Dog Owners...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jahee
What the hell are these strings everyone keeps talking about?

Text After a while the dogs actuall eat a few stands but can't digest them.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Dogs come with a built in ass wiping device. It's called their tongue.

I've owned our current mutt for 10 years now...never once thought of wiping her ass. That's just fucked up.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: RKS

Text After a while the dogs actuall eat a few stands but can't digest them.

I hate those things. Nothing is worse than seeing a piece of poop hanging on one of those strings in midair...

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Some dogs like to eat grass. Sometimes it doesn't come all of the way out.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Imagine a hot dog casing 3 feet long. Imagine it in tact. Imagine it hanging out of dogs butt.

That's the strings we're talking about, you have to get it out. You hold on to one end and them command the dog to "get your toy!" that you have tossed 25 feet away. Problem solved.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
My friends dog likes to eat napkins, so he ends up shitting out napkins. It's pretty morbid.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
I have hardwood floors and the dogs go in a kennel while we work. They also play outside in the evening and take shits on their own. I have never wiped their asses, and never will.

If you have an inside dog does that mean he cant go outside and play in the dirt? How sad.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Wow.

Reason #4126 that I don't own a dog. I didn't think it could get any lower than having to pick up their shit.

I was completely wrong.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Blackjack200
Wow.

Reason #4126 that I don't own a dog. I didn't think it could get any lower than having to pick up their shit.

I was completely wrong.

Wait til you have a kid.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
My mother does this for her dog and while I agree that it's a disgusting practice, after seeing the shit stained toilet paper she uses, I do not question its utility. I just don't agree with letting dogs in the house. If you don't wipe your dogs ass AND you still let it into your house you are in effect saying, "I'm okay with where ever you want to wipe your shit, dog."

I'm not sure where the disconnect happened, but I'm pretty sure that when I was growing up dogs were for outdoors and people were for indoors. No wait, I can tell exactly where it came from.. I moved out and mom got that whole "empty nest" thing going and now the dog is her replacement for me.