Do you drink instant coffee? Sometimes?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I would not consider myself a coffee snob but I do have a bur grinder and drip machine and I do actually notice the difference between that, and say, keurig. Even putting my own grounds (grinded or bought) into keurig is not the same as drip.

That said, I have tried instant for fun and it's oddly not bad... I almost feel like it's a sin against the coffee gods but I honestly find it's ok. My guess is that it's like super artificial though for it to be able to work the way it does, so probably not something I'd replace real coffee with.
Instant coffee is just coffee that has been brewed and then the water is boiled off. Quite simple, nothing artificial about it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Instant coffee is just coffee that has been brewed and then the water is boiled off. Quite simple, nothing artificial about it.
I made cold brewed coffee last night for consumption this morning. Never again! What a hassle filtering that stuff. I bought a box of 100 of the Korean instant recommended earlier in the thread. It's OK. I will allow myself one/day, brew the rest with my Italian stove top stainless steel espresso machine that's made me over 40,000 servings since the 1980's. I have repaired the thing multiple times, I'm a DIY fix-it-man whiz. Plus, it's still beautiful.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That is interesting, in this world of everything being highly processed and fake I just assumed it was some kind of flavoured solvable powder or something.