Do ricers know people are making fun of them?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
People whose cars actually PERFORM aren't ricers. People whose cars try to look like they perform, are.

Can we move on now?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: bR
Originally posted by: ohtwell
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: brigden
Ricing your car is alot like wearing goth shite; eventually they'll grow out of it.

I hope so, I don't want to any riced out mini-vans with baby seats in back.

Too late
Please tell me that van isn't real!!

: ) Amanda

Yes it is. :p

Vanning is popular in Japan.

Text

Those are pretty mild... get ready for this... :D

Text
Text
Text
Text

:Q

Those vans look like something that should crawl out of the ocean and fight with Godzilla. :Q

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Why does it matter if they know as long as they believe in their craft. Sure some may look silly to us, but if they want to express themselves that way, it's their car.

Don't be hatin'.

I think the nerd statement is too true...

NeoAaronX

Aug 4, 2003
It's really funny to see how hated "ricers" are on this forum.

I don't understand it.

It's like,.... they insult you by having a 3 foot tall wing on the back of their trunk.

Blah.
Stop making such a big deal about it. Most of them don't care you guys are laughing behind their backs.
A lot of them laugh about their own cars also.

Am I a ricer? I dunno. (Check sig) Maybe,.... but my car is faster than 90% of the cars on the street,... so,... eh,... whatever.

-Aaron

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Nearly all of em are hand-me-down mama's car givin to a bratty twerp still living at home...

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: ohtwell
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: brigden
Ricing your car is alot like wearing goth shite; eventually they'll grow out of it.

I hope so, I don't want to any riced out mini-vans with baby seats in back.

Too late
Please tell me that van isn't real!!

: ) Amanda

Yes it is. :p

Vanning is popular in Japan.

Text

Those are pretty mild... get ready for this... :D

Text
Text
Text
Text

:Q

While those vans are pretty wacky for us here in the U.S. they are done pretty well. Not like here where people stick on body kits and don't paint them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Some people just can't discern the difference between good attention and bad attention.

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: SampSon
Originally posted by: AIWGuru
It's a 2003 Mustang GT with super charger @ just under 400hp.
Is this rice?
picture 01
picture 02
Lame vanity plate with a skinny white nerd in the front seat.
I'd say it's rice.

Oh, is that what qualifies as rice?
If a skinny white boy in the driver's seat makes something rice, you could make a mclaren f1 look like it was grown in a chinese rice field.
And custom plates are VERY common here.
So what do YOU drive?

gururu

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Whats the difference between someone who mods their car and someone who mods their computer?
The car modder gets the chicks.

Originally posted by: SampSon
It's a 2003 Mustang GT with super charger @ just under 400hp.
Is this rice?
picture 01
picture 02
Lame vanity plate with a skinny white nerd in the front seat.
I'd say it's rice.

Oh, is that what qualifies as rice?
If a skinny white boy in the driver's seat makes something rice, you could make a mclaren f1 look like it was grown in a chinese rice field.
And custom plates are VERY common here.
So what do YOU drive?
Hahah don't get your panties in a bunch son.
It's a joke.

I drive a 2004 subaru impreza. Yes, I have a huge penis.

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
The computer analogy is accurate.
Somone who ads a supercharger and fram etc is like someone buying a faster CPU and videocard.
Someone who gets the leather and interior detail kit and chrome rims with yellow flange is like someone buying a nice case.
Somone cutting their case to crap, putting a window in it with lights and blinky things is like a ricer.

Riced = show but no go.
Upgraded = muscle

The computer analogy is accurate.
Somone who ads a supercharger and fram etc is like someone buying a faster CPU and videocard.
Someone who gets the leather and interior detail kit and chrome rims with yellow flange is like someone buying a nice case.
Somone cutting their case to crap, putting a window in it with lights and blinky things is like a ricer.

Riced = show but no go.
Upgraded = muscle
I'm not arguing with your definition of ricer. It's common knowledge what a ricer is at this point.

ahah fram.. sweet upgrade!!!! 56bhp! ;)

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Erm...well they need to be replaced ANYWAY so why not go for the bang for buck champion?

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Not just some people, LOTS of people. A Toyota Corolla is the WORST car to rice up. I saw one today with a huge spoiler on it, and possibly a home made car kit. Rest was stock. What "community" is this guy trying to fit in?

you aren't from jersey are you, around here two kids have carollas... one guy just molded his bumper to his quarter panels (and it's his daily driver) dumbass.

Other guy has a dual exhaust body kit with a single pipe and primer all around.

Bill

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Not just some people, LOTS of people. A Toyota Corolla is the WORST car to rice up. I saw one today with a huge spoiler on it, and possibly a home made car kit. Rest was stock. What "community" is this guy trying to fit in?

you aren't from jersey are you, around here two kids have carollas... one guy just molded his bumper to his quarter panels (and it's his daily driver) dumbass.

Other guy has a dual exhaust body kit with a single pipe and primer all around.

Bill

bablefish has got nothin' on that.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: gururu
Whats the difference between someone who mods their car and someone who mods their computer?
The car modder gets the chicks.
:D:beer: