Do you think this grandiose Mexico wall will materialise?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
If you lived here for as long as I have you would be quite aware of all the social "progress" of the last 50 years! Some acceptable others quite unacceptable, including the removal of religion from schools. Now we have nothing but social decay and chaos.

But oh, to reign in hedonism is akin to acceptance of slavery!!

:rolleyes:
lol
what a maroon
You vote for the one of the biggest public hedonists to the highest office and then have the temerity to bitch about social decay.
What a fucking poseur.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
lol
what a maroon
You vote for the one of the biggest public hedonists to the highest office and then have the temerity to bitch about social decay.
What a fucking poseur.

Careful. Felix may go into catatonic shock.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
While there are differing opinions on who's to blame over immigration I would point out that not so long ago this topic came up under a Republican administration and what happened? President Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions of undocumented workers and did very little in the way of securing our border with MX. Later on W made a symbolic gesture with Operation Hold The Line that was a deliberately weak enforcement measure that made nary a dent in the flow of illegals into this country.

If the laws that are already on the books were strictly enforced then we could see some movement in this area. Mexico's economy needs to be revamped but they can't do it with corrupt officials and businessmen running the show. We can't give them all of our jobs as our own people need them. If we enforced the border MX would be forced to make more effort in improving their economy to support their population.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
While there are differing opinions on who's to blame over immigration I would point out that not so long ago this topic came up under a Republican administration and what happened? President Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions of undocumented workers and did very little in the way of securing our border with MX. Later on W made a symbolic gesture with Operation Hold The Line that was a deliberately weak enforcement measure that made nary a dent in the flow of illegals into this country.

If the laws that are already on the books were strictly enforced then we could see some movement in this area. Mexico's economy needs to be revamped but they can't do it with corrupt officials and businessmen running the show. We can't give them all of our jobs as our own people need them. If we enforced the border MX would be forced to make more effort in improving their economy to support their population.

I'm curious, are you aware of what the current status and issues currently facing illegal immigrants and their removal right now? Because you and some others seem to think we have border agents, ICE and other agencies just sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Feb 16, 2005
Better to be maroon than a moron.:p
Obviously you're not a golfer
Bugs%2BBunny.jpg

Reactions: Victorian Gray

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Na, Trump would not penalise himself.

It would be cheaper than trying to deport them all, anyway.

Of course, I didn't really think that he'd do that, either. Too many of his buddies need those illegals to keep their businesses profitable.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It would be cheaper than trying to deport them all, anyway.

Of course, I didn't really think that he'd do that, either. Too many of his buddies need those illegals to keep their businesses profitable.
Not just his buddies, himself.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
lol
what a maroon
What a fucking poseur.

Umm hmm. You are the fucking poseur. And a jackass. And stoned.

You are talking about one man, I am talking about society going to shit because of all the left wing lunacy of the last 50 years.

Anyway, I've had it with your personal insults. Either keep it on topic or go on ignore until Presidents Day 2017.

I don't mind criticism but your constant personal attacks are unacceptable.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
If you lived here for as long as I have you would be quite aware of all the social "progress" of the last 50 years! Some acceptable others quite unacceptable, including the removal of religion from schools. Now we have nothing but social decay and chaos.

I agree. We need to let Muslims pray in every school in America 5 times a day. Children should be forced to take religion class to study ALL the major belief systems so they can pray for whoever they want. If there was more religion there would be less killing. Great post!

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

You are talking about one man, I am talking about society going to shit because of all the left wing lunacy of the last 50 years.

Anyway, I've had it with your personal insults. Either keep it on topic or go on ignore until Presidents Day 2017.

Yeah, we get it. Women having control of their own bodies is social decay, but it's cool for 60 million people to vote for a rapist. That's not social decay. You're not fooling anyone.

Feb 16, 2005

Let's break this down
me, a poseur, ok, probably, but mostly no. I don't put on a false front, and do tend to walk the talk
jackass, well you got me there
stoned? nope, sorry, sober going on 20+ years now.
one man? sure absolutely, BUT, a large portion of the country voted for this twatwaffle, and you, yourself have touted his presidency as a good thing.
society going to shit because of left wing lunacy of the last 50 years? hmm..... 1967/8 - LBJ, not very socially progressive, so no. 1969 - 1974 - tricky d!ck, um... yea, he was morally bankrupt, but definitely not a liberal. 1976 - Jimmy Carter, not a great president, but a humanitarian of sainthood level. He is the type of christian I'd believe most christians would aspire to be. 1980 - saint ronnie, L - fucking- O - L. scam artist extraordinaire. But lived a relatively clean personal life. 1989 - GHW Bush - meh, nothing really much one way or the other for him, well "no new taxes" but he seems to be an ok guy. 1993 - bill clinton, yeap, this guy has some serious baggage, 2001 - dubya, EL OH EL... this guy was a clown and a half, who's inner demons got us into a war that costs tens of thousands of lives, but he was right with god so that's cool. 2009- barack obama - pretty much scandal free, a righteous man who really was trying to do right for his fellow man.

SO out of that 50 years you're bitching about being the social decline of america, the gop held the highest office in the land for more than half that time. Are you barking up that tree with your hypocrisy? no, didn't think so.
And it's cute that you're offended with my insults, yet you feel a need to strike back with insults.
POSEUR

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Religion is not removed from schools, it just can't be forced upon students in schools. Each and every student is entirely allowed to have, practice, and express their own religion so long as it isn't disruptive. Even teachers and administrators are allowed to have and practice religion so long as they don't use their authority to express their religion to a captive audience of students. It is in fact even quite common for schools to have religious clubs that are sponsored by faculty.

Personally I consider religion to by and large be more likely to cause problems since it is far worse in its treatment of those who are different than any social clique like jocks or the Mean Girls "plastics" could ever be.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
This idea of building a wall has already served its purpose: It helped Trump get elected. As ludicrous as it is to build this monument to abject waste, so too is the idea that "Mexico is going to pay for it" in the way that Trump wanted it to mean to those fools who so dearly wanted to take a bite out of that ridiculously lucious piece of putrid red meat.

Trump appealed to the raw emotions of those he targeted and then he purposely rubbed raw those emotions with such unbeleivable inflammatory flair such that the only folks who believed those lies of his were those that wanted to hear it being said. It didn't matter to them at all that building a wall and having Mexico pay for it was pure unadulterated bullshit. It appealed to the emotions of those that Trump was wooing and that is all that mattered at the time.

Trump simply targeted emotions as his way to victory and it worked.

As we have all witnessed since then, Trump has either gone back on almost all of those promises he's made to the working class and poor folks that voted for him based on those lies of his or he's outright dismissed them as "campaign rhetoric" that shouldn't be taken at his word. To add insult to injury, he's now filling his cabinet with those very swamp critters he said he was going to drain our government from. And from what I've been gleaning from the news, Mitch McConnell has already said all of Trump's choices will be approved so there's no disputing it from that angle.

Let's put to rest this idea that Trump really meant what he said and now actually means what he said about the wall, when all he's doing now is attempting to find a way to get out from under that "promise" of his and is wanting to make it happen in a way that is the cheapest and most importantly, the least damaging to that precious "image" of himself that he's created in the minds of his followers.

I think it's pretty obvious they knew it was always lies to play the game given their nonchalant reaction when none of the "promises" are delivered. Same as when kids aren't really surprised when told it was their parent instead of Santa all along.

I would rather argue that it's everyone else who was duped. For starters, the media which focused coverage on said "promises"/bullshit as if ever serious, instead of what the promises actually insinuate like an ethnofascist regime's attitude towards lower class groups.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
This Mexican wall is a symbol for the Trump people. It stands for a wall to stop the various people that apparently are a threat to these Trump people.

Just look at some of the comments of this article on Yahoo about the US navy engaging Iranian navy vessels:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-navy-destroyer-fires-warning-shots-iranian-vessels-122748841.html

I'm not sure if these people are real or not. It's like every other comment is "Muslim Obama ..." or "Coward Obama ..." or "It's time to straighten out these Iranians ..."

These people are calling for war against Iran from the comfort of their little computers. These are cowards. These are Trump voters. These people will whine and complain about immigrants and foreigners yet they will never question their own terrorist American government murdering innocents abroad (that further increases hatred).

Hillary's voters aren't any better but since this thread is about Trump I will not say anything about her.

By the way, so what if Obama is a Muslim? Why do so many of these people sitting behind their computers have such a problem with Obama being a Muslim? I mean, he is probably not anything but an egomaniac continuing America's hegemony but these people call him so many names. So much hatred towards a man they have no clue about.

Humanity - when will we humans ever wake up?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Well, you did just help elect one of the most immoral charlatans in America to to lead our country on your moral crusade.

Congratulations on being chumped.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Society hasn't gone to shit you stupid fuck. God damn Im glad I didnt have your life experiences because you are ignorant as fuck. What a shitty life.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015

So that's a yes to Jim Crow and Rape Dungeons For Red ChildrenReservation Schools.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I agree, but also acknowledge I would have lost a lot of money on this last election, given the chance to make a bet.

I wont bet on an election. Spending 50 billion on a pie in the sky wall? Yeah Ill wager $50 it wont ever get done.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The wall has always been a metaphorical way to express irrational fear, a symbol. Repubs have been nurturing that fear & feeding off it for a good long while. It's the excuse for the voter fraud scam. It solidifies white identity politics in the GOP by invoking a siege mentality about an "invasion" that was over back in 2009-

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Notice that most illegals have been here over a decade & their high employment rate indicates that they've integrated as best they could. They contribute & they create demand that otherwise wouldn't be there. Many of them also have American citizen children so deporting the parents means depriving American children of their birthright to live in this country as minors. Shoulda picked better parents, huh?