Dying Light is marked down yet again.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
66 percent.

5 years later its still one of the best looking games around thanks to patches that improved some of the lighting effects.
Action is solid and theres a decent story.
My only real complaint is the final boss is just a long series of quicktime events and nothing in the entire game prepares you for that. I hate it.

Reactions: OCNewbie

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
66 percent.

5 years later its still one of the best looking games around thanks to patches that improved some of the lighting effects.
Action is solid and theres a decent story.
My only real complaint is the final boss is just a long series of quicktime events and nothing in the entire game prepares you for that. I hate it.

That's not the final boss. You really need to get the DLC if you haven't played it, it gives a proper and satisfying ending to the game. Also anyone who buys this game should absolutely spend the extra $4.40 for the Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition of the game to get that extra story content, including the ending. It's a pretty cool DLC. Too bad Hellraid isn't part of that edition though.

Easily my most underrated game of this generation. It starts off slow but that ultraviolence gets to be so much fun once you have leveled up after maybe 2-3 hours of gameplay and now you're able to use sickles and swords and cut zombies' heads off.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Did you buy the expansion HellRaid yet? It's on sale for $10 on Steam.

TBH, I was expecting a much better product. I was disappointed, and the reviews on Steam share my opinion. But, for $10 you can't really go wrong.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
HellRaid came across as an 'Oh, ppl like Hell stuff right now and that's pretty metal right?" type of thing.

Honestly haven't played the game since forever but I do enjoy it. I think I ventured into the Following DLC and eventually stopped playing; not because it was garbage (because it certainly wasn't) but I didn't have time to explore that huge additional area.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
The community events they have keep the game interesting. I came back a few months ago after a few year hiatus and got my ass handed to me because I didn't know they were doing a Viral community event (every zombie was a viral). It's still incredibly fun to just run around and kick zombies into spiked fences. I just wish they would have figured out how to fix the item scaling issues. Other than that and a few minor gripes (like shotguns being completely worthless unless you're 3mm from the enemy), it's an incredibly fun game that's difficult to put down.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!
Check the dates, Noobs!

Dying Light has a free weekend on Steam. Sorry, I just noticed it now. If you got in right away and played seriously you could beat it during the free period.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016

Not the other ending. The other ending is quick and painless.

I love this game. Just fantastic fun with a friend to run it with. I look forward to DL2.