Economic anxiety on the rise again- Nazi Sympathizer profiled by The Times loses his job

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I guess that NYT article just wasn't sympathetic enough. Somebody find out where his wife works, I'm sure they'd love to know they are employing people who dream about a white ethno-state and make excuses for gassing undesirables. If they both lose their jobs maybe they won't be able to afford to breed and create more Nazis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...e-times-loses-his-job/ar-BBFWhmL?OCID=ARWLCHR

Nazi Sympathizer Profiled by The Times Loses His Job
$
Etheredge for The New York Times Tony Hovater, a Nazi sympathizer, has lost his part-time job as a restaurant cook.

A Nazi sympathizer who was profiled recently in The New York Times and his wife and brother-in-law have lost their jobs, after the article prompted an outpouring of hostility to the restaurant that employed them, both he and the restaurant said.

The Times article depicted Tony Hovater, 29, as an otherwise unremarkable person who voices “casually approving remarks about Hitler, disdain for democracy and belief that the races are better off separate.” He is active in a group called the Traditionalist Workers Party; organizations that track extremist groups have called it a hate group, allied with neo-Nazis, and call its views white supremacist, a label it rejects.

Mr. Hovater, his wife, Maria, and her brother had worked at 571 Grill and Draft House, near their home in New Carlisle, Ohio, a suburb of Dayton. Mr. Hovater worked at the restaurant as a part-time cook for a little over a year, according to a manager there.

Though the Times article did not mention the restaurant — Mr. Hovater had identified himself as a welder by trade — people appalled by his views learned that he worked there and began calling and leaving online messages.

The manager, who asked that his name not be used out of fear for his safety, said that there were dozens of angry, crude and threatening messages and that employees were scared.

In a brief telephone interview, Mr. Hovater said, “they decided to can me.” In a text message exchange, Mr. Hovater added, “we’re moving because of safety reasons.”

The restaurant gave a slightly different account in a statement it released on Wednesday, saying that because of the threats, he “suggested that we release him from employment.”

Supporters have contributed more than $6,000 to the Hovaters through a site that caters to extremists on the right.

Jan 25, 2011
If his views aren't openly expressed in his workplace or impact how he does his job in any way this seems a bit much to me. He and his views are repugnant but that's a fact of life. Threatening his employer etc... does nothing useful.

Reactions: Hayabusa Rider

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
If his views aren't openly expressed in his workplace or impact how he does his job in any way this seems a bit much to me. He and his views are repugnant but that's a fact of life. Threatening his employer etc... does nothing useful.

His views were openly expressed to the Times and they were obviously a threat to his employer's business. They were 100% within their rights to get rid of his Nazi ass and I salute them for doing so. I also salute all the good people who called into his employer and tell them they would refuse to patronize their business as long as he was employed there.

It most definitely is helpful for Nazis to be poor and disenfranchised. If he is poor, he will most likely not be able to afford to have kids. His wife will probably leave him for a black man, and thus his aspirations for raising more Nazi sympathizers turn into lots of mixed-race children who will do the exact opposite. Even if he does manage to keep his wife away from all those hot black dudes with money and jobs and convince her to have his children, his kids will grow up poor and probably won't go to good schools and their nazi views will be looked upon exactly as his are and they will also be disenfranchised and have no children.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Agreed. Vigilante justice is an oxymoron.

Reactions: Hayabusa Rider

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's not a road we want to go down. It's one thing to boycott a business when an employee's personal beliefs directly impact a customer (Kim Davis in Kentucky refusing marriage certificates, caterers in Indiana refusing to work with gays, pharmacists refusing to fill morning after pills, ect). It's another entirely to vilify a company and an employee when their beliefs are both legal, and non-impacting to the service they provide.

We all hold some deep rooted belief or opinion that another will not. Somebody should not be doxxed at work or have their employment threatened simply because you do not agree with them.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a gofundme for the guy. Racists gotta stick together you know.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a gofundme for the guy. Racists gotta stick together you know.

The article states that he has already raised $6,000 from some sort of racist GoFundMe site.

Sorry but your beliefs are grounds for firing if they include you believing in creating an Islamic Caliphate or a white ethno-state. They are both ridiculous dangerous views that are akin to being a supporter of al-Qaeda, ISIS, or the Nazis.

I hope more Nazi sympathizers start volunteering for more NYT puff-pieces on Nazis in America. It seems to be clearing the riff raff from the food services industry.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's not a road we want to go down. It's one thing to boycott a business when an employee's personal beliefs directly impact a customer (Kim Davis in Kentucky refusing marriage certificates, caterers in Indiana refusing to work with gays, pharmacists refusing to fill morning after pills, ect). It's another entirely to vilify a company and an employee when their beliefs are both legal, and non-impacting to the service they provide.

We all hold some deep rooted belief or opinion that another will not. Somebody should not be doxxed at work or have their employment threatened simply because you do not agree with them.
Free speech is a two edged sword. Exercising your right means living with the possible consequences.

This is something I've advocated for a while. Make it as uncomfortable as possible for these fucks to exist in the United States. Maybe they will go and start their own country and call it Trumpsylvania. If this tard had publicly advocated for NAMBLA the same thing would have happened and no one would have batted an eye

Reactions: DarthKyrie

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Free speech is a two edged sword. Exercising your right means living with the possible consequences.

This is something I've advocated for a while. Make it as uncomfortable as possible for these fucks to exist in the United States. Maybe they will go and start their own country and call it Trumpsylvania. If this tard had publicly advocated for NAMBLA the same thing would have happened and no one would have batted an eye

Pedophilia is illegal. Being a racist is not. Do you see the difference?

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
His views were openly expressed to the Times and they were obviously a threat to his employer's business. They were 100% within their rights to get rid of his Nazi ass and I salute them for doing so. I also salute all the good people who called into his employer and tell them they would refuse to patronize their business as long as he was employed there.

It most definitely is helpful for Nazis to be poor and disenfranchised. If he is poor, he will most likely not be able to afford to have kids. His wife will probably leave him for a black man, and thus his aspirations for raising more Nazi sympathizers turn into lots of mixed-race children who will do the exact opposite. Even if he does manage to keep his wife away from all those hot black dudes with money and jobs and convince her to have his children, his kids will grow up poor and probably won't go to good schools and their nazi views will be looked upon exactly as his are and they will also be disenfranchised and have no children.

What the F are you going on about his wife and black men?

Ya, that would be horrible if she left him for a black man. Nothing worse than your wife leaving you for a black man, amiright? /s

But it's ok, you are of the Left so you can get away with saying stupid ass shit and have no one call you on it.

And since when do poor people not have kids? You don't live in the US, do you.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Ya, that would be horrible if she left him for a black man. Nothing worse than your wife leaving you for a black man, amiright? /s

But it's ok, you are of the Left so you can get away with saying stupid ass shit and have no one call you on it.

Settle the fakehurt feels down man, watch and listen to this smart black man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-zND9Ihes

for the short of attention span
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-zND9Ihes&feature=youtu.be&t=82

And I too will be TALKING ABOUT THE GOD DAMNED LEG!

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

He's a part-time chef. While I have no sympathy for him if you are celebrating him being fired as some kind of object lesson to other would-be Nazis then you might want to set your sights a bit higher next time. It's one thing when someone like Matt Lauer gets fired and he's making tens of millions per year, another when the dude's job is likely isn't even clearing him five figures.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If not the use of force, and not economic sanction, just how does a nation "combat" Nazis and supremacists?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Is FiVR 'of the left'?

I can't make out what his politics are. He seems all-over-the-place to me. The post you are replying too is neither left nor right, it's just weird. Why would the guy's wife 'leave him for a black man' particularly? Is there any evidence that that is expected behaviour for partners of nazis who get fired? And what's with all the class-hatred against 'the poor'? Just weird.

That said, I presume his attempted point was that the nazi guy himself would find it particularly distressing if his wife left him for a black man. Not sure that point was worth making though.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I disagree.

No safe haven for Nazi's. Being a Nazi ruins your life. That should be a guarantee. Anything less would be complicitous.

Reactions: HomerJS

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Sometimes it's better to let archaic ways of thinking die a slow, quiet death than to give them a platform on which to rise again. We were better off when that guy was flipping burgers part-time, but now he is free to become a full-time martyr for white supremacy. Way to go NY Times and the SJWs of the world.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I disagree.

No safe haven for Nazi's. Being a Nazi ruins your life. That should be a guarantee. Anything less would be complicitous.
And I am sure he will just cease to exist now that we've taken away his ability to earn an honest living and made him into a white supremacy celebrity.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Sometimes it's better to let archaic ways of thinking die a slow, quiet death than to give them a platform on which to rise again. We were better off when that guy was flipping burgers part-time, but now he is free to become a full-time martyr for white supremacy. Way to go NY Times and the SJWs of the world.
Trump has given them the inspiration to come out of the closet. We actually we want light shone on those vermin and drive them out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I don't see what's wrong with a customer boycotting a business who employs a known Nazi. If this guy didn't want to face these repercussions, he should never have agreed to be profiled by the NYT. What's "useful" about it is to express society's disapproval of Nazis. Nazis have a right to speak, but people have a right to not want to associate with them, or for that matter, anyone who employs them. The tradeoff we have is that the 1A means government can't censor your speech, but private individuals can respond to your speech however they see fit, so long as it's legal (meaning no violence). These customers were exercising their freedom to associate, or not, with any person or business.

Reactions: Younigue