News Dow bouncing around -1000

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
lol dudes around here trying to say what the bottom was. The bottom is 0. Thats the bottom. will we hit it? no.

where is that dude that was buying in during the first week of slides?

I'm still holding out. I originally had considered buying in at 18k. But that might be more like 14k or lower come August.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Senate to vote on the house bill today, passage expected.

They're still working on cobbling together the larger stimulus bill.
I love how whenever the market goes up like yesterday they stall and waffle and then when it drops they get in gear. Oh markets are going up? No need to help anyone else. Oh markets still collapsing because all the peons are still fucked? Let's START talking about how to help them until the market rebounds. Oop, market is back up, we don't need to give peons money. Oop, back down okay maybe we need to follow through.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Someone explain to me why gold has been dropping given the volatility with all other assets? Where are people parking their money??

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Someone explain to me why gold has been dropping given the volatility with all other assets? Where are people parking their money??
In cash. Gold is dropping as investors have to liquidate to cover calls etc.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
You won't. This is uncharted territory. No one has any idea what to look for to mean we are turning a corner. We are just sitting here throwing shit at the wall at this point.

This. Who f'ing knows what's going to happen at this point.

I don't think this is civilization ending by any means. There econ will take a punch this Q, but everyone will be racing back to work to restock shelves once panic subsides and this matures.
We can't stay on lock down forever.

Not saying it's going back to business as usual, but this isn't 2008 either.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I think the reality here is actually *MUCH* worse than 2008.
We have entire swaths of Americans either out of work or underemployed because of this. I think the next 3-6 months are going to be some of the roughest we've had in a long, long time.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I got in but I only did half of what I was planning because, as I suspected, the bottom still has a way to go and trump really seems to be keen on fucking this up even more.