EA announces the first SimCity Society expansion

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Text

I don't know whats more depressing, the fact that they are making an expansion or the fact that Societies sold well enough to justify an expansion.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Its dead Jim.

Please stop EA , your ruining memories of what was a good series.
But then , thats what you do.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Text

I don't know whats more depressing, the fact that they are making an expansion or the fact that Societies sold well enough to justify an expansion.

Are you seriously?? It sold well?? Ugh i hate EA!!

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
I liked Simcity 4.

The expansion is obvious, it is part of EA's business model.
1) Announce game, hype it up.
2) Release game, but with lots of bugs.
3) Patch 1-3 times depending on how bad it is.
4) Release expansion with things they should of had from the start.
5) Cut off development.
6) Begin development on new project.
7) Profit?!!?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I don't think there's been a decent city builder game since SimCity 4. Caesar IV had its upsides, but it was an extreme system hog and had a tendency to be boring.

teambarnes

Nov 19, 2007
My wife was so excited to get this for me for X-mas, and I had to choke down a few hours of gameplay before I could quietly set it aside. SOmething about the whole BP issue soured me on the whole thing from before it was even released, and the reviews pretty much raked it over the coals. I hope to pick it up eventually and make a real go at it, but I havent heard much of anything positive.

Now she feels guilty for getting it for me (50 bucks!) and I feel guilty for not enjoying it, in short this game destroys marraiges, but not in the way games normally do, lol!