Don't you hate it when you're watching a movie with your parents and...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Went to see American Beauty with my girlfriend and her very religious parents when we were younger (married now). Not having read reviews, we had no idea what we were in for...

Opening F A P scene had me dying. We all just sort of left the theater quietly at the end.

Needless to say, never been back to the movie theater with her family in tow..

EDIT: WTF?!? You have censored words in your post? F A P F A P F A P

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
no because my dad is usially the one in charge of the TV remote when we are home watching TV and HE always finds that stuff on TV,

that and we are all adults

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
pretty damn awkward. when we used to watch movies together (rented, not any more), whenever i saw something like that coming up i'd pretend to go to the bathroom or get a drink something

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Sex Smurf
You talking about your parents or the movie?

I'll admit it, you actually made me laugh out loud with that one...

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
When I was in middle school (can't remember what age) I'd gone to visit my grandparents for a week durring the summer. We're taking a little trip in the car somewhere and they were listening to a Dean Koontz audiobook. About 10 minutes in... explicitly described sex scene. Yeah... awkward ++

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Sex Smurf
You talking about your parents or the movie?

lol nice.

I usta feel a lot more uncomfortable but im pretty use to it now so its not really a big deal.

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Parents feel very uncomfortable watching movies with sex scenes in it. They say it corrupts the mind. Little do they know my mind is beyond repair or censorship.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: her209
... right in the middle, there is a long explicit sex scene?

Next time this happens remember that your mom had to had sex at least once.

Edit:

Maybe she was artificially inseminated...

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
bahahahah i called in my friends to read this thread. gosh i started coughing because i couldnt breathe.

absofrigginlutely hilarious.

Reactions: shortylickens