Do you floss?

• Yes

• NO

• Don't have teeth.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
My dentist always busts my chops about flossing, but I honestly never have time to do it. I know its not good, just wondering how many others here floss on a regular basis.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Not on a regular basis, just when I have an appt coming up, I usually try to clean out some of the nasties.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I didn't floss until I discovered Flossups

You could be doing it right now while you're sitting in front of the computer.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003

This. There are lots of names for them, but without them I wouldn't floss. I hated flossing and never did it till I tried these. Now I can't stand not having one and floss several times a day.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I floss and use a water pick. Gum disease sucks and both of these can go a long way toward preventing gum disease.

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003

DING DING DING! I rarely ever flossed till I found these babies. Now whenever I'm bored or watching TV I just do it as a habit. Best things ever.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Wanna know a cool way to get high? Floss your teeth until your mouth is gushing blood. Put a caffeine pill under your tongue and let it dissolve.

I don't floss because I don't like the taste of blood ;)

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
I do occasionally.... not every day, but I try to at least a couple times a week

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I floss every night and sometimes during the day if I need to.

KT

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
If I don't floss my breath is terrible. Apparently the bacteria that consumes the decomposing food between your teeth can also get into your bloodstream and can aggravate high blood pressure and diabetes.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Wanna know a cool way to get high? Floss your teeth until your mouth is gushing blood. Put a caffeine pill under your tongue and let it dissolve.

Your gums will not bleed if you are flossing regularly.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Dude, you need to see a Dentist. That's not normal at all.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have horrible spacing between my teeth that catches food. I carry floss (and sometimes two spools) with me and floss multiple times a day to remove the food. I usually hit ALL of the teeth about 4 times per day.

I wish I had done this earlier in life and my teeth would have been in much better shape.

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
The difference in how your teeth feel before/after flossing is why I do it daily. For those of you that don't "have the time" why not do it at the end of the day?

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
I was one of those who regularly got lectured by my dentist for not flossing. Who wanted to wrap floss around your finger and stick it into your mouth? When I found these little flossups or whatever you call them, things have changed. Yes, my gums bled for about a week or more when I started, but it has made my smile better and my teeth look better. I had a dentist appointment a few days ago and my hygienist actually asked me out! Flossing made me feel better!

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002

Lol. I'm assuming you are being sarcastic, but that person clearly has gingivitis which is why the gums bleed and are swollen.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't. I don't make the time, and I don't like the feel of string in my teeth.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Lol. I'm assuming you are being sarcastic, but that person clearly has gingivitis which is why the gums bleed and are swollen.

Nope, clean bill of health. I've had a few cavities in my life but that's about it. I was on that cavity-free wall at the dentist until I was like 19 :D

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Actually I ended up flossing too hard for many years and getting some cuts in my gums x_x my dentist pointed them out a few weeks back (first time I had gone in years even though i brush and floss religiously) because he was surprised that my teeth were not in that great conditions. Turns out that flossing verrrry hard, as well as brushing for up to 10 minutes with a relatively hard toothbrush was the culprit. I learned to not be so aggressive on flossing, and then move down to a very very soft tooth brush. A few weeks on and my teeth never felt better even though I've been brushing and flossing forever

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
I don't. I don't make the time, and I don't like the feel of string in my teeth.

At least you're being honest, you don't make the time as opposed to "I don't have the time".

I find flossing easy to get done because you can do it while at the computer. If you're watching a show or something, you can floss easily without missing anything, so it actually doesn't take any time at all.