Do you pee in the shower?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Depends. If it's a baby shower, then yes. If it's a bridal shower, then also yes.

Hmm. I suppose it doesn't actually depend after all.

Dec 10, 2005
Technically it uses less water to use the toilet, because the time you are spending doing it in the shower, the water is flowing, as opposed to a single flush
You obviously didn't read the article.
article said:
Still, that 0.875 gallon of water that will escape the shower head in the 21 seconds it takes for the average person to pee is still less than the 1.6 gallons—more in older toilets—used to flush urine away.

Now, if you have a shower head >> 2.5 GPM, then you could use less water with a low-flow toilet, but I'm sure the article is just looking at what the average person is bound to have.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004

they are only looking at water usage which is ignoring a huge cost: energy usage

the water a toilet uses is cold while the water in a shower has been heated up, often quite a bit (especially in winter)

if you get your power from carbon, i'm not sure the shower is the most ecological or economical choice (unless you're just free spraying while continuing on with the rest of your shower)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
All day. If I hear a shower running, I make a pit-stop, quickly make do with my business, and carry on with my day.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Of course I do, just like everyone else. Even those liars that say they don't. :)

-slash-

Jan 21, 2014
they are only looking at water usage which is ignoring a huge cost: energy usage

the water a toilet uses is cold while the water in a shower has been heated up, often quite a bit (especially in winter)

if you get your power from carbon, i'm not sure the shower is the most ecological or economical choice (unless you're just free spraying while continuing on with the rest of your shower)

So since I'm on hydropower my shower peeing is green since its a renewable energy source.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Speaking of energy and water conservation, I...:

-don't use my shower heater unless I'm sick
-keep the water off when soaping up my body or dishes
-don't boil drinking water as it is already safe off the tap
-only use my washing machine waste water to manually flush my toilet. Using clean water for this is frankly stupid.

linthat22

Dec 2, 2011
Speaking of energy and water conservation, I...:

-don't use my shower heater unless I'm sick
-keep the water off when soaping up my body or dishes
-don't boil drinking water as it is already safe off the tap
-only use my washing machine waste water to manually flush my toilet. Using clean water for this is frankly stupid.

Jesus, no thanks.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
The real question is has anyone taken a crap while in the shower?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
lol @ saying women peeing in the shower will save 1 roll of TP every 50 days. yeah, cause women use 1 square every time they wipe.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Yes
You can aim down the drain, and its 99% water, and it gets rinsed away immediately...

Why wouldn't you? Because it's dirty?
I wonder how some people make it through life when they are scared of such simple things.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Yes
You can aim down the drain, and its 99% water, and it gets rinsed away immediately...

Why wouldn't you? Because it's dirty?
I wonder how some people make it through life when they are scared of such simple things.

Funny thing is, unless you are riddled with infections, urine is actually quite clean.

Also, if you're peeing in the shower, you may as well aim at your feet. :D
There is evidence the power of pee can helps with fungal infections, which means it could even prevent them from taking hold.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
Funny thing is, unless you are riddled with infections, urine is actually quite clean.

Also, if you're peeing in the shower, you may as well aim at your feet. :D
There is evidence the power of pee can helps with fungal infections, which means it could even prevent them from taking hold.

Of course I was curious and looked this up, only to find one recommendation that the best way to use pee to treat a fungal infection is from the inside out. D:

I'll leave it up to your imagination what that means....

Nov 8, 2012
Using less water isn't a question. It's a no-brainer. It's not a hard concept to go while getting clean. You guys can't multitask? You don't even have to friggen aim.