Does your blood smell really metallic?

Lean L

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure if it's just because I'm older now or what but I never remembered my blood smelling or tasting as metallic when I was younger. Now if I put blood right next to my nose, it smells really strongly or rusted iron. Is this normal?

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Are you a fucking moron? A huge part of your blood content is iron, which is why it smells the way it does.

A pint of blood has roughly 250mg of iron, provided you are a healthy, average height and weight male.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I'm not sure if it's just because I'm older now or what but I never remembered my blood smelling or tasting as metallic when I was younger. Now if I put blood right next to my nose, it smells really strongly or rusted iron. Is this normal?

images

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
"rusted iron" is basically what carries oxygen around in your bloodstream. Hemoglobin is an iron oxide protein complex.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Are you a fucking moron? A huge part of your blood content is iron, which is why it smells the way it does.

A pint of blood has roughly 250mg of iron, provided you are a healthy, average height and weight male.

This
/thread

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Sorry that is NOT normal. It is considered a key indicator of stage 4 leukemia or lymphoma. You have cancer and months if not weeks to live.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Hmmm......let me taste my hemorrhoid and I'll get back to you. :thumbsup:

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
You might be an X-men. Test out some powers and let us know.

Oct 20, 2005
Did you read the OP?

Question is still valid.

Are you a fucking moron?

What kind of stupid ass thread are you making asking if our blood smells metallic? Who goes around smelling or tasting their blood on purpose?

Seriously, think before you create another pointless thread. All you ever seem to do is just post whatever the heck is on your mind at any given moment.

You probably could have gone on your 1st date ever by now if you spent less time making threads like this.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Question is still valid.

Are you a fucking moron?

What kind of stupid ass thread are you making asking if our blood smells metallic? Who goes around smelling or tasting their blood on purpose?

Seriously, think before you create another pointless thread. All you ever seem to do is just post whatever the heck is on your mind at any given moment.

You probably could have gone on your 1st date ever by now if you spent less time making threads like this.

Wow,... internitz are serious biznas??