do sites like match.com work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i met someone on match.com once. we hung out a few times. she was gorgeous but dull and dumb as a post. but i'm sure she'll make somebody happy. actually, i've met a number of people on hotornot, included some long-lasting friends and some pretty wild flings. ;)

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I got a chick from ebay. Got a little damaged during shipping, but the rebate coupon made it worth it!

:D

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
I have meet someone from match.com

She winked at me, some new thing they have. And we started talking, etc.... Its hard to meet people when you move to a new area and don't know anybody so sites like match.com work well.
BUT if you want to be taken serious, you HAVE to post at least 2 photos. I have like 2-3 women a month wink or send a message without a photo and/or have like a 3 line despriction of what they want and are looking for. So they get NO SOUP!!!!
That and don't lie. If you are over weight say that. I love all the people that say they are average and they are NOT AVERAGE. Or I would hate to see the town they grew up in that was average in.

But I vote for Match.com as the best all the other suck

So you think it's worth the money?

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i met someone on match.com once. we hung out a few times. she was gorgeous but dull and dumb as a post. but i'm sure she'll make somebody happy. actually, i've met a number of people on hotornot, included some long-lasting friends and some pretty wild flings. ;)

I never meet anyone on hot or not. I've had a couple people say "they want to meet me" but nothing has ever happened.

I have to wonder what the hell people are thinking then they make some of these pictures good GOD>

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
If you're gay, Gay.com is a great place to meet ppl, I've heard. Lots of local ppl, good chat features.