Do you think Hillary will be the next POTUS?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Hillary win in November?

• Yes, for all practical purposes she basically has this one in the bag

• No, a lot can happen before November and Trump can still turn it around

• No, The Benghazi indictment is definitely happening this time (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I think she will highly likely be POTUS come November, but I voted NO for three reasons:
1. Ignorance and Bigotry should never be underestimated. Trump's know-nothingism/nativism appeals to a lot of people, facts or common decency be damned.
2. Liberals tend to get complacent when they think things are going their way. See the 2010 elections in the US or Brexit in the UK as examples of that.
3. Oops.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Liberals tend to turn out to vote when the presidency is on the line. It's on the off years they slack off.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Yes.

I think given the choice between a kick to the crotch and a round of Russian Roulette most people will take the kick to the crotch.

You know what you're getting and even though it won't be pleasant it has limited downside. The round of Russian Roulette might be better, but if it's worse it's a LOT worse...

Trump saying literally anything he thinks the crowd wants to hear makes him a complete wildcard. There's no way of knowing what you'll get once he's in office. Hillary also does her share of pandering, but she has some scruples and a political history that can be looked at.

I think Trump would have a better shot at the presidency if he detoured through the Senate or House first... unless he's an incompetent blowhard and his first job in politics would almost certainly be his last.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
There is a good chance that Hillary will sabotage herself.
With the legal system or with voters?

I don't see it with either. The DOJ under Obama won't indict her. The voters already think she's a victim and that certainly isn't going to change regardless of what she says, does, or what happens to her. If anything, that will just intensify their loyalty. And we can't discount one little bit the "first" angle. Dem's love this shit. First black President, first female President, it's huuuge with them. They'd have voted in droves for Caitlyn Jenner running as a Republican for that historic "first". Competency, morals, trustworthiness, that's all trumped by the "first" card. The only reason I see her dropping out is due to her health. Bill looks like death warmed over and she's not far behind.

With enough votes in the right districts in Ohio, she's in and the party already knows how to make that happen.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
yes..it will be fun watching her turn into a prune with lipstick..she's high mileage. May not make it thru the first term.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I started this cycle that way, but then, you know . . . Trump. And Cruz - one of the few Republicans who could actually make me vote for the Hildabeast.

Cruz wanted to conquer the Middle East for Jesus; Hillary wants to do it for Halliburton.

At the end, what's the fucking difference?

Trump's a fucking piker.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I started this cycle that way, but then, you know . . . Trump. And Cruz - one of the few Republicans who could actually make me vote for the Hildabeast.

I know what you mean. I am in a hard spot myself.... This is one of the toughest elections I have ever seen in my 61 years...

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I really wanted to see a Sanders/Warren ticket go up against Kasich/Ryan. IMO, they represent the polar opposites of the competing ideologies.

That contest would have clearly shown what direction the majority of Americans would have wanted the nation to go.

But Hillary it is, no two ways about it.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I really wanted to see a Sanders/Warren ticket go up against Kasich/Ryan. IMO, they represent the polar opposites of the competing ideologies.

That contest would have clearly shown what direction the majority of Americans would have wanted the nation to go.

But Hillary it is, no two ways about it.

But instead, we have the Koch and Neocon candidate Hillary and the doofus Donald Trump.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
But instead, we have the Koch and Neocon candidate Hillary and the doofus Donald Trump.

I can endure what our political system has become, what with the fat cats dictating terms to the nation and how that kind of corruptive influence have given us force-fed choices that we neither want nor asked for. It is, after all, what we deserve.

What I can't stomach is having the rest of the world shaking their heads in wonderment and dismay at the train wreck in progress that our electoral process has become. I hear the snickering out there at how THE most powerful nation on the earth could ever produce the wretched quality of politicians that we have to put up with, how greed and corruption at the highest levels of gov't have resulted in guys like Trump being able to finagle their way into being a candidate for the highest office in the land.

Sad, really. ;)

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I can endure what our political system has become, what with the fat cats dictating terms to the nation and how that kind of corruptive influence have given us force-fed choices that we neither want nor asked for. It is, after all, what we deserve.

What I can't stomach is having the rest of the world shaking their heads in wonderment and dismay at the train wreck in progress that our electoral process has become. I hear the snickering out there at how THE most powerful nation on the earth could ever produce the wretched quality of politicians that we have to put up with, how greed and corruption at the highest levels of gov't have resulted in guys like Trump being able to finagle their way into being a candidate for the highest office in the land.

Sad, really. ;)

Nope. Still voting for Vivian James.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
What on earth made you think Hillary is the candidate of the Koch brothers? They absolutely hate her.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/

And Robert Kagan, look him up your own damn self if you don't know who he is

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/02/25/neocon-kagan-endorses-hillary-clinton/

And Henry Fucking Kissinger. Yes, Henry Fucking Kissinger.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...es-to-henry-kissinger-come-back-to-haunt-her/

First rule from the right: Always accuse your opponent of the thing you yourself are doing.

Projection is not the sole domain of the right.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You should read your own articles. He said it was possible she would be better if 'her actions were quite different than her rhetoric'. That means that she could be better so long as she repudiates her campaign platform. The exact same thing would be true about Sanders or any other candidate.

So yeah like I said they hate her. What made you think otherwise?

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
You should read your own articles. He said it was possible she would be better if 'her actions were quite different than her rhetoric'. That means that she could be better so long as she repudiates her campaign platform. The exact same thing would be true about Sanders or any other candidate.

So yeah like I said they hate her. What made you think otherwise?

You skimmed ONE article.

I don't get paid for this shit. Do you?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You skimmed ONE article.

I don't get paid for this shit. Do you?

I read the article you provided as the source of your opinion. It basically said the opposite of what you claimed.

I suspect you dislike the Koch brothers, right? Since Clinton seems to be the most likely winner of the next election shouldn't it make you happy to learn that the Koch brothers do not in fact endorse her? It seems to be doing the opposite.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I read the article you provided as the source of your opinion. It basically said the opposite of what you claimed.

I suspect you dislike the Koch brothers, right? Since Clinton seems to be the most likely winner of the next election shouldn't it make you happy to learn that the Koch brothers do not in fact endorse her? It seems to be doing the opposite.

Is this Poe? o_O