Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ricochet
1. Work out, become muscular, and improve your looks. Women (especially hot ones) are just as shallow as men.

2. If you don't have any game (as all nice guys do not), think about the future. Work on your grades, get into a good college, and get a high paying job. Work your @ss off to earn money and advance your career. By the time you become a success, the women your age will no longer become attractive to you. You can attract younger women.

3. Keep this in mind: when women grow older their stock drops substantially, men's will go up if they play their cards right. Men are attracted to beauty, while women are attracted to money. Guess which one age better.

4. In the mean time, do what every red-blooded men do: drink beer, watch football, and go to strip clubs (when you're old enough, of course). Go to parties, clubs, and bars and pickup on chicks who are drunk to improve your chances of success.

5. If you have access, listen to Tom Leykis.

Indeed.

Nice guys should get some fvcking confidence. If you don't have that you have NOTHING.

thehstrybean you should have been more PROACTIVE and asked these girls out or tried to get touchy feely with them. If you made it KNOWN to her that you like her she may have gone for you.

Asshole guys tend to be more proactive and show more confidence. They tend to be more fun and adventerous with stuff in general.

If your a guy and you can't talk to girls that is rightly going to SHAFTyou with gettind dates/ to know girls.

Rejection from a girl you no hardly know is NOTHING. Just keep on asking girls out.

Koing

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
Girls GENERALLY will not ask you out or be 'forward' towards you. GUYS have to do it ALL. Obviously some will but that is rare and few to have a girl YOU like ASK YOU OUT.

Koing

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Pu$$ies don't get any pu$$y. Dicks get pu$$y.

Your essay makes you sound like a pu$$y.

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Koing
1. Work out, become muscular, and improve your looks. Women (especially hot ones) are just as shallow as men.

2. If you don't have any game (as all nice guys do not), think about the future. Work on your grades, get into a good college, and get a high paying job. Work your @ss off to earn money and advance your career. By the time you become a success, the women your age will no longer become attractive to you. You can attract younger women.

3. Keep this in mind: when women grow older their stock drops substantially, men's will go up if they play their cards right. Men are attracted to beauty, while women are attracted to money. Guess which one age better.

4. In the mean time, do what every red-blooded men do: drink beer, watch football, and go to strip clubs (when you're old enough, of course). Go to parties, clubs, and bars and pickup on chicks who are drunk to improve your chances of success.

Indeed.

Nice guys should get some fvcking confidence. If you don't have that you have NOTHING.

thehstrybean you should have been more PROACTIVE and asked these girls out or tried to get touchy feely with them. If you made it KNOWN to her that you like her she may have gone for you.

Asshole guys tend to be more proactive and show more confidence. They tend to be more fun and adventerous with stuff in general.

If your a guy and you can't talk to girls that is rightly going to SHAFTyou with gettind dates/ to know girls.

Rejection from a girl you no hardly know is NOTHING. Just keep on asking girls out.

Koing

I have confidence...I just don't want to screw something up that I've worked on...And what am I supposed to do if a girl doesn't feel like a relationship, but I like her?

Sex Smurf

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: thehstrybean

Indeed.

Koing

I have confidence...I just don't want to screw something up that I've worked on...And what am I supposed to do if a girl doesn't feel like a relationship, but I like her?

Sounds like you've worked real hard to being her friend. GOOD JOB, you've got a buddy.

Koing

Oct 11, 2000

Indeed.

Koing

You got to take risks mate.

One girl friend or be with a girl and be her boyfriend?

The choice is easy imo. A girl you are obviously attracted too, you should make the moves. Risk it. If it doesn't work out fvck it. You were at least 'real' close to her and were more then friends. Girls often have a bunch of guy friends but most only have one boyfriend at a time. Being close with a girl is MUCH better then being her guy friend imo, especially when you feel attracted to her.

Life is short, take these risks in a relationship. If it doesn't work out then at least you tried.

BUT if she REALLY doesn't want a relationship then you have NO SAY so it doesn't matter in the end. If you like her you either just keep quiet about it or tell her and hope she changes her mind. This is REALLY unlikely though.

Nice guys don't finish last. You are doing fine if you were more proactive BUT if she doesn't have the same feelings as you you j ust CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

Koing

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004

Indeed.

Koing

You got to take risks mate.

One girl friend or be with a girl and be her boyfriend?

The choice is easy imo. A girl you are obviously attracted too, you should make the moves. Risk it. If it doesn't work out fvck it. You were at least 'real' close to her and were more then friends. Girls often have a bunch of guy friends but most only have one boyfriend at a time. Being close with a girl is MUCH better then being her guy friend imo, especially when you feel attracted to her.

Life is short, take these risks in a relationship. If it doesn't work out then at least you tried.

BUT if she REALLY doesn't want a relationship then you have NO SAY so it doesn't matter in the end. If you like her you either just keep quiet about it or tell her and hope she changes her mind. This is REALLY unlikely though.

Nice guys don't finish last. You are doing fine if you were more proactive BUT if she doesn't have the same feelings as you you j ust CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

Koing

That is true...like I wrote, it kinda erases that feeling of "what if"...when you guys were in HS (unless you still are, then you really know), did girls always seem to go with jerks? Why?
Natural female "a$$hole attraction" thing?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
You need to be a grade A asshole to finish in 1st place (girls wise), 'cause the hos dig assholes.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
Originally posted by: yllus
Nice guys don't finish last, boring guys finish last.

Very often the same people who whine about how nice they act are actually incredibly boring to hang out with.

That said, you're liable to attract more girls in the 18-25 year old age bracket by greeting them with a smack on the ass than you are with a polite hello and inquiry as to if they would like a drink.

Yes, there is clearly a problem in the definition of NICE....

similarly, there's sometimes different definition of 'bad boy or asshole' that we all make.

But clearly, as women say us men have instances where we're 'thinking with the wrong head'...

here women, or I should classify females... aren't thinking with their head but with their hornyness...

driven to that guy that offers glimpses of danger, brawn, controlled carelessness... ha, I already phrased it the way a female would like to safely gloss it...

I'll stop.

The problem is there is no such thing as controlled carlessness or any of those lables...

A reckless 'badboy' isn't also going to be able to come off being refined and be able to discuss fine wine with you, or cook you a lavish dinner... But somehow women think a person can have such opposite qualities yet in reality they such qualities tend to cancel each other out.

Isn't this further proof how females have a reputation of not being able to make up their mind on things? They think there's cake and it can be had too.

and if not... well then the
female then TRIES to apply CHANGE to the guy,

she tries to curb the man, reshape him...

WHICH CANNOT BE DONE, stupid.... He has to do it when he wants to, if he wants to... for ex. IF he values her enough, if he decides, 'hey i'm not 18 anymore, I want to be a man... etc.

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
That is true...like I wrote, it kinda erases that feeling of "what if"...when you guys were in HS (unless you still are, then you really know), did girls always seem to go with jerks? Why?
Natural female "a$$hole attraction" thing?

I'm not in HS anymore. I have basically finished Uni apart from 3 exams. I have learnt A LOT...

When I was in HS I know why I didn't have a gf apart from me not liking a girl that was 'available'. Sure I noticed a bunch of cute girls but they either had gfs or what not. But it basicaly came down to me not being pro active with them. But also the fact that I was simply not 'fun' at that time to them. Sure I was crazy in to sports and that definately too much for most girls when I was that age. Is that going to be fun? Hell no to them!

The girls were with guys they liked. They were 'fun' for them. Some were jerks but a lot of guys are at that age. I use to be a bit of a jerk also but I wised up faster then they did.

BUT I have found about now those guys are MUCH more level headed and less jerk like they use to be.

Now it is all different and I am much more in to things, full of self confidence and belief.

Koing

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
^^Very true...I can cook! Nice!! I'm gonna get a wife now!! Schweet!

J/K....But yeah, I pretty much agree with all of that...but if women know that 1) they can't change the a$$hole, 2) they WILL be hurt, & 3) he is reckless with valueable things (sex, ect...), then why do they still go after the "badboy" *dials mental health hotline*

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
^^Very true...I can cook! Nice!! I'm gonna get a wife now!! Schweet!

J/K....But yeah, I pretty much agree with all of that...but if women know that 1) they can't change the a$$hole, 2) they WILL be hurt, & 3) he is reckless with valueable things (sex, ect...), then why do they still go after the "badboy" *dials mental health hotline*

Because some of them are just stupid like some guys are stupid. Believeing this girl 10-15+yrs their junior loves them and isn't out for something else. BUT it does happen sometimes but is often not the case.

The guys they meet are really whimpish and not ballsy to ask them out. Or they are just plain ugly.

Some people just like to be treated badly by their SO. They like to have 'drama' in their otherwise peaceful lives.

Koing

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
When they are teenagers, yes, but when they are adults the nice guys normally do best. I've done pretty well, and though I may act like a pecker on ATOT most people I know I've managed to kid into thinking I'm a nice guy. :) The sort of woman who wants a dick boyfriend is a trash heap you don't want anyhow. Get a woman with self-esteem, and you'll find that she doesn't want to be walked on by an asshole. And trust me, you don't want a woman with a low self-esteem, becaus she'll be a whiney, naggy, useless pathetic pain in the ass.

NiKeFiDO

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
girls love drama. a$$holes give it to them. nice guys are "boring"

sorry guys, but i you dont provide the drama, they wont provide the pus$y
(im not pretending to get girls, im most def a nice guy, this is just a thought that occured to me that i havent seen disproven yet)

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
When they are teenagers, yes, but when they are adults the nice guys normally do best. I've done pretty well, and though I may act like a pecker on ATOT most people I know I've managed to kid into thinking I'm a nice guy. :) The sort of woman who wants a dick boyfriend is a trash heap you don't want anyhow. Get a woman with self-esteem, and you'll find that she doesn't want to be walked on by an asshole. And trust me, you don't want a woman with a low self-esteem, becaus she'll be a whiney, naggy, useless pathetic pain in the ass.

The problem is there is someone somewhere saying "If I had Mrs. Skoorb I would treat her so much better than he does"

Everybody thinks they are the nice guy.

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe
Originally posted by: Skoorb

The problem is there is someone somewhere saying "If I had Mrs. Skoorb I would treat her so much better than he does"

Everybody thinks they are the nice guy.

Your comment may be true but Mrs Skoorb loves Skoorb doe orhwe rhwn rhw ew AON HW REWra hwe nixw. ANY guy can treat a girl 'nice' as long as he isn't a complete tosser! But to have that girl respond back and like you is much diffrent.

I am a nice guy dude!

I'd say I'm a pretty f0cking top guy with my friends and people in real life :cool:

Koing

calisoldier83

Apr 8, 2005
my roommate while i was in iraq had sex with triple digits worth of girls. everyone hated him as a person because he comes off as an asshole. hes 25 y/o 80,000/year income and married now. Hes defiantly done some things with girls in the same room as me that would put his marriage in jeopardy if his wife found out. assholes finish first as far as chicks go!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: calisoldier
my roommate while i was in iraq had sex with triple digits worth of girls. everyone hated him as a person because he comes off as an asshole. hes 25 y/o 80,000/year income and married now. Hes defiantly done some things with girls in the same room as me that would put his marriage in jeopardy if his wife found out. assholes finish first as far as chicks go!

if i were you id call his wife and make him finish last

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I once remarked to woman about how women choose jerks. She said when it comes to women, that men make the same kind of choices .

I wonder if this idea that jerks get the women is more an expression of jealousy than anthing else.