Don't expect the search for WMD anytime soon

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Mark
Originally posted by: abu
About the WMD's,

If US has claimed Iraq has WMD's, and they are sure of it (from intelligence and such),
then why is it that they did not forward such critical intelligence to the UN inspectors?

why hasnt anyone answered this question yet?

Before the war, the standard response was "because we cannot reveal our sources". I haven't heard anyone answer this question since the war "ended" may 1st.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
1. According to the US military, the resistance is concentrated in a small part of the country (there was a thread about this here). So what are the soldiers in the other, much larger, secured part of the country doing?

2. Oil wells were secured as soon as they were captured, yet there apperantly aren't enough soldiers to secure the WMD sites. Hmm....

3. So let me get this straight. Out of 150 000+ troops, the military can't spare a small team (several dozen) for a several day mission to uncover a single WMD site to assuage the critics?

4. So with all the senior officials and scienctists captured, not a single one has revealed anything other than parts for a centrifuge burried in 1991?

Also, I would like to hear the updated canned responses to the following statements, which were very popular among war supporters before the war.

"What can the UN do with 700 inspectors? We can send 150 000+ armed inspectors there!"

"Iraqi scientists can't tell the UN anything because they are scared of Saddam"

"Iraqis move their weapons around all the time, the inspectors cannot possibly locate them!"

Thanks