Do you wash your face when you wake up?

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
When you guys wake up in the morning/afternoon do you wash your face with face wash then moisturize your face? Or do you just get up > brush teeth and thats it? I'm sure some of you shower in the morning if yes, does your skin get very dry after shower? If yes do you moisturize after?

Random thread is random. I am curious because most men I know are so scruffy and unhygienic. >_<

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
Was prone to acne when younger so I still wash my face multiple times a day. When waking up and when I come home from work. It's necessary at least when waking up so you can get rid of the crusts in the corners of your eyes.

My skin is so oily there is no possibility of drying it out. I have a moisturizing after shave but that's it for my face.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Wake up, pee, weigh myself, wash hands/face, put on podcast/music, eat, get dressed, floss/brush, make coffee, out the door.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Wake up, feed dogs, let dogs out, feed me, let dogs in, go to work. All that other stuff is for before bed.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
one must always shower after waking up, otherwise they will be a filthy barbarian

False. I'd rather get into bed feeling all fresh and clean without stanky ass feet, minor BO, and the god almighty greasy, sweaty hair this ridiculously hot and humid weather gives me. I'm also assuming you don't do physical activity that involves sweating, because one typically showers afterwards.

FYI - Neffing on ATOT =/= physical activity.

You're barbaric!

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Wake up, piss, eat breakfast, shit, shave, shower, brush teeth, get dressed, done. Washing my face gets done in the shower with a bar of soap. What is this moisturizer you speak of?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
False. I'd rather get into bed feeling all fresh and clean without stanky ass feet, minor BO, and the god almighty greasy, sweaty hair this ridiculously hot and humid weather gives me. I'm also assuming you don't do physical activity that involves sweating, because one typically showers afterwards.

FYI - Neffing on ATOT =/= physical activity.

You're barbaric!
You're feel fresh and clean when you get into the bed, but you're not when you get out of it, which is what makes you a filthy barbarian.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I shower in the morning. Face gets washed with soap and with anti-acne face wash, either salicyclic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Before bed face gets wiped with acne cleanser pads (s. acid). And... I still have acne like a fuckin 14 year old.

I have Proactiv and it actually works if you use it consistently, better than the store-bought stuff, but I rarely use it cause I'm too lazy at night and don't have time in the morning.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
You're feel fresh and clean when you get into the bed, but you're not when you get out of it, which is what makes you a filthy barbarian.

Unless I'm getting laid in my sleep and breaking a sweat, there's not much happening to make filth appear if I get into it while clean. I prefer my blankets and associated bedware smell more along the lines of Dove body wash in some overly chemicaled smell vs. gnarly ass feet and day-old sack smell.

Heathen, you are.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Make coffee, shower, go to work, wake up....I use Dove, 1/4 moisturizing cream.:)

And shower before bed because I've sweated at the gym.

and unhygienic. >_<
You should raise your standards. Just look at the fine specimens here.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
meh...shower before bed. In the morning, stumble out of bed, piss, wash hands and face, go make coffee. Any other "morning ritual" can begin after the first cup or two of coffee is consumed.

oh...I don't think I've ever used a "moisturizer" in my life.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I shower every morning right after breakfast. Wash my face with normal bar soap every morning. Keeps the beard clean.

I also shower usually one other time in the day after all my workouts are done. On weekdays, that normally means about an hour before bed. Weekends, usually I skip the morning shower and only shower once my workouts are done. I workout twice a day about three or four days a week though so I often walk around my house stanky.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
No way, had acne issues before from stripping away the protective oils from my face with soap. Nothing but a light water rinse in the shower. Your skin evolved to self regulate, let it do its job. 90% of acne went away when I stopped messing with face soap + got the adequate water my body needed.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
George Carlin tells me I don't need to shower every single day. That's good enough for me. :)

"Unless you work out, or work outdoors ya don't gotta shower every fuckin day!"

He DOES tell you that you need to keep the four main areas clean - armpits asshole crotch and teeth. You can save some time if you use the same brush for all four areas!

I miss him :(

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
George Carlin tells me I don't need to shower every single day. That's good enough for me. :)
Yeah, I'll sometimes skip a day if it's a telework day + rest day from the gym (i.e. don't have to see anyone in public). That's maybe once a week.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I shower every morning, so yes. My hairstyle is fairly complex, so I need a fresh canvas every morning.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Unless I'm getting laid in my sleep and breaking a sweat, there's not much happening to make filth appear if I get into it while clean. I prefer my blankets and associated bedware smell more along the lines of Dove body wash in some overly chemicaled smell vs. gnarly ass feet and day-old sack smell.

Heathen, you are.
I guess you're just a much stinkier barbarian overall. Just laying there sleeping, your body is still making you dirty, on top of dust mites copulating and defecating all over you. I've got to do a LOT of work before my feet start to smell bad. But I've also encountered people with feet that generate such a stench that it verges on chemical warfare, so I don't know what it's like to live as one of those barbarians.

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007
shower every morning ... usually if i use very hot water my skin gets dried out, otherwise it is fine (using warm water)

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
I shower before work and after, never had a problem with pimples when I was young.

I don't have any issues with dry skin unless it's winter time. Usually I use whatever lotion is on hand. Never full body though, just the affected areas.

Irish spring FTW