Do conservatives act this way?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
liberals cheered when Reagan was shot.

Columbia University on March 30, 1981
A standing ovation. Wild celebration. High fives. Cheering. Fists pounding the air. My classmates were jumping up and down and hugging each other like they had just won the lottery. It was the happiest day of their lives! And I can’t forget the words wafting through the air in the midst of this celebration, “YES, they killed that bastard Reagan!”

http://www.bizzyblog.com/2013/03/30/students-cheered-upon-learning-reagan-was-shot-32-years-ago/

It's a real pity folk act like that when they feel a monster has died or eulogize a dead monster as if he or she were a saint. All it seems to do is scare folk who think differently turning their fear into hate. But that was a long, long time ago, to long I would hope to carry such scars. Perhaps we need to forgive them, because if we knew that those who disgusted us and frightened us long ago we all now dead, we might feel some secret joy too, no?

Apr 27, 2012

A standing ovation. Wild celebration. High fives. Cheering. Fists pounding the air. My classmates were jumping up and down and hugging each other like they had just won the lottery. It was the happiest day of their lives! And I can’t forget the words wafting through the air in the midst of this celebration, “YES, they killed that bastard Reagan!”

http://www.bizzyblog.com/2013/03/30/students-cheered-upon-learning-reagan-was-shot-32-years-ago/

It just shows how idiotic the left can be

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Nowadays the media has rewritten history as to how polarizing Reagan and Thatcher were. GWB was despised, that's nothing compared to the 80s. Folks had more of a bigger picture before tits and ass 24/7 news and were very aware of what these two were up to in gutting the middle class and selling the government out to the highest bidder. (Their corporate buddies)

Last edited:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Personally I see it as people celebrating the passing of the old conservative boomer generation. Time to leave conservatism in the same moldy 20th century dustbin of failed economic and social extremism. Younger people are much less isolated. The same old divisive lies are met with eye rolls and pats on the head. Poor crazy old people yelling angrily at clouds. A new horizon is here. Thatchers gone!

I do not celebrate another persons passing, but my only sadness is she was not in a prison for being a war criminal sort. But then I feel this about Gadaffi, Hussei and Reagan too. So whatevah.

Last edited:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

So? That is one person's fictional account of what happened that day. I can tell you that there are plenty of conservatives at Columbia as well. One dude, who, if you ever met him, would swear he's a Californian liberal (he's from California and looks like the stereotypical surfer dude), told me that being gay is a choice and men are fucking men because it's a fad. he whispered this to me, of course, since we were in front of Low Library...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
Personally I see it as people celebrating the passing of the old conservative boomer generation. Time to leave conservatism in the same moldy 20th century dustbin of failed economic and social extremism. Younger people are much less isolated. The same old divisive lies are met with eye rolls and pats on the head. Poor crazy old people yelling angrily at clouds. A new horizon is here. Thatchers gone!

I do not celebrate another persons passing, but my only sadness is she was not in a prison for being a war criminal sort. But then I feel this about Gadaffi, Hussei and Reagan too. So whatevah.

I understand your an idiot but Conservatism is what will fix this country:D

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I understand your an idiot but Conservatism is what will fix this country

Just like it fixed Iran, Iraq and Pakistan. Social Conservatism is the open enemy of freedom and modernism.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Sounds like a whole lot of made up bullshit in there. Which coming from the right is to be expected, especially Wayne Allen Root.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Yes. Pelosi, Obama, Feinstein, etc I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be smiling for a while.

Its not about politics and views, its about people who would use threat of death or incarceration to force their ideology on me and take what's mine without my consent. Their deaths result in less threats to freedoms I cherish and therefore my life. So yes it would be cause for celebration and congratulations amongst friends and family.

I will throw a party if Feinstein suddenly collapsed. It would involve a desert picnic and dozens of semiautomatic rifles with high capacity magazines in her memory.