do sites like match.com work?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
yes, they match 45 year old rapist men to 18-25 year old female and (mostly)male victims.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

I've met one of my past g/fs on Yahoo Personals.
A friend of mine has hooked up with girls from Yahoo, AdultFriendFinder, Match.com, and one other one I can't think of.

Great place to find girls for no-strings-attached sex, but looking for a relationship online is just asking for trouble,

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
I don't know about "sites like match.com" but my brother met his wife on AOL. They've been together for... almost 7 years... coming up on one year of marriage. He moved from here (the Detroit area) to Philadelphia to be with her... so yeah... that worked out good.
I've met a few good friends on Hot or Not. Depends what you're looking for... if you're looking for love, you have to get lucky like my brother did... if you're lookin for friends in your area, I think they work pretty good.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Match.com sucks majorly, I'd recommend Matchmaker.com instead. I met my Finacee there, we're getting married April 17th 2004. :)

Be honest, be interesting, post a picture of yourself and be as clear as you can on what you are looking for.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: amnesiac
A friend of mine has hooked up with girls from Yahoo, AdultFriendFinder, Match.com, and one other one I can't think of.

Great place to find girls for no-strings-attached sex, but looking for a relationship online is just asking for trouble,

Keep in mind that "sex" for most of the ATOTers consitutes creaming their pants upon hearing a woman's voice. :p

- M4H

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yes they work. I met my girlfriend on match.com, and we are very happy. Of course your mileage may vary, but it worked out great for us. We are both good looking people, but just got tire of the bar/dating scene, and tried something new. It worked.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My girlfriend and I met through Match.com. We've been dating over a year now because we're perfect for one another. I'm sure we're the exception instead of the rule, as with any way you meet people.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Yes they do, if you are willing to pay their fee and email the members you are interested in. Don't count on putting your profile up, and other people emailing you. You don't really need to put your pic on it, when you email the girl you are interested in, just say here are my pics.

SuPrEIVIE

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: amnesiac

Keep in mind that "sex" for most of the ATOTers consitutes creaming their pants upon hearing a woman's voice. :p

- M4H

LOL...i hope thats not true

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
t this time, we are not able to identify a match for you. We require that any match we provide be highly compatible with your values, beliefs and attitudes. This standard means that thousands of eHarmony users are often not matched right away./Q]

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: kermalou
t this time, we are not able to identify a match for you. We require that any match we provide be highly compatible with your values, beliefs and attitudes. This standard means that thousands of eHarmony users are often not matched right away./Q]

Rejected eh?

Might I suggest hotornot.com or Facethejury?

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
worked for me. I got together with a couple of girls in the span of about 4 months. I only had real chemistry with one of them, and it turned out weird, but the whole situation was complicated as I was actively dating someone else to begin with. Still, as a service, it was quite good. The only thing to keep an eye out for is the fact that like ATOT, these services tend to have more men than women, so you have to be somewhat aggressive if you want to hook up.

edit: also, if you do try your hand at this, the best places to meet strangers are neutral but intimate settings like starbucks.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
yes i met my wife, 20 years ago, on match.com.

Joke of the day!
It ties with Staley8's first comment.

Obviously the sites work, and I think people are looking down on matches from them less and less. Personally I'd have no qualms about using one if I had to. A lot of people have a tough time meeting people, especially if they're in an industry where they sit in front of a computer all day.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I have meet someone from match.com

She winked at me, some new thing they have. And we started talking, etc.... Its hard to meet people when you move to a new area and don't know anybody so sites like match.com work well.
BUT if you want to be taken serious, you HAVE to post at least 2 photos. I have like 2-3 women a month wink or send a message without a photo and/or have like a 3 line despriction of what they want and are looking for. So they get NO SOUP!!!!
That and don't lie. If you are over weight say that. I love all the people that say they are average and they are NOT AVERAGE. Or I would hate to see the town they grew up in that was average in.

But I vote for Match.com as the best all the other suck

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I dated a lot and used all my options....I had an ad on match.com (love.aol.com) and a few other sites...never a pay site though if more than a couple bucks.

They are all hit or miss...sometimes great dates, sometimes not. It beat the bar scene though for more that just a roll around after the dancing was done.

The messed up thing is it's been about 2 years since I have used the sites and a lot of the same people are on there still....some saying things like "I have never tried this before"