Do you think this grandiose Mexico wall will materialise?

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
I think it's hilarious and look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Trump: Yo, Mexico, you gonna be paying for that wall, ssssssan!

Mexico: Nah

:lemon:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Pretty obvious at least the conservatives knew it was only ever a euphemism for keeping lower status minorities in their place. Many liberals don't like to talk about that aspect of america, though.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Let's build it and waste many billions so it may stand as a monument of our immense fucking stupidity for following generations to take note of. It should be built so strongly that it's practically impossible to demolish thereby forever enshrining our hubris.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
They may end up putting up just enough to make it look like they're really doing it, but I don't see a full wall happen. If it does, I guess people will just climb over or continue to tunnel under, so it'll add several minutes to the trip to the US.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How will the wall stop people who overstay their visas?

I'm sure trump will also be advocating for walls around houses and businesses as well. Or he might find its just easier to have people walking around asking to see peoples papers proving they are citizens.

I can't see anything going wrong with that;)

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Instead of a "bridge to no where" it is going to be...

..."a wall for nothing."

It won't be built. Some sort of actual fence repairs are going to occur somewhere down in Texas and then Trump will announce (On Twitter) that he fulfilled his promise of building a wall.

It will be so great!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I imagine they will add some additional miles of fence, etc, and proclaim it the fabled border wall. Will it be anything like he said it was going to be? Of course not, that was yet another obvious lie.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I imagine they will add some additional miles of fence, etc, and proclaim it the fabled border wall. Will it be anything like he said it was going to be? Of course not, that was yet another obvious lie.

This. The "wall" already exists as fencing at various points of the border. He'll build it up a little and declare victory and his supporters won't care that they were lied to again.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I don't see how Trump's wall proposal is good for Mexico or America. I mean, even if you keep them out, they still live right next door. Instability in Mexico could result in a much worse situation for us. Like, it isn't that hard to imagine Mexico turning in desperation to China for assistance in return for some military alliance aspects. And then we would see how Americans would react differently from Putin.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I believe that Trump will the see the business opportunity in the wall and incorporate his hotel chain into it. That way weary travelers can lodge there on the governments dime on their way back home and he can continue promoting his own agenda for self enrichment.:p

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Mexico ain't paying for it, and it's not going to be built.

As mentioned, couple of miles of fence, fancy photo op, and a leftover cardboard cut out of The Duck from Trump U for the dopes to have their picture taken with.

Eg. Trump Scam 101

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
There will be a sign proclaiming the wall is coming soon. In two years another sign goes up with a picture of a wall.

Jul 9, 2009
A 3mil bond?

seriously?
It works pretty much like bail bonds, they pay 1% to 10% of the bond that they will leave the country when they say they will. A bond company covers the rest of the amount. If they fail to leave on time the company forfeits the bond. They can then use private bond agents to find the violators, collect the rest of the bond money and send them packing. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Reactions: boomerang

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
some dude on the interwebs did a rough estimate and found it will cost 50 billion dollars. that does not include the 20 thousand guards to patrol the thing after its built.

So I am thinking "no".

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I think it's hilarious and look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Trump: Yo, Mexico, you gonna be paying for that wall, ssssssan!

Mexico: Nah

:lemon:

I think he is gonna build the wall, cause his ego cant take it any other way... and the aftermath will be a complete disaster, monetary, dimplomatic and humanitarian.