Do you eat cheese?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
spider cheese is f'ing disgusting :p

I'll eat cheese with something else (sandwich, burger, nachos, etc), but I never really just eat cheese by itself. I'm french, but not that french. lol.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Yep, I love it. And I eat tons of dairy products and it doesn't cause me any acne issues. The calcium does wonders for me.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
There is no "real" life without cheese......fact.

Being lactose intolerant shouldn't keep you away, my wife uses lactaid and it works well. There should be something that works for you.

No decent Alfredo sauce? lasagna with no Ricotta? No crumbled Bleu Cheese on the salad? No cream cheese on the bagel? Pizza? String Cheese? <shudder> how depressing :(

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Auryg
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Originally posted by: Rogodin2
Mrvile

Yes, I'm lactose intolerant, but this happened when I was 25. I was able to eat and love cheese before that time, it's what makes it so difficult.

Rogo

Rogo, my wife developed lactose intolerance a couple of years ago. (maybe she always was and just never knew?)
We're both in our 50's and used to eat lots of cheeses, but now it's pretty uncommon.
Once in a while she'll use a bit of cheese when she cooks, a bit of shredded parmesan, that kind of thing, but unless I scecifically ask for it, she never buys cheese for eating anymore.
I guess I can always go for a cheeseburger if I really crave cheese...;)

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it in this thread, but there's this product called Digestive Advantage - Lactose Intolerance Therapy.

Anyways, it's a once a day pill..it puts some bacteria in your digestive tract that eats up lactose - that way you don't need to take it with every meal, just in the morning. I take one in the morning and one at night as I'm pretty bad.

When I eat some lactose now, I just get a bit bloated for a little while. A lot better than what it was.

Thanks. I went to their website and ordered some samples. (please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery!) IF it works, this would be a big improvment for my wife. Whe was one of those people who loved to drink milk and eat cheese...the Lactaid products didn't help her enough to justify the minimal cost.:thumbsup:

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
I like cheese. We buy the huge brick from Costco, (sharp cheddar) and my 2 year old will carry that around, just biting off the end.

imported_Tango

Golden Member
Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
spider cheese is f'ing disgusting :p

I'll eat cheese with something else (sandwich, burger, nachos, etc), but I never really just eat cheese by itself. I'm french, but not that french. lol.

How can you be French and not eat cheese!

Roquefort with Sauternes wine is the number one reason for which I spend a couple of months in France every year. Well, not really... but it's the first thing I look forward to when thinking about traveling back there...

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Not by itself... my gf and her family eat it like nuts and always pick on me... I like it but it needs to be melted on top of it...

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I LOVE cheese, but with my ever increasingly sedentary lifestyle I know I should probably eat less and less of it :(

Either that or hit the gym harder than ever :p

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I love cheese...but don't really eat it except on sandwiches and pizza.

Crumbled gorgonzola on filet mignon FTW!!!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Properly aged hard cheeses, like cheddar, swiss, etc. contain little to no lactose.

Likewise, butter and yogurt, properly prepared (which is not always the case with modern processing methods, so be selective), should have little to no lactose as well.