Donald Trump 2020

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Like the Atlanta mayor said, he can’t give an unifying speech. But he can read one

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
In the next debates someone is bound to do a Ronald Reagan on Trump: "Are You Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago"?
Maybe tweak it a bit "Is America greater than it was 4 years ago?"

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You know we are in the Twilight Zone when this guy is lecturing the orange menace on human rights.

Chechen leader accused of mass torture and murder offers Donald Trump human rights advice: ‘End the mayhem’

This guy is link to some bad shit.

"The Chechen leader has also been credibly linked to the abduction, torture and murder of LGBT+ people living in Chechnya in
a series of “purges“ beginning in 2017. In an interview with HBO, Mr Kadyrov attempted to brush off the allegations by
claiming “no such people” existed in Chechnya. "

Says that this never occured because there are no gay, LGBT people in Chechen.
"basing his denial on the claim that "you cannot detain and persecute people who simply do not exist in the republic "

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm thinking Biden should keep his mouth shut for the most part until 11/3. He has a sizeable polling lead right now, better than Clinton ever had. We don't need any unforced errors. Just let Trump do the talking. He's a walking unforced error.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm thinking Biden should keep his mouth shut for the most part until 11/3. He has a sizeable polling lead right now, better than Clinton ever had. We don't need any unforced errors. Just let Trump do the talking. He's a walking unforced error.

He doesn't speak unless he has something to say. He's been quite eloquent recently-

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He doesn't speak unless he has something to say. He's been quite eloquent recently-

He should stick to prepared speeches. Speaking off the cuff isn't such a good idea. Interviews are a bad idea. Let his surrogates do the interviews.

This election is Biden's to lose right now. Best we just let Trump sink himself.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah Biden not strong on ad libbing, he is prone to gaffes. Also recall he plagiarized some Brit politicians words back in the 80s which made him look like a fool. In debates he should do good though, not on his own strengths, but more off the weakness of Trump. Problem is that Trump, although he often spews outright bullshit, he does it with conviction that his dumb followers swallow it up.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
EaAzj-AXgAQnUrW

So, I guess an important question here, in light of what happened in 2016, are CNN and others using a politically skewed sample or not.
Of course, other than that point, Trump got exactly what he paid for.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
EaAzj-AXgAQnUrW

So, I guess an important question here, in light of what happened in 2016, are CNN and others using a politically skewed sample or not.
Of course, other than that point, Trump got exactly what he paid for.

It’s hilarious because internal Trump pollsters and GOP pollsters have highly negative polling data and have been throwing up red flags for over a month now.

Internal GOP polling shows Trump in the margin of error in Georgia and Texas.
If their own polling of red states shows extremely close races they have more problems than “skewed” media polls. Honestly it’s just another distraction and more of his “fake news” bullshit.

There is a reason why there is a sense of panic amongst campaigns for incumbent GOP congressmen in not just swing districts. It has nothing to do with media polls but their own internal polling data...

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Skewed? But shouldn’t it be randomized when they make a call? Not like they know it’s a Republican or Democrat going to answer. Sure the final breakdown has to be taken into account, but it’s not like they on purposely only polled never Trumpers.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
It’s hilarious because internal Trump pollsters and GOP pollsters have highly negative polling data and have been throwing up red flags for over a month now.

If their own polling of red states shows extremely close races they have more problems than “skewed” media polls. Honestly it’s just another distraction and more of his “fake news” bullshit.

There is a reason why there is a sense of panic amongst campaigns for incumbent GOP congressmen in not just swing districts. It has nothing to do with media polls but their own internal polling data...

When GOP reps/senators start bailing on Trump, I'll believe that they are scared of losing seats (which, BTW, is what I hope happens).

Skewed? But shouldn’t it be randomized when they make a call? Not like they know it’s a Republican or Democrat going to answer. Sure the final breakdown has to be taken into account, but it’s not like they on purposely only polled never Trumpers.

Yeah, but 'randomized' sampling can still produced biased cohorts. If the party affiliation was heavily biased, the polling should have been extended, rather than being published.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
When GOP reps/senators start bailing on Trump, I'll believe that they are scared of losing seats (which, BTW, is what I hope happens).

Yeah, but 'randomized' sampling can still produced biased cohorts. If the party affiliation was heavily biased, the polling should have been extended, rather than being published.
Quinnipiac has a recent poll with trump and biden neck and neck in Texas.

Jan 25, 2011

What I find hilarious is that McLaughlin is the same firm that predicted two weeks before the election that Eric Cantor had a 34 point lead. We all remember how that went right?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I don't even see how that's possible but in America, you can sue anything.
They called the poll, "to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President "

Donald Trump’s Campaign Fires Off Cease-And-Desist Letter To CNN Over Poll That Shows Joe Biden With Wide Lead

So if the orange menace bunker-boy doesn't like how a poll looks, he can sue that pollster to have him remove it publicly?
I guess the next step would be the Lincoln Project and the RVAT ads. He could just claim that the ads:
"stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President". Because that's exactly what they are intended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.