Do you think this grandiose Mexico wall will materialise?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
If you lived here for as long as I have you would be quite aware of all the social "progress" of the last 50 years! Some acceptable others quite unacceptable, including the removal of religion from schools. Now we have nothing but social decay and chaos.

But oh, to reign in hedonism is akin to acceptance of slavery!!

:rolleyes:

Don't forget allowing women and coloreds to vote!

Praise Jeebus!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The wall has always been a metaphorical way to express irrational fear, a symbol. Repubs have been nurturing that fear & feeding off it for a good long while. It's the excuse for the voter fraud scam. It solidifies white identity politics in the GOP by invoking a siege mentality about an "invasion" that was over back in 2009-

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Notice that most illegals have been here over a decade & their high employment rate indicates that they've integrated as best they could. They contribute & they create demand that otherwise wouldn't be there. Many of them also have American citizen children so deporting the parents means depriving American children of their birthright to live in this country as minors. Shoulda picked better parents, huh?

those are terror babies. Besides the conservatives dont want any brown people here because they vote dem.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
There are legit reasons to not want large-scale Mexican immigration...Mexico was a one-party totalitarian state for quite a while. One by the way that was quite corrupt and which has had this crazy drug war where random civilians are killed by gangs just because.

So large-scale Mexican immigration may very well bring such tendencies into our own political culture.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
i got $50 on this wall not being built. bring it.

And how long are we talking about? He has 4 years to do it, and all we need is at least two damn bricks. You better define some terms, otherwise Ill take your bet my friend.

emote_yahooeyebrow.gif

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
i got $50 on this wall not being built. bring it.

I agree, but also acknowledge I would have lost a lot of money on this last election, given the chance to make a bet.

Write out the terms clearly. You are betting against known cheats and liars.

If Trump rolled out a $20B roll of toilet paper across the border, the chumpsters would hail victory and praise his archectual genius.

Jul 9, 2009
Write out the terms clearly. You are betting against known cheats and liars.

If Trump rolled out a $20B roll of toilet paper across the border, the chumpsters would hail victory and praise his archectual genius.
Only if it was covering up land mines and auto cannon.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A lot of it is just well cultivated fear of the unknown. That's evident in the demographics of Trump voters-

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/opinion/trumps-rural-white-america.html

Those of us in urban areas can't afford to be fearful of others because of ethnicity. We also know that there's really no reason to be that way because experience has taught us that. People don't have to be white to be decent human beings & good Americans.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are legit reasons to not want large-scale Mexican immigration...Mexico was a one-party totalitarian state for quite a while. One by the way that was quite corrupt and which has had this crazy drug war where random civilians are killed by gangs just because.

So large-scale Mexican immigration may very well bring such tendencies into our own political culture.

Just here to spread the FUD, obviously.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
All joking aside this is just fluffy talk that sounds great to their base. Immigrants provide cheap labor to many industries who aren't complaining about their lowered operating costs. The rich own these businesses and who runs this country? Complain all you'd like about this issue but Trump isn't going to shoot himself in the foot nor will he do anything that will harm his top 1% friends and family.

Meanwhile back in reality illegals cross the border at will in many areas, break into the homes of citizens and our officials sit on their hands playing a game with us all. I know people who lived along the border in AZ who had this happen to them repeatedly yet those in power didn't care and proved it by doing absolutely nothing to stop it. When some group really decides to hurt us at home they've got thousands of miles of open border to choose from to make their crossing. Everything they need to carry it out is already here in our open society.

Last edited: