• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Donald Trump 2020

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
12,749
7,709
136
If you think the polls are accurate, then if Trump wins, it will be the USPS and USSC that seals the deal.
If the polls are truly accurate, those factors will be nowhere close to changing the outcome. It's only if the polls are reasonably wide of the mark that they might.
 
  • Like
Reactions: uclaLabrat

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
5,691
3,912
136
Nate Silver says there's a 10% chance Trump wins (based on current forecast), a 60% chance that Biden wins handily with no realistic chance of a challenge, and a 30% chance Biden wins but it's close enough for Trump to at least make serious trouble. Though he says there's only a 5% chance of SCOTUS deciding the election, and he thinks they'd only decide for Trump in a legitimately close scenario.


I wish I was that optimistic.
There is no margin that Biden can win by and Trump not fight like an insane man, for the simple reason he is insane.

He will call for violence in the cities, and member of his cult will do his bidding. I hope every governor will have their national guard, state police, etc. prepared for violence we haven't seen since the late 60's.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zinfamous

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
12,749
7,709
136
There is no margin that Biden can win by and Trump not fight like an insane man, for the simple reason he is insane.

He will call for violence in the cities, and member of his cult will do his bidding. I hope every governor will have their national guard, state police, etc. prepared for violence we haven't seen since the late 60's.
Yeah, he'll say it was rigged no matter the margin. And it may well cause violence. That all is very concerning. But Trump won't be able to actually stay in office if he loses badly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: uclaLabrat

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
4,485
766
126
There is no margin that Biden can win by and Trump not fight like an insane man, for the simple reason he is insane.

He will call for violence in the cities, and member of his cult will do his bidding. I hope every governor will have their national guard, state police, etc. prepared for violence we haven't seen since the late 60's.
Agree, but there is a margin by which biden can win and trump will fight like an insane man, only to be proven as the fool we know he is. My thoughts are that margin is any swing state +2.
 

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
5,691
3,912
136
Yeah, he'll say it was rigged no matter the margin. And it may well cause violence. That all is very concerning. But Trump won't be able to actually stay in office if he loses badly.
If Trump accepts the results and concedes, it may will cause violence.

But his mental illness won't allow that, nor will he refrain from calling for violence. Comments like he has already made to the proud boys of "stand back and stand by" clearly show that.

Never forget that he is insane, and that he is the leader of a cult.
 

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
12,749
7,709
136
If Trump accepts the results and concedes, it may will cause violence.

But his mental illness won't allow that, nor will he refrain from calling for violence. Comments like he has already made to the proud boys of "stand back and stand by" clearly show that.

Never forget that he is insane, and that he is the leader of a cult.
Yeah, I kind said the same thing in the post you replied to. I am talking about the outcome the election here, not Trump's behavior. So far as Trump's behavior, it will be vile beyond belief no matter what.
 

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
9,267
690
126
Trump isn’t going to concede. Reports are they are planning rallies after Election Day to whip up a frenzy about election results.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MtnMan

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
15,698
5,678
136
ff to ~

Nate Silver says there's a 10% chance Trump wins (based on current forecast), a 60% chance that Biden wins handily with no realistic chance of a challenge, and a 30% chance Biden wins but it's close enough for Trump to at least make serious trouble. Though he says there's only a 5% chance of SCOTUS deciding the election, and he thinks they'd only decide for Trump in a legitimately close scenario.


I wish I was that optimistic.
10%..... thats a number alright!
 

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
5,107
4,681
136
You cannot make this shit up.

Leaked Trump Admin Document Describes Billie Eilish as 'Destroying Our Country and Everything We Care About'

Speaking of "leaked"... Does Trump have chronic uncontrollable fecal incontinence because of the drugs he’s addicted to, and the greasy junk food he eats?

tkhoovc5suv51.jpg

Trump clearly has fecal incontinence. It’s just is at the opposite end of the digestive tract than is usual.
 

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
5,107
4,681
136
Lol ... An Arab-American comedian used Cameo to get Tomi Lahren, Corey Lewandowski, Joe Arpaio, and Sebastian Gorka all to record videos thanking Iblis (I.e. the Arabic name for Satan) for supporting Trump.

Abedi said that he had paid Lewandowski and Lahren both $80 to record the message, and Arpaio $30. Gorka’s fee had been $45, but since Gorka ended up recording the message after the deadline, Abedi ended up paying nothing.

“They’re grifters who are stunningly ignorant and have no curiosity,” Abed said. “I left clues for them. I told them that Iblis was Arab American. If they had a sense of the world beyond MAGA, they’d research what Iblis means in an Arab context. I guess they’re true adherents to capitalism, placing money ahead of their own dignity.”
 

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
16,184
3,816
136
Was watching MSNBC while Trump was rallying somewhere...they check in on his speech for 15 SECONDS...the host fact-checked three lies !!! In 15 seconds.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: zzyzxroad

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
16,184
3,816
136
I wonder if anyone has taken pencil to paper on how much these 4-5 rallies/day is costing the taxpayers? It's got to be a ridiculous amount.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Motostu

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
16,184
3,816
136
ahead? he's going to declare victory unless joe gets to 400. and even then, he'll probably declare victory

Here's one scenario I could find plausible:
On election night Trump is ahead because of Repubs showing up at voting booths in greater numbers than Dems.
Trump (wrongly) claims victory.

Days or maybe week/s later, Biden is declared the winner and Trump goes ballistic, claiming the election was rigged.
I guessed it in August.
 

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
4,679
1,032
136
Whatever he thinks it takes to get it in front of the SC.

Hypothetical, how will Americans deal with a "stolen" election? Some rioting, protesting for a month and then 4 more years?
No taxation without representation. Buy only the basic necessities and boycott any company that advertises on Twitter, Fox, Facebook and every RWNJ site. That's just a start. If they're not going to listen to the people I bet they listen to the corporations and stock market when we start choking off their money supply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY