News DOJ asks for 7 to 9 for Roger Stone

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Weren`t Roger and Donald butt buddies in the past?? That would explain a lot....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Weren`t Roger and Donald butt buddies in the past?? That would explain a lot....

They go way back. Roy Cohn introduced them to each other in 1980-

Cohn also hooked Trump up with Rupert Murdoch in the 70's.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The top brass of the DOJ is now interfering in the decisions of lower officials to lower Roger Stone's sentencing recommendation.

In case you needed to see more evidence of the massive corruption of federal law enforcement, here it is!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why not just pardon him now? Why wait? It can't hurt his election chances any more than the 16 billion other fucked up things he has done.

It's in the works, I'm sure. If Roger can remain free on appeal bond then pardon can be delayed until after the election. Win or lose, Trump can pardon anybody with impunity after that.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's in the works, I'm sure. If Roger can remain free on appeal bond then pardon can be delayed until after the election. Win or lose, Trump can pardon anybody with impunity after that.

Courts could revoke bond since he already violated court orders previously. Force Trump to pardon before election. Meanwhile there must be some state DA who has prosecuteable shit to charge stone. He can go straight from federal prison to state prison. Once in the state system Trump can't get to him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Courts could revoke bond since he already violated court orders previously. Force Trump to pardon before election. Meanwhile there must be some state DA who has prosecuteable shit to charge stone. He can go straight from federal prison to state prison. Once in the state system Trump can't get to him.

Meh. I figure the best we can hope for is to put Trump in the same embarrassing position as GWB wrt Scooter Libby.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

another prosecutor also resigned effective immediately
The problem with all these resignations to make a statement (just like the admiral who previously headed the Seals following Gallagher getting his pin back thanks to Trump) is that no message is actually received and it just creates a void to put a Trump sycophant. Trump's admin and his base DO NOT CARE. This is so banana republic.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The problem with all these resignations to make a statement (just like the admiral who previously headed the Seals following Gallagher getting his pin back thanks to Trump) is that no message is actually received and it just creates a void to put a Trump sycophant. Trump's admin and his base DO NOT CARE. This is so banana republic.

People of conscience do what they have to do.

Reactions: feralkid

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

If integrity is lying to the court the same way that happened in the FISA case.................

I did love the way they referred to federal prosecutors as Mueller's "operatives", the same word they used for Stone. The four prosecutors in question had nothing to do with the FISA warrants, but you knew that, right? But it's always a good misdirection play. Trump won't let Roger Stone do time, anyway, so they'll play him up as being persecuted by the Deep State to justify the commutation that's obviously coming.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The bit in Taj's linked Federalist hit piece about how Shea, a political appointee, was bullied by his subordinates is a really nice touch, I'll admit. How do you bully your boss, anyway? In Trumplandia, all things seem possible, huh?

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 25, 2013

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think the ethics get murkey here. An argument could be made that subversion (to some degree) may be the more conscionable choice.

There's nothing to subvert here. Their sentencing recommendation has been overruled by their superiors. Barr already assigned another prosecutor to the case. They can't stop that from happening but they can refuse to be a part of it, which they have.

I seriously doubt that judge Amy Berman Jackson is buying any of it.

Last edited:

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

If integrity is lying to the court the same way that happened in the FISA case.................
"Fox News Reported"...... You might as well go grab a tabloid off the grocery store shelf. You will get more truth. thefederalist.com is no better...