News Dow bouncing around -1000

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It appears Trump has decided to spend part of the morning bashing House dems on twitter, the people he'll need to negotiate with on any stimulus assuming he can get his own party in line (not a given).

President Deals is just so terrifically bad at making them

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It appears Trump has decided to spend part of the morning bashing House dems on twitter, the people he'll need to negotiate with on any stimulus assuming he can get his own party in line (not a given).

Well, the DOW is cratering again, so that makes two things reliable.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Writing headlines for market sites has to be a sucky job. You know that every headline you write will be wrong by the time it gets posted on the site. "Market Surges by 600 500 300 100 -100 Points in Rebound to Yesterday's Drop!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
And now things are negative. Didn't take too long.

I’m sure people will still accuse me of rooting for a recession, regardless of my optimism this morning or the fact I just moved $1000 from savings into the market. The perils of being a Democrat.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002

He's going to blame the Democrats if the market keeps dropping and they don't pass the stimulus or takes too long. He's going to take credit if they pass the stimulus and the market goes up. In his small mind, he wins either way and Democrats and the Fed takes the blame for any failure. All he cares about is himself and his reelection.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Gawd. It's not personal preference. It's a policy decision affecting the welfare of millions of working families who aren't market players at all.

I don't see Bernie or Biden running on a policy platform of "let's keep the stock market from going up too high."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't see Bernie or Biden running on a policy platform of "let's keep the stock market from going up too high."

So dishonest. They both favor meaningful regulation that limits speculation. The GOP favors the boom/bust cycles inherent to free market Capitalism.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
They killed oil yesterday. You can't kill something that's already dead. You can hate Trump but that's just dumb news.

They’re trying to burn down US shale operators and it will probably work. Trump’s vaunted relationships are powerless to stop things like this from happening.

Dec 10, 2005
I’m sure people will still accuse me of rooting for a recession, regardless of my optimism this morning or the fact I just moved $1000 from savings into the market. The perils of being a Democrat.
This past week and a half, I've been funneling a little more into my Roth. Normally, I spread it out over the year, but it seems like now is a good time to get a small discount.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So dishonest. They both favor meaningful regulation that limits speculation. The GOP favors the boom/bust cycles inherent to free market Capitalism.

you can't predictably steal middle class wealth without boom/bust cycles.