Do you wash your face when you wake up?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I might rinse the facial features when I get up. I save washing for the shower after I eat. My skin oils up pretty soon so I don't think about facial moisturizing - even in winter. Summer is pretty steamy down south with no AC. Winter though is arid, especially indoors, and clothing rubs your skin, so, chances are, your knees and elbows (friction zones) will get dry and flaky. Moisturizing is good in winter.

Speaking of skin .... zinc supplements are great for healing skin (balanced with copper of course).

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's part of my routine but not the first thing I do. I usually get up, shower, then wash face, brush teeth, put deodorent, brush hair then shave. If I'm working, then it's pretty much out the door from there.

In winter I tend to like a really hot water, don't really have any issues, though winter is dry in general so my skin does get a bit dry so I use moisturizer. Mostly my hands. They get dry around the knuckles area.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Where is our insta-clean plasma shower? We were promised insta-clean plasma showers by 1995.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
wash face in the shower which is at varying times during the day or evening. rinse my face every morning though and put on moisturizer. gotta stay looking young

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Shower at night and shower in the morning. If for some reason I don't shower in the morning I usually wash off my face with water.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
shower in the morning is brutal, and i only do it because of work, else i would shower at night. i don't bother showering at the weekends. i lean more toward caveman than metrosex.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I try to shower before bed, and when I wake up.

I used to sleep in bed with my sneakers on. That was nasty when I think about it.