Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vi edit, Dec 2, 2004.
The chocolate that is used in cooking is bad .
Sounds like she'll be okay...good luck tonight and tomorrow man.
Agreed, I always was under the impression (not an expert here) that baker's chocolate was more pure and therefore contained more theobromide (sp) and was worse than milk choclolate which is 'watered down' (or 'cut' if you like) with sugar and other stuff.
Call your vet. Chocolate is not good for dogs.
Lucky you. I have to work 12 hours tomorrow and then again on Saturday.
Correct. From a site above:
Milk chocolate - 44 mg of theobromine/oz.
Semisweet chocolate - 150mg/oz.
Baker's chocolate - 390mg/oz.
Better hope for the best. Dogs digest things very fast, there is nothing you can do but wait it out now.
For future reference, if a dog swallows some kind of food that it shouldn't have, give them a capful of hydrogen peroxide and they'll puke it right up. Unless it's a chemical thay burns their throat, then it will burn on the way up, too.
She'll be fine, even if it was real chocolate. Those Andes mints are like 99% wax anyways.
My dog loves chocolate and chocolate flavored candy. She eats it all the time, but only milk chocolate or tootsie rolls. Granted, she is a little loopy in the head, but she was like that before she ever had cocolate.
Hope your doggie is ok.
Well? What's the latest poop?
how's the dog? when i saw it was 65lbs, i figured you'd have nothing to worry about.
Hopefully it's okay!
Chocolate + Dog = really bad. Hope your dog comes out ok!
except for the soon to be glittering backyard. WHen our dog got into the hershey's kisses -- you could spot it pretty easily int he backyard. Foil doesnt digest too well, if you know what i mean.
Haha, that first pic says it all "Woops!"
Hope he's ok though!
Milk chocolate has a lot less theobromine in it that dark chocolates....the dog will probably be fine. My dogs are about 1/3 that size and ate a whole Whitman's Sampler box as puppies.
Not for my dog I had...he ate all my wifes choclate chip coockies she baked while we were on a walk...
i hope he's ok too!
it takes a lot of chocolate to kill a dog (of course depends on the size of the dog). i would be a bit more worried about the dog consuming andes mints since im pretty sure those use dark chocolate as opposed to milk chocolate.
im sure he'll be fine, but it doesn't hurt to wish him luck again through this!
and keep us updated...
Chocolate isn't the only thing you need to be careful with around dogs. Some other foods that are dangerous/deadly are grapes & raisins (a few grapes can be fatal with some dogs, causes kidney failure), macadamia nuts, onions and garlic. Call your vet if your dog eats any of these things.
Theobromine causes a histamine reaction - an allergy, so to speak - not a poisoning.
Some dogs are immune to the allergic effects of theobromine - such as a ten-pound Lhasa Apso that ate a nine-inch black forest cake - others are extremely sensitive. I do not suggest you feed your dog chocolate to find out which end of the spectrum s/he is on.
Edit - Anyhow, yes, your dog will be fine, but he's going to have to sh!t. A lot. And it's not going to be fun to clean up.
Nothing solid to report.
We've been outside half the morning for one reason or another.
you have the exact same dog as me
jeeze I never heard of all of that stuff. Im not sure, but with all the table scraps or garbage cans my dog got into over the years, hes had to have eaten almost everything on that list. And he lived to be be about 15