Do you consider yourself antisocial or asocial?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I was thinking about this the other day and I think I am relatively asocial, as I really do enjoy being alone a lot of the time, but if someone invites me out, especially if it is a woman, I will generally go. So I guess I am selectively asocial.

There are a few on these boards that I think are truly antisocial.

So, thoughts? Stories? McRib?

KT

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i wouldn't say that i am antisocial or asocial, i'm just hesitant/shy to be around people i don't know.

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
indifferent to or averse to conforming to conventional standards of behavior.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
i'm sociable, but not fall all over you sociable.

You can fall over me if you want.

KT

nismotigerwvu

Golden Member
May 13, 2004
I'm really an odd case.
Sometimes I'm extremely extroverted and will strike up conversation with random people at random locations.
However, while I'm never asocial, I do find being alone to be incredibly relaxing and I prefer living alone rather than with a roommate or anyone.
Alone time is sort of like, my escape, but I'm never shy in the least.
Maybe I'm just bipolar.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: nismotigerwvu
I'm really an odd case.
Sometimes I'm extremely extroverted and will strike up conversation with random people at random locations.
However, while I'm never asocial, I do find being alone to be incredibly relaxing and I prefer living alone rather than with a roommate or anyone.
Alone time is sort of like, my escape, but I'm never shy in the least.
Maybe I'm just bipolar.

That was the first thing that popped in my head, but I doubt it.

KT

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ehh, I would often rather sit at home and play video games than go to peoples houses and be bored. Sitting around and chatting is boring. Having to drive somewhere just to sit and be bored somewhere sucks. I need a lot of stimulus to be entertained. So, because of my impatience/intolerance for boredom, I am pretty asocial.

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
I am very asocial almost all the time, but not antisocial at all, and I get very annoyed when people (read "people" as "my wife" :p ) say I am being antisocial.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
i'm not asocial, i'm just not "i need to be social." i have social events every week, go out to dinner with the neighbors whenever a chance arises, and i go to parties if i'm invited. however, if there is nothing going on curling up on the couch with a movie and a few beers is fine by me.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Voted McRib. Not really anti-social or asocial, but I am introverted. I need my personal time away from the idiots this planet seems to spawn in such great number.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ja1484

Voted McRib. Not really anti-social or asocial, but I am introverted. I need my personal time away from the idiots this planet seems to spawn in such great number.

McRibs rock!

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I am social at work only because i have to be, but I prefer to be solitary....I have had too many experiences with people over the years to see that most people are complete fucking idiots.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Asocial and society-shy, for the most part. Though sometimes I turn antisocial, especially when I game.