Does the shape of a water bottle make a difference to you?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
11
56
Poland Spring introduced this new bottle design not too long ago as using less plastic, so yeh, a better design. When I first saw it I thought... it looks like it has a nice skinny waist. It looks more desirable for that reason.


What do you think? If you saw these two water bottles which would you grab first or wouldn't the bottle design make a difference to you?

(Both bottles contain the same amount of H20)

New and improved bottle

Old design bottle
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,806
45
91
deosn't make a difference to me, as long as its a reasonable shape. i wouldn't buy a bottle thats shaped like a pretzel, for instance.
 

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
17,768
485
126
Well that depends on what folks intend to do with the bottle after they drink the water. ;)

:shocked:

:laugh:
 

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
1,532
0
76
Originally posted by: DnetMHZ
The new bottles feel very flimsy. We got a few cases of them from Sams.
Yeah, my gf buys poland springs water. I picked up one of the new bottles and it feels cheap and flimsy. I prefer the old design for sure. That being said, I wouldn't buy bottled water no mater what kind of bottle it comes in.
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,716
414
126
i dont buy bottled water its a fing waste of money, so no the shape does not matter
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,806
45
91
Originally posted by: jiggahertz
Originally posted by: DnetMHZ
The new bottles feel very flimsy. We got a few cases of them from Sams.
Yeah, my gf buys poland springs water. I picked up one of the new bottles and it feels cheap and flimsy. I prefer the old design for sure. That being said, I wouldn't buy bottled water no mater what kind of bottle it comes in.
most of them are like that now.
 

Funyuns101

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2002
2,849
0
0
I have a bottle of Fiji water that fits perfectly in the square cup holders in my car. I refill it w/Brita water though.
 

mh47g

Senior member
May 25, 2007
741
0
0
Originally posted by: Funyuns101
I have a bottle of Fiji water that fits perfectly in the square cup holders in my car. I refill it w/Brita water though.
Why does your car have square cup holders?
 

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
2,198
2
81
Probably not feasible for the manufacturer, but it would help me if water bottles were skinny and square so that they would take up less room in my fridge.
 

puffff

Platinum Member
Jun 25, 2004
2,374
0
0
I don't buy bottled water. But if I did, I would buy whatever is cheapest, regardless of bottle shape.
 

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
1,532
0
76
Originally posted by: mh47g
Originally posted by: Funyuns101
I have a bottle of Fiji water that fits perfectly in the square cup holders in my car. I refill it w/Brita water though.
Why does your car have square cup holders?
To hold fiji water bottles, duh.
 

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
11,491
2
0
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Poland Spring introduced this new bottle design not too long ago as using less plastic, so yeh, a better design. When I first saw it I thought... it looks like it has a nice skinny waist. It looks more desirable for that reason.


What do you think? If you saw these two water bottles which would you grab first or wouldn't the bottle design make a difference to you?

(Both bottles contain the same amount of H20)

New and improved bottle

Old design bottle
Zephyrhills just introduced those same bottles. They both Nestle Waters companies?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY