Do you think Hillary will be the next POTUS?

Will Hillary win in November?

• Yes, for all practical purposes she basically has this one in the bag

• No, a lot can happen before November and Trump can still turn it around

• No, The Benghazi indictment is definitely happening this time (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I'm not so much asking if you think she should be president or if she would be a good president, but rather if P and N thinks she's going to win in November at this point.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm not so much asking if you think she should be president or if she would be a good president, but rather if P and N thinks she's going to win in November at this point.

Someone has to win so she's as likely as anyone at this point. It certainly isn't because she's a strong candidate in her own right as evidenced by her net unfavorable ratings and large majority of voters thinking that a used car salesman is more honest and less self-serving than she is.

This is basically the worst slate of major party candidates since 1972. Her and Trump make Bush-Gore in 2000 look like Lincoln vs. Douglas in comparison.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think she's the likely winner, but it's far from certain and a lot can happen between now and then.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I think Hillary is extremely fortunate to be running against someone like Trump as opposed to say, Jon Hunstman or something. These are perhaps the only circumstances in which I see her clinching victory and she probably could not be happier running against Trump. I think one of the obstacles Trump has isn't even so much his mouth at this point as much as the math behind the electoral college. National polls are almost meaningless but Trump would probably have to win a miracle to swing enough states from Hillary to clinch the 270 needed to win.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Yes, I would say so. The polls show it. Her unfavorable is lower than Trump. She is more likely not to have a huge scandal or say something terrible before the election.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
We're talking about Clinton, right?

I just find it weird that she's one of the few candidates identified by first name.

Whatever.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
We're talking about Clinton, right?

I just find it weird that she's one of the few candidates identified by first name.

Whatever.

I would say it's due to there having been a President Clinton previously. George W Bush was often referred to as just "W" afterall. And it's not like how racists love to refer to Barack HUSSEIN Obama to make sure they remind you his middle name sounds scary to them and should to you too.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I dont have a clue who will win. I think there is a good chance of Romney 2.0 occurring. I think the 47+% gravy train might be putting any Democrat in a good position.

I think it will boil down to money.
1. People may think too many refugees and illegal immigrants are taking their jobs.
2. People think voting democratic will get them more free money from the government.
3. Black Swan event could happen before the election.
4. A miracle will cause Hillary to go to jail.
5. The stock market could crash as the EU collapses into default.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The democratic party fixed the election so their queen would win. Gave her every advantage they could get away with so Sanders, O'Malley and that Chafey never really had a fair shake at it.

The republican party is doing their part to ensure she wins. They ran
only the worst shit candidates that they could find, worse even than sociopath Romney. I mean holy shit, Trump...

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Yes, I would say so. The polls show it. Her unfavorable is lower than Trump. She is more likely not to have a huge scandal or say something terrible before the election.

No matter who wins they're almost certainly a one-termer unless the opposition party runs someone even more horrific, which I'm not sure is even possible to exist. I see the overwhelming majority of voters feeling exactly like this in 2016:

2016.jpg

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm curious how the turnout will be with such a high negative score for both candidates.

I think if you take the numbers we're seeing now, and they all vote, there may be a tighter ratio of R/D in Congress if Hillary can motivate people to get out and vote.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
This not a race she is trying to win, its one she is trying to not lose. By that I mean the only way I see her losing is if she does something dumb, really dumb.
So I can see her not wanting many debates, similar to what she did against sanders. Keep her messages/speech's very boring and vague.

Best Clinton will want to do is try and get a majority in the senate to get the SC and other appointments taken care of. If the Dems can't get control of the Senate I see that as a hugh win for republicans.

Best case for Republicans will be to keep a 3rd party from getting the magic 5% and not losing control of the house. If the republicans lose control of the house and/or Gary Johnson gets 5%+ I see that as a hugh win for the Dems.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I seriously WANT THAT bumper sticker!!

No matter who wins they're almost certainly a one-termer unless the opposition party runs someone even more horrific, which I'm not sure is even possible to exist. I see the overwhelming majority of voters feeling exactly like this in 2016:

2016.jpg

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I dont even think she will win, but I do hope she wins. The next recession is gonna be a doozy. The Free Stuff Army is gonna riot and the only jobs that will be created will be riot police. People are gonna be so pissed off 2-3 years into another yet another ClintBushBama. It is going to be awfully hard to shut them all up by sending them into another vietnam or Iraq. With all the spending on drones and mechanized/virtualized combat, it makes it really tough to shut up the proles by sending them to be killed off in a war.