DO NOT BUY from NVidia Direct.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
So let me tell you guys my experience with their online garbage of what they call a store.
Going against my better judgement on SLI, I decided to get another Titan Xp.

1. I placed an order for another Titan Xp.
It said it was in stock, and its even listed as in stock on their web page now.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

I was charged in advance for the card.
According to most credit card policies, it states you can not advance charge without shipping the card.
Its clearly states that under merchant agreements.

2. Fast Foward 2 days, i see nothing under order history from the store web site.
So im wondering where is my order history, and what is the status of my second card.
So i called Nvidia, and they tried to feed me some really funny excuse.
The CSR stated that at the time of order the card was not in stock, and i ordered a back ordered card.
(OK... i look at the web site and it says In stock)
So i told the CSR it says in stock on your web page.
The CSR then tells me, it was back ordered but went back in stock today.
(WTF? oh really.... this is starting to get really halarious)
So i ask CSR when will my card get shipped then.
CSR says they have absolutely no clue... i will get a email notification when it gets shipped.

I tell CSR you know its against Credit Card merchants agreement to precharge a CC before shipping right?
CSR tells me, that i was not charged.
(I look at online banking, and NOPE... its been charged... its not on HOLD like amazon or other vendors do, its a straight up Charge)

Then CSR tries to hurry and rush me out of my phone call by saying that they know nothing, and i will get an email from them as soon as the card gets shipped.

SIGH...

So im gonna give them another day, and then i will kindly inform my CC company how they gloriously violated the merchant agreement, as well as cancel my order and not go with SLI.

But yeah, just dont do it....
Dealing with Nvidia direct is a PITFA....
RMAing is a hassle squared... and even getting a new card from them is a PITFA.

My little Rant....

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
That's craziness.

Their website has shown the Titan Xp in stock all week. Pretty crappy thing for them to do, honestly if they say it's in stock and it's not for whatever reason.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh...

The first time I ordered my Titan it was actually an OK process.
But this time it is being a headache.

Also this i the first time i have called CSR, and it seems they use foreign CSR's.
She had a heavy accent which gave me a headache as she was clearly reading a scripted response.

But anyhow when i got my first Titan, i have read people complaining about the store.
You can see from this reddit the second comment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4ov0rl/has_anyone_dealt_with_buying_direct_from_nvidia/

he is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

The entire experience is HORRIBLE if its not a perfect order.
CSR is horrible.

I hear RMA's are also a nightmare, some people going months without word on their card.

Seriously this is the last Nvidia Direct i do, even if it means no more Titans for me.
I'll take the Ti's with less headaches from vendor BS any day of the week.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Well, we form future opinions on our personal experiences.

For me, I've had two separate MSI cards in the last 3 months develop bad fan bearings within 30 days of use.

Newegg had a MSI GTX 1080 ($640) in stock earlier today for a fair amount in this crazy market, and I just couldn't bring myself to order it. I was like "Two in a row, nope". ;)

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Seriously their online store is garbage.

I highly recommend u guys dont shop there no matter how tempting it is.
Worse yet i hear the entire RMA process if your card should go bad is garbage.

They are worse then ASUS when it comes to RMA, and ive seen some funny things from ASUS's RMA department like cards being TOSS'd across the room into storage bins after a refusal was issued, to be mailed back.

I am gonna give them one final day, if i don't see any status on the card, im canceling it, and then filing a dispute with credit card company if i don't see the refund right away.

My first rule of thumb is never trust a company which has tech support that uses english as a second language.
I dont mean to disrespect, but having ESL sometimes makes understanding very difficult, and 90% of the time ESL tech support are straight up reading scripts and not using their brains because they are not allowed to by management.

But yeah i am done with their online store.
I am most likely going back to eVGA.

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have had good experience with them so far, but I too was charged right after an order and well before shipment. I've ordered probably 4 or 5 times from them and gotten what I ordered every time and on time, but the account management is poor etc etc. But right now, thats the only place to get cards at msrp.....

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
says out of stock now... sounds like some sketchy order management on their part.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nvidia uses Digital River for order placement and customer support on the orders. I wouldn't blame Nvidia directly, although they should be using a better company. Digital River is just horrible.

Reactions: tviceman

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Nvidia_Titan.png

now they are saying the card is back ordered when it says its not...

note time and date stamp.

I am done with them.
Going to cancel my order.

Don't ever buy from them.
I am now going over to nvidia forums and throwing a hell storm over there too.

If nvidia is outsourcing, they need to change.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
now it just says free shipping; doesn't indicate stock status at all. shady...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
That's a pretty crappy way to run a business. Take $1200 + tax + shipping knowing there is no available product, and then let sit an account collecting interest why the customer is stuck without their money or card.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Nvidia uses Digital River for order placement and customer support on the orders. I wouldn't blame Nvidia directly, although they should be using a better company. Digital River is just horrible.
Funny because I just bought some software straight from MS and it was charged to Digital River.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
That's a pretty crappy way to run a business. Take $1200 + tax + shipping knowing there is no available product, and then let sit an account collecting interest why the customer is stuck without their money or card.
Banks have been doing that to customers for years.

Lordhumungus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2007
I had to deal with Digital River a few years back because I ordered a GTX 970 that came with a free download code and the code expired the same day the card shipped. It took about a week of phone calls once a day to finally get them to resolve the issue. Not fun.

On that note @ any mod(s) who reads this, for a while now I've been kicking around the idea of starting a thread somewhere to share customer service (of any kind) horror stories as I seem to be some sort of black hole of failure when it comes to dealing with CS. The idea would be to inform, vent, and maybe get a few laughs (to prevent myself from absolutely losing it). Is this allowed, and if so, where might be a good place section wise?

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Wow, that's messed up. No way they should be doing that :(

Let us know how it goes over at their forums

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
On that note @ any mod(s) who reads this, for a while now I've been kicking around the idea of starting a thread somewhere to share customer service (of any kind) horror stories as I seem to be some sort of black hole of failure when it comes to dealing with CS. The idea would be to inform, vent, and maybe get a few laughs (to prevent myself from absolutely losing it). Is this allowed, and if so, where might be a good place section wise?

People generally start them in the section of the component they had the experience with. For example, aigomorla created one for the video card here. I've seen them in just about every section over the years.

Lordhumungus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2007
People generally start them in the section of the component they had the experience with. For example, aigomorla created one for the video card here. I've seen them in just about every section over the years.

What I had in mind was a little more generic and would include stories from non-tech related stuff. I have laughable experiences from Newegg/FedEx/PayPal, Taco Bell, and Uber all queued up in the hopper. Really I should probably just start a blog or something as in my opinion some of the stories are just unbelievable.

In any case not derail your thread, I hope they get their poop together, but I would not hold my breath.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
What I had in mind was a little more generic and would include stories from non-tech related stuff. I have laughable experiences from Newegg/FedEx/PayPal, Taco Bell, and Uber all queued up in the hopper. Really I should probably just start a blog or something as in my opinion some of the stories are just unbelievable.

In any case not derail your thread, I hope they get their poop together, but I would not hold my breath.

I'd probably put that kind of post in off topic then.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The site is showing the Titan Xp back in stock again. I guess they want to hold some more people's money without any available stock again?