Does the shape of a water bottle make a difference to you?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
How does that have any less plastic than the other one? :confused: Did they make the plastic thinner?

We just switched to water coolers instead of bottled water at work. Less plastic consumed=good.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Nestle water we buy from Walmart did that within the last few months too. It's weird to hold to be honest but if their primary purpose was the save plastic, then fine.

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I actually like the thin plastic feel of the newer bottles but sometimes I get worried that I might make it implode with my enormous gripping strength - caused by years of hands on solo practice.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Rubycon
Well that depends on what folks intend to do with the bottle after they drink the water. ;)

:shocked:

:laugh:
Along those lines: Who says they're going to drink it? It could be used to "irrigate" other....things.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
the new shape is suppossedly designed to give the bottle a rigid structure so it won't collapse on itself when using less plastic. it feels flimsy to me, but it's something i could get used to. besides, i mainly use nalgene bottles to reduce waste and avoid CRV costs.