Donald Trump 2020

Page 73 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I dunno, but now Biden has lost a full 1% of his lead compared to his previous high a day ago.
Did you actually read what you typed in... I mean really dude... I dunno.... BUT.... But what? but as you say you don't fucking know... geeze dude

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Of course who responds to these polls in the first place. I don't answer calls from numbers/names I don't recognize. The list of blocked numbers is growing every day recently.
All the dead people requesting mail in ballots

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Did you actually read what you typed in... I mean really dude... I dunno.... BUT.... But what? but as you say you don't fucking know... geeze dude

Woah, calm down man. My response was written within the context of your post that I quoted. I assumed that was evident, but I will rewrite my response independent of context.

I don't know who responds to these polls, but fivethirtyeight is showing a substantial dip in Biden's lead over the past day or so.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I wish all these artists would sue Trump for this BS. He may not be held accountable while being President, but these could be added to the list of lawsuits he faces after being voted out of office.
They might not be able to hold the President accountable (that is actually debatable), but his campaign has no such protection. It is not the President personally playing that music, but The Campaign for the Reelection of President Trump which is a separate legal entity and can be sued.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Hillary called it back in 2016.

Now just imagine if you can, Donald Trump sitting in the Oval Office the next time America faces a crisis. Imagine him being in charge when your jobs and savings are at stake. Is this who you want to lead us in an emergency? Someone thin-skinned and quick to anger, who’d likely be on Twitter attacking reporters or bringing the whole regulatory system down on his critics, when he should be focused on fixing what’s wrong?

Would he even know what to do?
Hillary Clinton Shares Chilling Warning From 4 Years Ago: 'Speech For Everything'

The entire speech starts on page 215. It's a good read and makes other "predictions".

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
GOP internal partisan polling shows Trump doing badly.

I looked at more than a dozen of these partisan polls released to the public from House and Senate races since the major party conventions in August. These partisan polls are notoriously unreliable, and none of them meet CNN standards for reporting.

The reason is simple: Partisans don't want to release polls that are bad for their side. That means the polls sponsored by a party, candidate or partisan organization tend to be biased in favor of the side releasing the poll.
That's why it was amazing to find that on average, Trump was doing 5 points worse than he did in 2016 in the states and districts in released Republican and conservative polls.

If Trump actually did 5 points worse than he did in 2016 in the swing states, it would mean he'd lose Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Those states, plus the ones Hillary Clinton won in 2016, would be more than enough for Biden to get over 270 electoral votes.

But remember: These are only the polls conservatives and Republicans were willing to put into the public sphere. There's good reason to believe it's worse for Trump in the numbers they're not releasing.

Ouch.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He can still do a lot of damage between now and January...It is so hard to sort out the dumpster fires when they’re all burning at the same time. And still being set on fire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3783f0-1481-11eb-bc10-40b25382f1be_story.html

Critics said the latest effort, while not affecting a majority of the government, would upend the foundation of the career workforce by imposing political loyalty tests.

“I am calling this a declaration of war on the civil service,” said Richard Loeb, senior policy counsel for the American Federation of Government Employees, the largest union representing federal workers.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Thoughts on this?

They keep touting their "ground game." Will this be the difference in the swing states? Feels like a blind spot for the Democrats - will this be like 2016's version of "Hilary should have campaigned in _____ more." ??

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Thoughts on this?

They keep touting their "ground game." Will this be the difference in the swing states? Feels like a blind spot for the Democrats - will this be like 2016's version of "Hilary should have campaigned in _____ more." ??

The campaign has lied extensively about it's "ground game" previously so any claims should be taken with a considerable amount of salt.

A reporter went looking for the ground game in August in PA and found little that resembled the claims being made.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/donald-trump-reelection-campaign-2020.html

This was Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I was looking for the ground game. Have you heard about it? The campaign says it’s the greatest ground game to ever exist, that while you don’t see enthusiasm for the president reflected in the rigged polls, you do see it when you talk to his real supporters where they live in Real America. In fact, they talk about surveys of enthusiasm not just as though they are more reliable than real polls but as though they arethe polls — as though the traditional kind simply don’t exist, or matter. I drove across the country last month, and I saw only two signs for Joe Biden the entire way. Is this meaningful? The Trump campaign is hoping that it is. In Pennsylvania, they’re making calls and knocking on doors — a million a week — powered by more than 1.4 million volunteers. Pennsylvania is uniquely important. Rural voters won the state for Trump by less than one percentage point in the last election. This time, Trump is behind Biden by a lot. To close the gap, the campaign says it’s hosting dozens of events here — more than in any other state. But good luck finding them.

t was 7 p.m. on July 23, and Team Trump had scheduled a training session for campaign volunteers in the area. Before I arrived, I had worried about my exposure to the virus. I imagined a scene that was part local political-party headquarters and part anti-quarantine protest. I imagined a lot of Trump supporters, maskless and seated close together, breathing heavily on a reporter leaning in to record their comments. But the office was quiet. I walked through the arch of books by right-wing personalities (Bill O’Reilly, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh) and past the portraits (George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan) and maps of Pennsylvania voting precincts. I didn’t see anyone there.

In a blue room in the back, beneath an American flag with the words MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN printed in block letters inside the white stripes, a woman sat alone at the end of a conference table. She wasn’t participating in the volunteer training. She was the volunteer training. There just weren’t any volunteers.

A few days later, on July 30, the campaign scheduled two voter-contact training sessions at Convive Coffee Roastery on Providence Boulevard in Pittsburgh. The evening session was supposed to start at 7 p.m., but when I arrived, early, at 5:30, the shop had already been closed for half an hour. A girl cleaning up inside came out to talk to me (even when it’s open, like many such establishments, the pandemic rules are takeout only). She said she had no idea that any campaign had scheduled any kind of meeting at the place where she worked for two hours after closing time. But she hadn’t worked the morning shift that day, when the first event was scheduled, so she texted a co-worker who had. He told her a few people came into the shop and asked about a Trump-campaign meetup but that he didn’t know what they were talking about and couldn’t help them. “I don’t know if they figured it out or not,” she said.

I hung around for another hour waiting until eight to see if anyone showed. Nobody did.

A ten-minute drive away, at the second-floor county Republican committee office, some staffers — two young women and two youngish men — sat peering at their laptops, an enormous portrait of a scowling Trump behind them.

“What event?,” Kevin Tatulyan, an Allegheny County Republican official, asked as he waved me into the room.

“What event?,” Dallas McClintock, the regional Trump-Pence field director, asked.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
still doesn't know who he's running against.

tenor.gif

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Status
Not open for further replies.