Do you consider yourself antisocial or asocial?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I think it's a spectrum that I bounce around fairly often. Sometimes I prefer to sit in and play a night of video games or something, but I enjoy socializing quite a bit as well depending on my mood.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I consider myself anti-social but other people that know me say just the opposite. It's weird, little do they know I don't care what they have to say. :evil: j/k When at poker games and stuff I usually talk more than everyone but thats because they get all fucked up and have nothing smart or decent to say.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm kinda like the OP. I don't have a ton of friends or do a ton of "social things", but am very sociable when I actually do things.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Originally posted by: nismotigerwvu
I'm really an odd case.
Sometimes I'm extremely extroverted and will strike up conversation with random people at random locations.
However, while I'm never asocial, I do find being alone to be incredibly relaxing and I prefer living alone rather than with a roommate or anyone.
Alone time is sort of like, my escape, but I'm never shy in the least.
Maybe I'm just bipolar.

Nailed it. I love being with people and having fun, but it just wears me out for some reason. If I'm with other folks for extended periods (more than a day), I'll eventually get bored.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Zaitsev
I'm really an odd case.
Sometimes I'm extremely extroverted and will strike up conversation with random people at random locations.
However, while I'm never asocial, I do find being alone to be incredibly relaxing and I prefer living alone rather than with a roommate or anyone.
Maybe I'm just bipolar.

Nailed it. I love being with people and having fun, but it just wears me out for some reason. If I'm with other folks for extended periods (more than a day), I'll eventually get bored.

There are only maybe two people in the entire world, including myself, that I can stand to be around for more than a day without a prolonged break.

KT

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Zaitsev
I'm really an odd case.
Maybe I'm just bipolar.

There are only maybe two people in the entire world, including myself, that I can stand to be around for more than a day without a prolonged break.

KT

In the morning I am asocial because i'm groggy and slow. Throughout the day I'm okay, but I'm not one of those people who can pretend to care about someone else ina convo. I can't BS conversations really well because I have no drive to want to know more. With my friends, I like to hang out with them and go do things, but eventually I like to come home to my dogggg and watch tv/movie/play games by myself.