Do you think this guy will ever be invited back to Fox News?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Ausm, Nov 27, 2012.

1. buckshot24

buckshot24 Diamond Member

I'm speaking generally with that statement.

2. HomerJS

HomerJS Lifer

That's right, the actually killing not the speculated cause after.

3. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

It says it is incomplete on the first source but it uses over 22 sources. And he was questioned about Benghazi and decided to answer about Iraq. Divert much?

#53 Matt1970, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. emperus

emperus Diamond Member

So, find me another source on that list that has a complete list of names. Better yet, find me an official listing of all the dead US contractors on that wiki site. I'll address the 2nd part of ur argument once we close this part of it just to make sure we don't divert. I'll be waiting.

I'm only doing this because as I've told you before you're intellectually lazy and intellectually dishonest. You don't know what you don't know and don't care to find out.

#54 emperus, Nov 28, 2012
  5. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Believe it or not, but there's this magical thing called the Internet that allows people to share information. With it's magical tubes (© Al Gore), you can see information any time! In fact, I saw a post about this news story on this crazy newfangled site called The Facebook. :p

6. emperus

emperus Diamond Member

Hey Matt, I thought you'd be back with the sources and such to back up your argument.

7. buckshot24

buckshot24 Diamond Member

Get a life.

8. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Could you be more precise so it would leave the guessing out of your comments ;)

9. Schmide

Schmide Diamond Member

You will lose your internet privileges for not knowing that was Alaskan Senator Ted (series of tubes) Stephens that copyrighted that phrase.

10. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

I got something you can address. This guy diverted to Iraq when asked about Benghazi, but keep going after me and give him a free pass. That sure is being intellectually honest.

11. randomrogue

randomrogue Diamond Member

Nobody gives a shit about Bengazi. Nobody. If you do you need to get your head checked out.

12. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

13. emperus

emperus Diamond Member

Very Conservative Response when you get owned.

14. emperus

emperus Diamond Member

Diverted huh? Like you're trying to do now? Just man up, admit you were wrong and move on. Until you do, you're going to continue to be intellectually dishonest and lazy.

15. RampantAndroid

RampantAndroid Diamond Member

You expect deaths in a "war" zone, do you not? It's accepted. It is NOT expected that be leave an ambassador vulnerable when both the marine anti-terrorist unit in the area AND the ambassador both expressed serious concerns within weeks of the attack. That is why Iraq really is a bad comparison, and where the rage comes from.

ftfy. Learn to spell, it's apparent you don't know or care.

16. RampantAndroid

No, they cut spending in general there. It was up to the president to decide where to make those cuts - if the reason Benghazi lacked security was in fact funding (which we don't know), the president should justify why he did not instead divert resources from a lower risk area to the Benghazi embassy...or move Stevens out, if unable to provide proper security.

Moreover, embassy security is run not by the state department but through the DoD is it not? The guards are uniformed Marines. Would that not mean the funding for the embassy security was through the DoD budget? Serious question - my previous point stands, regardless.

Also, grow up. "Rethuglicants"? Damned children on this forum, I tell ya.

17. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

What is stunningly apparent is that those that keep pursuing the unfortunate events in Benghazi are the same folks that have ignored the deceptions that lead into the Iraq war....

\but hey, now you're concerned....
    \\good job, have a cookie....

18. RampantAndroid

Oh? And where have I posted about the Iraq war pertaining to how we got into it? Because guess what: I don't think we should have gone in. The only good thing we got out of it were some funny videos of the propaganda minister.

Let the middle east figure itself out, hell if they want to nuke each other, fine...just make sure it's an air blast so there's no fallout.

19. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

4804 dead, not including civilians in Iraq. But hey, you got a funny video out of it.....

\your false concern is duly noted....
    \\so when a "funny" Benghazi video comes along - shall you laugh your ass off as well...

#69 UberNeuman, Nov 28, 2012
  20. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

The Fox Faithful truly believe that Fox is a fair and effective counter toward the left-wing media, though; so it all evens out.

Also, shouldn't Santa be getting ready for Xmas, why is he on Fox?

Fox has gone APESH*T over Benghazi, too, and yes it's been hyped.

Thumbsup for Tom Ricks, though.

21. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

The Iraqi reference was cogent, given that FNC (along with all news networks) basically ignores the deaths of soldiers for the most part, let alone 'insignificant' contractors.

But yet FNC goes batshit crazy over Benghazi, spinning and spinning it even when it appears at worst to merely be some incompetence/communication issues after the fact. The absolute truth of the matter is that the military powers, Petraeus, etc, have confirmed that there's no grand conspiracy, there's only the arguable idea that maybe there was too much emphasis put on the controversial video. By the way, that video caused quite literally hundreds of protests in dozens of countries, some of them quite violent. Egypt, anyone? It's not unreasonable for one to think that this incident might just have had something to do with it, even if it were merely opportunism. I personally don't think it was anything other than 9/11 anniversary jackoff terrorists, but after all, Libya is a country filled to the gills with militia, hardened and armed after a bloody struggle against a dictator. If a militia group with Islamist jihadist ideals got pissed off, they wouldn't be the average jerkoffs throwing rocks, they'd be jerkoffs with arty, heavy and light machine guns, explosives, and experience.

All of this is dancing around it though. The facts are, it happened, it sucks, some info was botched, but there's no real story beyond that. FNC's desperate effort to make it more than it was is embarassing.

I'm also not a fan of Obama, I think he's a corporate tool that is just Bush 3 for the most part. The ACA is a handjob to the insurance agencies that will hurt the majority of americans, he's not been that great at communicating the direct X, Y, and Z of any good plans, or even mediocre ones, to the people, he's just not my ideal guy given that I have fiscally conservative and socially liberterian ideals. That said, I don't sieg heil to the jacktards at Fox, or imbeciles like Rush either. Where's William F. Buckley when you need him.

Honesty, especially intellectual honesty, is the best ideal one can have. If you are grossly partisan, such as the gasbags have been over the Benghazi non-story, and let yourself push agenda over common sense and the hard facts, you debase yourself and will not be respected by rational minds. Preaching to the idiot partisan choirs of either side is bullshit, frankly, but many seem to want to insulate themselves from any inconvenient facts.

22. RampantAndroid

Holy shit, my post went whizzing over your head, didn't it? I just said that nothing good came of the war in my opinion, and you take that as me not caring? I know people who were deployed over there. I knew someone who didn't come back. So you can shove your pretentious attitude and baseless assumptions up your ***.

23. blankslate

blankslate Diamond Member

Tom Ricks is awesome I may just have to check out his book.

24. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

LOLWUT?? You are going to have to come up with a better answer then that Repuglicant....

25. CallMeJoe

CallMeJoe Diamond Member

The United States embassy in Libya is located in the Libyan capital, Tripoli. There is a Marine security detail at the embassy. Benghazi has a Consulate. The State Department provides Consulate security.