Do women EVER take the first step in asking out a guy?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
Originally posted by: iamtrout
Originally posted by: Legend
No, not fat either. 135lb, 5'5", asian, lean, but not skinny.

It's the asian, lol. There's a group on facebook called something like "the asian guy always gets the shaft" and it talks about the obsession there is for asian girls and the guys get shafted.

Well, good luck.:)

Yeah, seriously, like WTF?

Non-asian guys oogle over Asian women, and Asian women want a tall, handsome, non-asian guy to boot, which leaves the Asian guys completely SOL. Our women are being taken away from us, and not even against their own free will!

AIEEEEE!!!!!!

I see lots of tiny Asian men (like 5'2" or so) with families here in Hawaii. Most of them are older guys and they seem to have done ok in life and gotten married, etc. Maybe you need to move somewhere where people are less biased.

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
1. Bath/shave/clean clothes
2. Polite
3. Get away from computer & games
4. Talk instead of mumble (don?t be shy)
5. Find your interest and join an activity club (non tech related)

Girls of all culture background has asked me out, asked me to come home with them, give me their phone number, asked me to take nude picture of them, and once asked me to pose nude.

PS. The girl that asked me to pose nude for pic was a 6' tall East Indian/English goddess. Too bad I got a gf at the time, however I got to take nude pics of her.

<-- Viet

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
been asked out plenty of times...first girlfriend to my wife have made the first move/step...

got a rose from a girl once...that was cool...

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
yes. my current girlfriend made the first move, when i hadnt shown any real romantic, or even physical, interest before.

jds2006

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2005
Originally posted by: iamtrout

Non-asian guys oogle over Asian women, and Asian women want a tall, handsome, non-asian guy to boot, which leaves the Asian guys completely SOL. Our women are being taken away from us, and not even against their own free will!

AIEEEEE!!!!!!

That's not true. I'm asian and I simply adore Korean men(especially Wonbin <3<3<3<3<3). I find many caucasian guys attractive, but I'm not actually attracted to them.

But then again, there are lots of tall, attractive asian guys where I live. Are you like short or something? That might be your problem.

thespeakerbox

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2004
To answer your question: Yes. But, if you wait around for it, which it seems you are, odds are it probably wont happen. It's my opinion that women can sense what type of guy they are going to approach. Meaning: outgoing , playful...whatever the characteristic may be. In your case, from your posts, i again suggest you dont wait around and go after girls. They will sense you dont want to go up to them and therefore will not even attempt to go after you. Note from my GF who read your post: "NOBODY LIKES A PANSIE. If a guy cant take the first step, how can he expect to do anything else like making the first move, etc. Relationships are two sided for a reason. "

Dont set your set up for a 1 week fling. and im not talking about a good one. Nope. I'm talking about fat chick who has so many evil friends they stalk you for the rest of your life type. Goodluck.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
You know, to be honest with you here in my school it's not the looks of a guy that really matter (although they do). Chicks dig guys with a good personality and attitude, so just live your life out real laid back, know when to say the right things, and it'll come.

Summitdrinker

Golden Member
May 10, 2004
and the best way to get women is to have a girlfreind or hang around good looking women even if there just freinds. it works for me, I have way more women paying attention to me or checking me out when I go out with a woman even if it's not a date.

your only 19 give it sometime, but also maybe change your ways somewhat. take a good look at yourself, you may have to change something, maybe your body language etc

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I'm sorry, but isn't it a little creepy to have women hit on men? I've been hit on many times, and it always turns me off.:p

mjrpes3

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Linux23
I'm sorry, but isn't it a little creepy to have women hit on men? I've been hit on many times, and it always turns me off.:p

Any women out there who are reading this post, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN. HE IS AN ALIEN. HE IS NOT FROM PLANET EARTH.