News DOJ asks for 7 to 9 for Roger Stone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If integrity is lying to the court the same way that happened in the FISA case.................
You are already a proven liar. Quote some rag saying something "may" have happened.

If my grandmother had wheels she "may" have been a wagon

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
There's nothing to subvert here. Their sentencing recommendation has been overruled by their superiors. Barr already assigned another prosecutor to the case. They can't stop that from happening but they can refuse to be a part of it, which they have.

I seriously doubt that judge Amy Berman Jackson is buying any of it.
Certainly, I just meant in a broad sense.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Once Stone is officially sentenced, the scumbag POTUS will pardon his fellow buddy criminal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Reported.

So persecuted. Your linked hit piece contains demonstrable lies, this among them-

A full investigative report released by Mueller last year revealed that the Mueller investigation found zero evidence for any of the claims of collusion between Trump and the Russians. According to a separate report on serial abuses committed by the Department of Justice (DOJ) during its investigation of Trump, the DOJ inspector general found that the government knew long before Mueller was even appointed that there was no evidence of any collusion.

The Mueller investigation found insufficient evidence for prosecution, not zero evidence. Stone's obstruction was part of that.

I strongly suspect the assertion that the prosecutors misinformed higher ups as to their sentencing recommendation, particularly when attributed to anonymous sources via Fox News. And the bit about Credico not feeling threatened has no bearing on the threats being made in the first place. It's cute, though, as is Barr interceding on his behalf because of his relationship to the President. You know that's corrupt, right?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Reported.

If Americans are concerned that President Donald Trump and Republicans are moving the US toward becoming a one-party, authoritarian state, they are running out of time to stop them, experts warned.

That is what you stand for. Just saying shit comes around and all that. Wait for it.

RamIt

Nov 12, 2001
Reported.
Reported? Grow a pair.
51xAHtPM0aL._SX342_.jpg

Edit. Don't think that because I disagree with you about EVERYTHING That I wouldn't die to protect yours or anyone's free speech.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
So persecuted. Your linked hit piece contains demonstrable lies, this among them-

The Mueller investigation found insufficient evidence for prosecution, not zero evidence. Stone's obstruction was part of that.

I strongly suspect the assertion that the prosecutors misinformed higher ups as to their sentencing recommendation, particularly when attributed to anonymous sources via Fox News. And the bit about Credico not feeling threatened has no bearing on the threats being made in the first place. It's cute, though, as is Barr interceding on his behalf because of his relationship to the President. You know that's corrupt, right?
So somehow an article i linked that you disagree with turns me into a liar? If it's actually factually wrong, it would turn the person or persons writing it into a liar. Not that I agree with your assessment.

Jul 9, 2009
Reported? Grow a pair.
51xAHtPM0aL._SX342_.jpg

Edit. Don't think that because I disagree with you about EVERYTHING That I wouldn't die to protect yours or anyone's free speech.
Sorry, but it's pretty plainly stated in the

I abide by these rules, there is absolutely nothing i can do about the people that don't have the integrity to follow them.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The bit in Taj's linked Federalist hit piece about how Shea, a political appointee, was bullied by his subordinates is a really nice touch, I'll admit. How do you bully your boss, anyway? In Trumplandia, all things seem possible, huh?
They must have threatened to use harsh language against him!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

I abide by these rules, there is absolutely nothing i can do about the people that don't have the integrity to follow them.
Reported

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

When you lie and someone calls you a liar because of your lying, that is not a personal attack.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
When you lie and someone calls you a liar because of your lying, that is not a personal attack.

Um, actually, it really is. You are attacking them personally instead of the argument they are making. Them being a liar is not a argument against what they said, but who said it.
Calling what they said a lie would be a counter to their argument, but saying that they are a liar does tell us if the specific thing they said in this instance is a lie or not.