eBay "Mistake" by buyer (Need input ASAP!) *Updated*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
just do the non-paying bidder thing. he gets a warning, and you get all your listing money back

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Ime
Originally posted by: rudeguy
1. charge him whatever fees you incur
2. ask him to leave positive feedback
3. paypal him back his money minus the fees, minus fifty dollars
4. when he emails to ask about the fifty bucks, tell him you had multiple windows open and must have made a mistake

LOL! I love the way you think!:evil:

Good stuff.

I had this ebay say my iPod I sold him was BROKEN. It wouldn't charge and it wouldn't sync. dam fool didn't read the manual.

Thought his laptop 4pin FireWire port charges the iPod. Only 6pin FireWire ports charge.......FOOL.

Tried to say it was busted and such. What a fool. RTFM.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Hossenfeffer
I actually had a similar thing happen the other day. Needed a cable for my parents' digital camera so I had a couple windows open. Then I thought "heck, I'll see if there's one for mine". I've got each of the windows scrolled down to the bid price... I bid on one for my camera... bleh.

Said I would honor my bid, but if there were any way out of it, I'd appreciate it.

There's always the chance he wanted more than one Jornada. Not jumping to defend the guy, but I also don't like to see the pitchforks and torches all the time.

Well sorry to say but you should be more careful when it comes to buying things.

Some shops accept no refund or no credit. If you bought in error thats your problem.

When people come to a takeaway and ask for something, then they change there mind its like wtf? Can't do that...........that piss's me off.....

schizoid

Banned
May 27, 2000
Screw him over as much as possible.

That's what this world needs, more people who try and screw other people over.

Thank god for ATOT.

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: LandRover
Interesting development...

I did a search on eBay with his account name. Turns out he also bought a Joranda today with Buy-It-Now for $300.

He bought my laptop 49 minutes after buying the Jornada. Now how exactly did he make that mistake?

Doesnt mean much. I just sold an ipod to someone who was legit and ended up buying 3 (on 3 different days) from 3 different sellers.

LandRover

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
I refused his request for a refund. I told him that he can just as easily relist it himself if he decides he doesn't want it. I said he could use my photos and information on the laptop so it would require very little effort for him to put it back on eBay.

He seems alright about it now. He even said that it might suit his needs more than a Jornada anyways. He was supposedly planning to buy 2 Jornada 720's for a small business.

He has 71 positives and no negatives, so I don't think he's going to try to do anything funky.

So, hopefully there won't be any problems.

Thanks for all the input. :)