Dog Owners...

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
i was driving to work this morning, and saw a lady wiping her dogs butt. gross! is this a common practice? or is it just one of those people who treat their animal like a human baby.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
My dog chewed up one of the rope toys we had and ended up getting strings for a week every time he pooped. Since he comes indoors and gets on the couch I did until that was over. Probably looked the same to the neighbors

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
they can wipe their own ass in the grass if they need to. my dog would probably bite me if i tried to wipe for him, which will never happen.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
No. But if she's got the runs then I will. Better than them wiping it on the carpet when they get inside.

PaNsyBoy8

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2001
we keep our dog indoors, so we wipe her, incase she tries to wipe herself on the carpet or furnature

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I've gone one step further and trained my dog to wipe its own ass... and mine for that matter, how's that?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: randay
i was driving to work this morning, and saw a lady wiping her dogs butt. gross! is this a common practice? or is it just one of those people who treat their animal like a human baby.

Why would it be gross? Dog owners have to pick-up after their dogs when they walk them. Usually picking it up with their hand using a plastic baggy.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
We have an indoor dog. After he does his business outside, we wipe his butt, his deal, and his paws before returning inside. This course of action tends to reduce the dirt, poop, and pee he brings into the house.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

Why would it be gross? Dog owners have to pick-up after their dogs when they walk them. Usually picking it up with their hand using a plastic baggy.

how else would you describe it? is it sexy? is it funny? when you see someone picking up turds you dont think "ewwwww"?

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001

how else would you describe it? is it sexy? is it funny? when you see someone picking up turds you dont think "ewwwww"?

what? I don't even use a plastic baggy..

/high five

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

No. Part of being a pet owner. I guess you don't have pets or kids?

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006

No. Part of being a pet owner. I guess you don't have pets or kids?

thats interesting, does it become not gross? of course its part of being a pet owner, i dont see how that changes the facts. hell its part of being human, if you take a nasty shit and get poop all over your buttocks, you gotta wipe it off. its still gross.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

My neighbor does this with their indoor dog. Thought it was odd.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07
No. But if she's got the runs then I will. Better than them wiping it on the carpet when they get inside.
Exactly.

That's one thing I don't like about dog or cat ownership. Sure you can stop them if you catch them scooting around while you're at home. But you've got to go to work sometime.
As a cat or dog, the world is my toilet paper.

The other option: The dog finally decides to start chewing on his own butt awhile to get things "sanitized" properly. Keep that in mind the next time he gives you a slobbery kiss.:evil:

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
I'd rather wipe it than get dog doodie all over my floor/carpet. It's rare, but sometimes they get into things they should not.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
No. The dog takes care of his own business outside. No human intervention required....

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
My labs take care of themselves however I have seen the string theory on another dog and it does require some sort of assistance.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: brandonbull
We have an indoor dog. After he does his business outside, we wipe his butt, his deal, and his paws before returning inside. This course of action tends to reduce the dirt, poop, and pee he brings into the house.

that seems a little excessive. I'll wipe my dog's paws if they are muddy. If they are wet I make him walk around the garage before he comes in. I've never wiped his penis to reduce piss spray. He likes to clean himself anyway. While I've never wiped his ass, my wife has pulled out strings that didn't quite make it out.

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Originally posted by: brandonbull

wow, didn't know people did this

our dogs go in and out no problem