Donald Trump 2020

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simpletron

Oct 31, 2008
The left one with the biohazard symbol is titled Pandemic Crisis Action Plan Version 2.0 (January 2018). My google skills hasn't been able to find this one. But the right one with black white image is titled Crimson Contagion 2019 Functional Exercise After-Action Report January 2020. Here is a link to the October 2019 draft report: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...after/05bd797500ea55be0724/optimized/full.pdf

The Crimson Contagion AAR is not a plan for a pandemic. It is a report of the results on a multi-agency(federal, state, and local) exercise to respond to a simulated new influenza originating out of china. The report is more a criticism of the implementation of the two actual pandemic plans used for the exercise - Biological Incident Annex to the Response and Recovery Federal Interagency Operational Plans (January 2017) and the Pandemic Crisis Action Plan Version 2.0 (January 2018) (the other binder).

5. Resources
• The current medical countermeasure supply chain and production capacity cannot meet the demands imposed by nations during a global influenza pandemic.
• Exercise participants were not clear on the applicability or use of Title I, Defense Priorities and Allocations Authority, of the Defense Production Act to mitigate medical countermeasure and ancillary supply shortages during an influenza pandemic response.
• Application of resource scarcity mitigation measures were not clearly communicated.
• States experienced multiple challenges requesting resources from the federal government due to a lack of standardized, well-understood, and properly executed resource request processes.
• Some states were not clear on pre-pandemic vaccine or the Strategic National Stockpile asset distribution in response to an influenza pandemic.
• States questioned federal resource allocation decisions in response to an influenza pandemic.
How many of the above came true? I think all of them except the pre-pandemic vaccine one and that is just one section of the key finding in the Crimson Contagion AAR.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
That ought'a light a 9 alarm inferno under Trump's morbidly obese cellulose puckered ass cheeks. I wonder if he has the nerve to retaliate as it would keep Pelosi's humiliating slap to his ego in circulation.

Must be strange for him to get back handed by a woman of stature who just ain't afraid of him.

I can't help but think that Pelosi is playing 4D chess. She's not just scoring political points by pointing out Trump's stupidity, she's betting that he'll keep taking HCQ (if he isn't lying, that is) out of spite, if not increase the dose.

On that note: if Trump falls sick due to HCQ, anyone want to place odds on the administration desperately trying to keep the cause a secret (much as it likely would if Trump contracted COVID-19)? Anything to avoid admitting that Trump is genuinely stupid.

Reactions: tweaker2

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
SO....Tiger King's lawyers are in town to lobby Trump for a pardon on old Joe Exotic.

Honestly, I get the feeling that his case is one of entrapment, and it isn't without merit (I don't know the details, but it does feel like that to me).

But here's the good part--they are staying at Trump's hotel. ....and they are trying to lobby Trump for a favor. I mean, this is very public. Do you think Trump is smart enough to understand this very real problem--that he can't be controlled by his lawyers to the point to deny the request? I think Trump will be caught in the fame and what he thinks will be the support from the single-circle Venn diagram of people that are Joe Exotic enthusiasts and Trump fans. I think Trump will pardon him, and this will be a direct, irrefutable, extremely public example of Trump violating emuluments.

....do you think Joe Exotic's lawyers know this, and it's really just an elaborate sting to set up Trump? lol.

apparently, the sentient Cleveland Steamer that is our president, already suggested that he'd consider pardoning Joe Exotic.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is about Jr menace, but he's been attacking everyone like the old man, so he's free game.
Howard Stern Taunts 'Genius' Donald Trump Jr. With Sarcastic Over-The-Top Praise

From Stern
"I can’t argue with him, that kid is such a success,” Stern said, according to the New York Daily News.
“He is such a wit, he is such a genius. He would have made a fortune if he wasn’t under his father’s thumb.
Game over. You can’t argue with a genius like that.”

He added:“The way this kid has risen in the business world and just taken it by storm ... to be criticized by him is
damaging. I would list all of Junior’s accomplishments right now, but I only have a three-hour show.”

"Stern also taunted Trump Jr.’s hunting exploits, which have included pictures of him posing with a knife and an elephant’s tail.
“You can’t argue with that kind of bravery,” Stern mocked. “Even the guys in Afghanistan right now are going, ‘Jesus Christ, what a kid.’”

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Price started high and just kept going higher.
Trump administration paid huge premium for ineffective mask-cleaning machines

"The White House coronavirus task force would buy a defense company’s new cleaning machines to allow critical
protective masks to be reused up to 20 times. And at $60 million for 60 machines on April 3, the price was right. "

"But over just a few days, the potential cost to taxpayers exploded to $413 million, according to notes of a coronavirus
task force meeting obtained by NBC News. By May 1, the Pentagon pegged the ceiling at $600 million in a justification
for awarding the deal without an open bidding process or an actual contract. "

And they don't work as they had touted at 20 cycles per mask.
It looks like they may do four cycles, but the people using this recycled PPE don't feel
good about its safety.

"
There’s still a shortage of PPE, she said, which means that health care workers have little choice but to use masks sanitized by the
Battelle machines even though “they really believe that N95s should be used once and that’s it.”

It’s “not ideal” she said of the sanitization. “Is it better than nothing? Yes.”

"

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Started high and just kept going higher.
Trump administration paid huge premium for ineffective mask-cleaning machines

"The White House coronavirus task force would buy a defense company’s new cleaning machines to allow critical
protective masks to be reused up to 20 times. And at $60 million for 60 machines on April 3, the price was right. "

"But over just a few days, the potential cost to taxpayers exploded to $413 million, according to notes of a coronavirus
task force meeting obtained by NBC News. By May 1, the Pentagon pegged the ceiling at $600 million in a justification
for awarding the deal without an open bidding process or an actual contract. "

And they don't work as they had touted at 20 cycles per mask.
It looks like they may do four cycles, but the people using this recycled PPE don't feel safe about it.

There’s still a shortage of PPE, she said, which means that health care workers have little choice but to use masks sanitized
by the Battelle machines even though “they really believe that N95s should be used once and that’s it.”

It’s “not ideal” she said of the sanitization. “Is it better than nothing? Yes.”

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Pelosi IS GREAT at bring Trump down to the level of obvious idiot.
My Trumpie family CAN'T STAND IT, so they can only attack the "physical appearance" of Nancy Pelosi AS IF Donald Trump was some beauty to behold. My Trumpie family is now fixated on attacking Nancy Pelosi's eyebrows. They don't like them. :rolleyes: THAT's all they have, to attack her looks.

But what I really wanted to post about in this TRUMP 2020 thread was the poll numbers for Trump vs Biden.
Typically, the challenger has a poll number boost in the beginning vs the poll numbers of the acting president. But as time goes by, the numbers of the acting president rise and the numbers of the challenger flatten. And come election day its anyones guess.
However THIS TIME I don't think so....
This time, I believe Joe Biden will maintain his lead over Trump all the way through, which is not typical in presidential elections. Joe Biden will enjoy a steady rise in his numbers while the numbers for Donald Trump will stagnate and stutter right up to the finish line.

Donald Trump's ""base"" has lost its mojo. They have no reason to be excited nor energetic over Donald Trump as they were back in 2015-2016. Donald Trump has become boring, his base are becoming bored. The only reason that Trump base exists today is to defend the nonsense of Donald Trump. Other than walking around like Trump zombies, they have no reason to exist. Trump has nothing to offer his base, and his base have no reason to remain loyal. And so, his base only can knee-jerk react to the day in day out Donald Trump insanity. For Donald Trump, it's all been lost. His celebrity status has expired, his wealth no longer carries any weight, his ability to excite and unite has all but fizzled away.
Donald Trump's base are not leaders or followers, they are lost souls. They have no banner to carry nor message to promote. They have nothing, just like their leader Donald Trump.

There really is nothing that his base can do to rally those swing voters as they did back in 2016. And Donald Trump himself has nothing new to offer nor nothing to show for his past four years. Donald Trump is in the process of fizzling into not mattering at all. Fizzling into a non player. Fizzling into the loser he has become. Donald Trump labels his opponents as losers, but Donald Trump has become the real loser and everyone knows it including his base. Joe Biden should have no problem defeating Donald Trump and becoming the next president. And no one knows this better than Donald Trump himself. All that Trump can do and will try to do is toss wrenches into the process, trying to derail the system of free elections. Trump will attack the process, and attack every function of that process from mail-in voting to making claims of potential mass voting fraud. THIS, only to set the stage for Donald Trump to cry fowl and challenge the process after Joe Biden wins.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Trump says Fox News isn't doing enough to help Republicans — himself included — win reelection

The orange menace is complaining that the "enemy of the people" (The press right? and fox is the press) isn't doing enough for him.
I can't imagine the world we're in where the president gets to inset himself in the management of American companies, on a daily basis.
Telling them what to do and what not to do.
"President Trump complained Thursday that his onetime favorite network, Fox News, isn’t doing enough to help him and other Republicans get reelected."

Remember to register to vote.
Vote Nov 3rd, because our lives depend on it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FaaR and TeeJay1952

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, he's right to complain.
I mean, they're the people who won him the 2016 election.
Lord knows he didnt do any work.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
People Think Donald Trump Went Full Michael Scott With His Latest Coronavirus Comments

Now I don't know Michael Scott but I did see him on the news with this word salad of his.
"“I tested very positively in another sense,” said Trump. “So this morning, I tested positively toward negative,
right? So, no, I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that’s a way of saying it,
positively toward the negative.” "

Seriously, fatty. WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: snoopy7548

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
People Think Donald Trump Went Full Michael Scott With His Latest Coronavirus Comments

Now I don't know Michael Scott but I did see him on the news with this word salad of his.
"“I tested very positively in another sense,” said Trump. “So this morning, I tested positively toward negative,
right? So, no, I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that’s a way of saying it,

Seriously, fatty. WTF?

It only makes sense if you realize he's trying to find a way to claim he "won" the test.

I don't think he's ever made a coherent statement involving testing.

To him, Tests are those things he paid nerds to take for him in college.

Reactions: FaaR

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It only makes sense if you realize he's trying to find a way to claim he "won" the test.

I don't think he's ever made a coherent statement involving testing.

To him, Tests are those things he paid nerds to take for him in college.

I think he's still trying to defend how "correct" he was back in 2016 when claiming that his medical report was the best ever, because everything was positive. Dude literally can't put his brain to any sort of activity other than gaslighting everyone around him into thinking how brilliant and correct he always thinks he is.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

Seriously, fatty. WTF?

I mean, it's either negative or it's positive. You can't be "towards negative", otherwise you would be positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.