Do you wear a ring?

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I've been thinking of getting a ring recently. I'm not counting wedding rings here just something you wear because you like the look of it. Something very simple but elegant looking, I hate most of the popular flashy/gaudy rings. Something like these two:

http://ringoblog.com/wp-conten...lack-titanium-ring.jpg
http://www.frenchtruckers.com/...lain-titanium-ring.jpg

The first one is actually a wedding ring. Is there such a thing as an official wedding ring or does simply wearing it on the wedding finger make it one? Can anyone recommend places to buy one?

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
I'm not yet married, not an engineer, and not Guy Fieri. No rings yet for me.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
2 nipple rings and that's it. I have a wedding ring and a ring my Mom gave me as a kid sitting in my sock drawer.

The first one looks way too much like a wedding ring, so I would avoid it. The second one looks acceptable.

KT

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Scouzer
No... I'm not Italian

Hey, I'm Italian and I don't wear any rings.

Of course, I'm not from Long Island either.

Now I'm just bitter that that's the image people get when they think of Italians. EVERYONE looks like that up there. My family didn't bring blowout haircuts, wifebeaters, and a moderate steroid problem with them. I promise.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
I plan on getting a carbide ring for my wedding band... and wear my school ring every once in a while.

who cares though -- if you like it, get it

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I used to, but not so much anymore. I'll wear one every so often.

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
It's only a wedding ring if you wear it on the ring finger. Anyway, ebay is a really good place to find rings.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
all my rings are too big on me since I've lost weight and I haven't bought any new ones.

even the ring that was sized for my middle finger when I was 18 just slides off now.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
why would you wear a ring that's not a wedding ring if you were a guy? Not insulting, just curious.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: fustercluck
why would you wear a ring that's not a wedding ring if you were a guy? Not insulting, just curious.

Because you like the way it looks. I don't wear them as much do to activity that causes pain or loss potential when wearing a ring, but I like them.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Wearing the ring on your left hand ring finger makes it a wedding ring. Nothing special about the ring itself except that it was exchanged in the ceremony.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: AreaCode707
Wearing the ring on your left hand ring finger makes it a wedding ring. Nothing special about the ring itself except that it was exchanged in the ceremony.

True, but some rings definitely look more weddingy (not a word, but you know what I mean) than others.

KT