Do you like Filet Mignon?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: JS80
Don't you dare put anything but salt and pepper on that filet and don't you dare cook it higher than medium rare.

This is how I eat my steak, but stfu with that crap, the guy can make and eat his steak however he wants. I don't see why people have to say stupid shit like this...get off his nuts

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Don't know how you guys eat rare beef. Only animals eat that.

Yep, if you know how to cook your meat it can be very tender up to medium well. Of course I'll only eat ribeyes, so those are easy to cook.

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
wow...lots and lots of you's must like Filet Mignon eh?? lol.

I appreciate all the replies...I do like my meat 'well-done' and yes, I know i'll most likely get bashed for that.

So...no special seasonings or anything for this? Oh...I like the idea about the garlic potatoes...I think thats what i'll make instead of mashed. Altho I don't know how to make those either but I'm sure they can't be too terribly hard. ^_^

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Ribeye is the cut of champion. Beef Tenderloin is just overpriced bland meat.

Ribeye>NY Strip>Filet Mignon

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: JRich
Originally posted by: JS80
It's very difficult to match a high quality filet at a top steakhouse at home because you don't have an 1800 degree oven.
Don't you dare put anything but salt and pepper on that filet and don't you dare cook it higher than medium rare.

QFT

damn straight. Although medium, to me.. is the best cook. Retains all the flavor of the cut, but isn't so chewy. Medium always is like cutting through butter and chews so easily.

and as rivan said... garlic mashed potatoes is a dressy and still tasty type of side.
I also like sweet potato casserole with pretty much any plate.

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Naustica

holler

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001

Thank you. I was going to post that ribeye is far superior, but you beat me to it. Filet m ignon is highly overrated, no matter how you cook it.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

Thank you. I was going to post that ribeye is far superior, but you beat me to it. Filet m ignon is highly overrated, no matter how you cook it.

Ribeye is my fav too but the best steak I've ever had was the Kobe Filet. Kobe ribeye didn't even come close.