixed bag the first couple of months.

That openSSL bug was very unusual, as evidenced by the worldwide attention it received. Within an MMO game world a teleport hack, speed hack, wall hack, dupe, are roughly the equivalent impact of Heartbleed, I think, and yet they've been happening to every game for years.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Lots of speed hacks too, along with dodging. These really break PVP completely, since there is no level playing field for battles.

Not really, very few people get away with it for long in such a game though. I've not seen any obvious hacking outright.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
They had dupes back in Ultima Online along server boundaries. It does surprise me these continue to show up in games. But I guess that is why the first few months of any of these is just an extended beta while they fix game breaking stuff.

But these companies need to realize the plethora of content out there with a consumer that is willing to move on quickly. Im just enjoying the PVE content right now. But if I was PVP that stuff would piss me off something fierce.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
You can buy space, but it becomes increasingly expensive. I got 100 slots on bank and 100 on myself. And I am VR7 now.

Have upgraded both the bank and backpack. Still not enough room for me personally but I am the type to collect everything I find. It will make professions easier along the way so there is a benefit. I understand why they limit bag space the way they do but meh, I want more.