EC Criticized for disappeared evidence during intel trial

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
http://arstechnica.com/tech-po...ntel-investigation.ars

A copy of a yet-to-be-released report by the EU ombudsman was seen by the Wall Street Journal (subscription). It describes how an unidentified Dell executive told EC investigators in 2006 that AMD CPUs were problematic due to "very poor" performance. There's no way to know for sure what the exec said, however, because the EC didn't keep a written record of the conversation. And when Intel asked the Commission for a record of the interview, the EC denied that it ever took place and said there were no records of the meeting.

Wow, destroying evidence showing the defendant might have been innocent, then charging them a billion dollar fine (of which the so called victim isn't seeing a dime).

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It will be interesting to see all the evidance in this case or lack of it . Without the evidence that the eU used to make claim being public this is all just rumors . Lets have the evidence. Isn't this kind of action illegeal in the USA? Convition without the defendent seeing the evidance against them . Isn't this part of the reason we Americans exist as we do . So we can't be railroaded for crimes we commetted or not. Innocent till proven guility.

With the rights to see and defend against evidence that may or may not exist ., Lets see the evidence. This is really bad for AMDs US case . If intel is smart they will make it VERY very Public info . Infact i would advertize how the EU props upAMD with government EU money. If there is a lack of evidence Intel will make it known in USA befor the USA trial about the Hijacking in the EU . Could some one please explain who the hell the terrorist really are. Who is raping africa. So when is EU going to force Apple to use AMD processors. IBM talk about a dirty evil company this one is the KIng of evil companies. Find out what they did to europeans durring WWII. Jews /gypsies/ others. Yet because there corporation none were held responsible for the millions of lives lost because of IBM helping hitler with the round up . Until we make people in business responsble for corporate actions its only going to get worse; When I think of all the lies from AMD in last 2 years it makes me kringe how is it possiable to false advertize and keep getting away with it . America needs to wake up . $$$$ is not = God . Whether you believe or not. Were is the dam common sense that most Americans had before the end of WWII

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
nemesis you really should reexamine your post. from the way it reads, you are accusing intel of raping africa? im sorry, but that's just ridiculous

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Hardly I am accusing the EU of raping Africa. The nation of Africa All countries should gather evidance against the EU . Theres lots of it. Authority in one country is not above authority of another country. I would say the EU has hurt Africa in the amount of at least 10 trillion dollars that can be proven . How Far back can we go with the law. Isreal was made a nation again after 2000 years so we know it goes back 2000 years in 1 case . It would seem the britts and Rothschild make all the rules . Its all in your history books . Depending on what version of history ya read . The true history is ugly and if we can make Isreal a nation after 2000 years. There is no time limit . If Authority says so . LOL . Put the world leaders infront of me. I would gladly give up my spirit to pass judgement on them as they have on others. I would ---- them no doubts about that . and the world would be a better place for it.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
who is the WE that made israel a nation? The British stayed there until suffering too much losses from the jews and arabs together. Then the UN came in and tried to divvy the land up, which resulting in NEIGHBORING countries all invading the newly formed israel at once (and warning local arabs to flee or be killed in crossfire). Some arabs fled becoming refugees in other arab countries, some stayed in israel as israel won its first war for existance and became equal citizens in a democracy. And the surrounding countries suffered defeat at the hands of a handful of dedicated and strong people who fought for their life and land WITHOUT foreign aid.

I don't know why you would even START a rant against israel, somehow tying the EU's EC conduct in the Intel trial to your anti semetic beliefs about Israel.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
No my friend . The deal for Isreal was made in WWI Rothschild was pushing it hard the Crown(Britts) finally agreeded . But the deal didn't happen until after WWII. By the way I love the Jews for who they are. Its just the killing and suffering it has caused that I hate . Than to top it off These weren't even real jews. I can't or will not judge who owns what .

I am much like the American indian . In the fact I really don't understand how one can own land . If anything the land owns you . for surely man will be long gone but the land shall remain.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
No my friend . The deal for Isreal was made in WWI Rothschild was pushing it hard the Crown(Britts) finally agreeded . But the deal didn't happen until after WWII. By the way I love the Jews for who they are. Its just the killing and suffering it has caused that I hate . Than to top it off These weren't even real jews. I can't or will not judge who owns what .

I am much like the American indian . In the fact I really don't understand how one can own land . If anything the land owns you . for surely man will be long gone but the land shall remain.

Shutup already please... Take it to P&N

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
ok enough about this. Israel really has NOTHING to do with intel or th EU. Enough derailing and back on topic please.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
The above is just examples of EU justic . Isreal /India/ China . Africa Have suffered because of the west. You could say it all started in the very mano E mano Greece . All of the World has suffered at the hands of europe. Or whites what ever ya preferr. Is there a reason for this? Could have something to do with the White man being the first race cast into slavery. Revenge can be an ugly thing! As we can see clearly now, Moses law Eye for an Eye. Does this law make Sense. Yes it does . Cutting off the hand of a thief does it make sense ? Yes it does and its just. Cutting the tongue out of a lier does it make sense? Yes it does. Of all the things the living word talked about Liers and luke warm water sickened the master of trueth above all things. Liers are strangers to trueth as luke warm s neither hot or cold and should be spit from the mouth.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
LOL --- Corporations have human rights?

What relevance is this to "paying one OEM to hold off on releasing new AMD-powered business PCs and block sales of them to their enterprise customers" and offering 'rebates' not to sell AMD microprocessors ?

Intel had years to fabricate (errr, submit) supporting data to the EU. The original anti-trust complaint was made in 2001 and an 'undisclosed' Dell executive says in 2006 their decisions were 'performance-based' ?

Intel lawyers have no shame. Maybe they should consider a 'reality-based' appeal ?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo

What relevance is this to "paying one OEM to hold off on releasing new AMD-powered business PCs and block sales of them to their enterprise customers" and offering 'rebates' not to sell AMD microprocessors ?

Intel had years to fabricate (errr, submit) supporting data to the EU. The original anti-trust complaint was made in 2001 and an 'undisclosed' Dell executive says in 2006 their decisions were 'performance-based' ?

Intel lawyers have no shame. Maybe they should consider a 'reality-based' appeal ?

No one is disagreeing with you. We just want to see the so called evidance not hear say ! So far all we have seen is hear say . None has seen any one reliable say differantly . In the EU not 1 person is reliable there so corputed threw the history of the Church and Monarchies all are lost there. Trueth escapes these people like water running down hill . Nothing can change its course. Now we have reports saying key evidance wasn't transcibed. Totally unexceptable to Americans. This EU hearing reminds me of salem witch hunts. Water board a person untill they confess or die at which point the are killed for admitting to it threw torture. Either way your dead . If you drowned you were pronounced innocent . LOL. Today in AMERICA we have the waterboard torture thing alive and well. How this happenened I haven't a clue . But its a hugh step backwards for human rights and Americas freedom . Soon we shall be part of the EU I fear. All shall be lost . But we are becoming like them . So if shoe fits wear it . I hope the blisters from said shoes causes an infection that kills the wearer.

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005

A greedy commission (judge, jury and collector combined with a deep pocket to line) levying a huge fine when the accused is assumed guilty until proven innocent is a blatant violation of property rights, no better than any stalinist or iranian kangaroo court. Apparently the abuse is so blatant even the EU ombudsman is raising the flag.

Corporations have property rights. Many consider property rights to be a human right. In addition, I would not classify the right to a fair trial as a basic human right, rather it is an essential part of fair judicial process, but that has been violated as well, so you can toss that on the list of wrongs.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dmens

A greedy commission (judge, jury and collector combined with a deep pocket to line) levying a huge fine when the accused is assumed guilty until proven innocent is a blatant violation of property rights, no better than any stalinist or iranian kangaroo court. Apparently the abuse is so blatant even the EU ombudsman is raising the flag.

Corporations have property rights. Many consider property rights to be a human right. In addition, I would not classify the right to a fair trial as a basic human right, rather it is an essential part of fair judicial process, but that has been violated as well, so you can toss that on the list of wrongs.

good for intel; they needed the slap for their practices

now let's see what their own crooked lawyers can spin during the appeal; they have made quite a start

too bad it isn't double or nothing on the appeal
[like it will be when Obama gets through with intel]
rose.gif

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
^

so crooked commissions that arrive at the politically correct decision is fine with you? only authoritarians and children think that way. i cannot tell which one you are.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
If Obama tries anything with Intel . Intel will simply Move out of USA. Intel owns its patients. China would gladly open its doors to corperate Intel. I also believe China or Isreal would pay any US Government fines. To cover Intels losses to such a theft by government . Fact is it could create a bidding war . On the worlds best Tech . A STRATIGIC USA STRENGTH. OBAMA isn't doing shit to Intel for that very reason . Intel is more to Americans than A cpu manufactory. Intel is stratigicly the USA. Governments Most Important Asset. Just Look at the Trade they create. What about the CPUs we don't know about? HE Who controls processing speed controls the world. Right now its money that controls all. But I see that as being a exstnict way of doing transactions very soon now. I never new about the Processor that Intel is using in larrabee. I new about the commercial one . But not that intel gave that core to US goverment . After Us. Government improved it and when they Upgraded gave that core back to intel . What those improvements were not real sure just whats been written online .

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
If Obama tries anything with Intel . Intel will simply Move out of USA. Intel owns its patients. China would gladly open its doors to corperate Intel. I also believe China or Isreal would pay any US Government fines. To cover Intels losses to such a theft by government . Fact is it could create a bidding war . On the worlds best Tech . A STRATIGIC USA STRENGTH. OBAMA isn't doing shit to Intel for that very reason . Intel is more to Americans than A cpu manufactory. Intel is stratigicly the USA. Governments Most Important Asset. Just Look at the Trade they create. What about the CPUs we don't know about? HE Who controls processing speed controls the world. Right now its money that controls all. But I see that as being a exstnict way of doing transactions very soon now. I never new about the Processor that Intel is using in larrabee. I new about the commercial one . But not that intel gave that core to US goverment . After Us. Government improved it and when they Upgraded gave that core back to intel . What those improvements were not real sure just whats been written online .

You mean that the US can in no way rescind Intel's patents?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Good riddance to crooked company then

Someone will fill their place

Intel needs the USA far more than the other way around

so crooked commissions that arrive at the politically correct decision is fine with you? only authoritarians and children think that way. i cannot tell which one you are.
Which of THREE "crooked commissions" are you talking about?
- European nations, Japan or S. Korea

they ALL determined that Intel is guilty as sin
- your employer,, right? :p
:roll:

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
Originally posted by: apoppin

any government organizations that levies fines and collects for themselves are crooked due to conflict of interest. moreover, if there were real criminal behavior, a fair and transparent court with open evidence and testimony would be the only legitimate course of action.

your personal attacks just make you look foolish. my arguments regarding the use of 19th century anti-trust law to pervert the 21st century technological marketplace are generalized and based on libertarian principles, unlike your meaningless fanboy retorts.

it might be hard to believe, but engineers are not paid go online and argue with retards. so until large bags of money appear in my office with a note of thanks from the CEO, you're just an idiot.

Easy does it there dmens. Back away from the personal jabs.
Anandtech Moderator - Keysplayr

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
intel owners have human rights, which extend to their property, intel, to a certain degree. The right to a fair trial without destruction of evidence by the investigator, judge, jury, executioner and benefactor is such a right.
Anyways, you might believe intel to be evil, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I would like there to be a fair trial to prove either way.

I am amazed that so many people are so unconcerned with what amounts to DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE by the STATE to achieve a conviction

drizek

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2005
Was he saying that A64 was problematic relative to Prescott? The article doesn't say exactly when this happened, but AMD was competitive with Intel in early 06, at least on the desktop.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Know I mean USA can do any thing they want . Intel is multi national. With fabs el;se wear. They can sell out to China same as AMD sold out to ARABS. But the Better deal would Be Israel buying Intel; . Than we can have a Holy War based off of Whos tech is more GOD like.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dmens
Originally posted by: apoppin

any government organizations that levies fines and collects for themselves are crooked due to conflict of interest. moreover, if there were real criminal behavior, a fair and transparent court with open evidence and testimony would be the only legitimate course of action.

your personal attacks just make you look foolish. my arguments regarding the use of 19th century anti-trust law to pervert the 21st century technological marketplace are generalized and based on libertarian principles, unlike your meaningless fanboy retorts.

it might be hard to believe, but engineers are not paid go online and argue with retards. so until large bags of money appear in my office with a note of thanks from the CEO, you're just an idiot.
Not *MY* personal attacks; i made NONE :p

You are the one famous for personal attacks; not me .. proof is above in your quote calling me a 'fanboy idiot' :|
:thumbsdown:

who am i a fan boy of?
- certainly not AMD
:confused:

i am not a fan of mega crooked business that tramples on other business' rights and screws the consumer
- it is a *pattern* that intel seemed to like that THREE *fair* courts of law established as WRONG
rose.gif

Know I mean USA can do any thing they want . Intel is multi national. With fabs el;se wear. They can sell out to China same as AMD sold out to ARABS. But the Better deal would Be Israel buying Intel; . Than we can have a Holy War based off of Whos tech is more GOD like.
Then intel is sure to fail
:evil:

Whose your daddy?
:confused:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
well... i think someone is gonna get fired for this one.

Losing evidence after you charge someone is very very big, expecially when that person is going to file and undergo a retrial.

That is a big no no.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: aigomorla
well... i think someone is gonna get fired for this one.

Losing evidence after you charge someone is very very big, expecially when that person is going to file and undergo a retrial.

That is a big no no.

Highly doubtful

from the *original source*

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124967239079915187.html
The evidence from the single Dell meeting isn't likely to have swayed the huge and complex case one way or the other. The EU has said it identified anticompetitive conduct in Intel's dealings over five years with five computer manufacturers, including Dell, and one computer retailer. It is impossible to assess the evidence because the EU's 542-page decision condemning Intel and imposing the fine remains confidential.